Film Version of Good Times Announced

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Sony Pictures, Scott Rudin Plot Feature Film Adaptation Of ’70s TV Series ‘Good Times’

EXCLUSIVE:Sony Picturesand producerScott Rudinwill turn the groundbreaking ’70s sitcomGood Timesinto a feature film. They’ve set a writer,Phil Johnston, whose most recent credits includeWreck-It RalphandCedar Rapids. Rudin will produce the family comedy with Eli Bush.
While Rudin is selective about the remakes with which he becomes involved – Manchurian Candidate, Shaftand Sabrina – I think this has a lot of potential. The series, which aired on CBS from 1974-79, was one in a series of socially aware Norman Lear-generated sitcoms that pushed the envelope by mixing comedy with topicality and hot-button issues. Others includedAll In The Family(bigot patriarch),One Day At A Time(struggling single mother) andMaude.
Good Times focused on working-class couple James and Florida Evans as they raised three kids while struggling with hard financial times, unemployment and keeping their kids away from temptations that came with living in a Chicago housing project. The movie will be set in the 1960s, which gives Johnston a rich and politically charged period to mine.
William Bannister, Michael Daniels and Neville Mouguel will be associate producers and Eric Monte, Tammie Evans and Carlena Harris will be executive producers.
Un fucking believable.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I hope it's all about bootlegging a Doobie Brother's concert.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Oh wait, this isn't even the show with Rerun. Now I really don't care.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
This is honestly one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a while.

I'm guessing it all has to be some corporate thinking that they can get some Tyler Perry type money. But being Sony they'll completely over spend, unlike Lionsgate who knows how to be cheap so they can make a profit.

I barely even remember the show, did it even leave the apartment? I have almost no memory of it other than it being in the living room of that dirty apartment.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This is honestly one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a while.

I'm guessing it all has to be some corporate thinking that they can get some Tyler Perry type money. But being Sony they'll completely over spend, unlike Lionsgate who knows how to be cheap so they can make a profit.

I barely even remember the show, did it even leave the apartment? I have almost no memory of it other than it being in the living room of that dirty apartment.
There was an episode where JJ went to get tested for an STD at a free clinic and Jay Leno was also there as a patient.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I hope they make this like the Brady Bunch movie where the family is stuck in the 70's while living in a modern world.

I can already imagine all the jokes about a black president.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
If it means that I never have to hear another person on Wackbag bring up that movie again, its a deal.
You don't understand. That was the worst thing to ever happen to white people ever.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Black people are the only people that still go to the movies, so a good chunk of the shit that comes out is aimed at them to make a quick buck.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Black people are the only people that still go to the movies, so a good chunk of the shit that comes out is aimed at them to make a quick buck.
Shit I didn't realize that only black people were responsible for making Oz: The Great and Powerful the number one movie at the box office last week. You really do learn something new every day.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Shit I didn't realize that only black people were responsible for making Oz: The Great and Powerful the number one movie at the box office last week. You really do learn something new every day.
The point was, black folks go to the movies a lot more frequently than white folks.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
This should go well...