Fireflies

Beeman99

I just got home from moving hives tonight, and I saw fucking fireflies like crazy in the yard I moved out. I have never ever seen them before, always thought they were only in the southern states. Cool little bastards, spent probably half an hour watching them.

Is this worthy of it's own thread, probably not, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I can remember them as far back as two and a half years old down in Mississippi when I'd be out in the yard at night chasing after them.

Beeman99

I can remember them as far back as two and a half years old down in Mississippi when I'd be out in the yard at night chasing after them.
I'm 27 and I felt like I was 2 and half watching them. I just never thought they'd be this far north.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Lightning bugs absolutely deserve their own thread. I ate a bunch of acid one night and watched a field of them for hours, it was one of the most entertaining things I have ever watched while hallucinating.

do yourself a favor, get a wiffle ball bat, and go to town on them. sounds cruel, but it's fun as hell.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
do yourself a favor, get a wiffle ball bat, and go to town on them. sounds cruel, but it's fun as hell.
Glowing liquid baseball bat explosion!

Beeman...crossbread them with bees. How fun would that bee? Glowing honey!

Beeman99

Glowing liquid baseball bat explosion!

Beeman...crossbread them with bees. How fun would that bee? Glowing honey!

that made me laff. You have no idea how long it took me to figure out what the hell I was seeing. It was like showing a caveman a hooker, didn't know what to do or think off the bat.

we used to smear em on our faces ........glow in the dark war paint

I see them around here alot, and they are one of the coolest things in nature.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Lightning bugs absolutely deserve their own thread. I ate a bunch of acid one night and watched a field of them for hours, it was one of the most entertaining things I have ever watched while hallucinating.
the only thing better is fireworks but they make too much noise

I don't see as much in Charlotte as I did back up north. Maybe it's the heat or something.

The Japanese believe they are the spirits of the dead. Kind of romantic when you think about it. Or fucking weird.