OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, 360)

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by SOS, Feb 3, 2012.

1. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Final Fantasy XIII-2

She spent years fighting her destiny. With courage in her heart, she faced the false gods who ruled over people for centuries.

Her unfaltering determination changed the world. The gods were vanquished, their plans to massacre the human race destroyed. As Cocoon fell, a single pillar formed, connecting the ravaged world to the one below Pulse, the underworld. It was the beginning of a new era.

However, she was nowhere to be found. Everyone was convinced she was gone – with the exception of her sister, Serah Farron.

Three years later..

A single meteorite falls from the sky. As spatial distortions are created, bloodthirsty monsters appear, threatening the peaceful existence of the townspeople.

In the midst of the chaos, Serah is rescued by a young man by the name of Noel. A hunter from the future, he appears in front of her with a message. “Come with me across the boundaries of time,” he says. “Your sister is waiting.”

She is Lightning – protector of the Goddess who rules the realm of death and chaos. She is Sarah’s sister, her heroine, her saviour.

I need to see my sister again.

Grabbing her weapon, Serah heads out on a journey as she takes her first step into a new, unknown future.

Wikipedia

IGN 8/10

2. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

I'm -actually- hearing from friends that this game isn't that bad.

I still don't think I'll be buying it though. Then again, there's no way it could be a worse purchase than Soul Calibur V.

3. bigtobacco

bigtobacco Corey Feldman is Hurting...

I'm just about to take on the last boss and have enjoyed the game so far - it's way hells better than what they did with X-2. The storyline seems tighter than XIII and the combat system feels a bit quicker. The whole monster capture thing is decent, however I would still prefer a host of rotating regular characters. The graphics and sound, of course, are superb.

The main mission isn't super long, however there seems to be a lot of side missions (I'll likely hit these after the main story). Given the short main mission and lack of replay value, it would probably make a good purchase on the cheap if a person wait a few months. It was first day purchase for me, though I am pretty much a sucker for the main Final Fantasy games.

4. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

Dunno. Series kind of shit the bed with FFX. Got a little too much into the Love Story. A little too much into the Japanese Teen style of Romance. A little to suck. Kind of flatlined for me with X-2, then a shitty MMO. I got a hold of 12 (the one for PS2? with the sky pirates or something?) and it just lacked the charm of 1-9. Wheels started to fall off with 8.

Did the series come out of the weirdness, or is it still kind of shitty?