Firefox 2.0.0.11 problems

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Anyone else having hang up issues with the newest Beta of Firefox?

The fucker keeps hanging up and I'm getting pretty damn sick of restarting. It's happening with both my computers, one is a laptop running Vista Ultimate, the other is a PC running XP Pro.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
The last 3 times i've installed firefox, it never works right. That browser is dead to me know.

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
Dec 11, 2004
Lakewood, CO
Yeah, it's messing with some of my add-ins, and seems to be a little buggy. I've thought about reverting back, but I'm lazy and I can put up with it for now.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
Well if its a beta version there is always the possibility that there is going to be issues. It's meant to be tested and not all the bugs are fixed with it. I never bother with betas with browsers. If your going to install a beta version of firefox do a separate install instead of installing over the current version you have now.
Try using Opera if your having problems with firefox. its faster and doesn't crash that often. It also claims that its more secure than firefox. Though the big difference is there are no extensions for it.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If you want stability, then only run apps that end in an even number and have few significant digits.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Mine runs fine, but it does take forever to load from a fresh boot. I'm talking like 20-30 seconds. I even installed Firefox Preloader and it still doesn't help that much.

That was one of the main reasons I stopped using IE7, but now I've gotten too hooked on all the extensions. I'm sure all the extensions I have (about 15) contribute to the slow boot.

Anyone have any suggestions for speeding up load time? Registry tweaks? Addons?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Using Firefox/2.0.0.11 on Vista Basic and disabled the "Check for Updates" feature in the options.

Also poked around in the about:config settings and tweaked some things and now my load time is 5 seconds to start my Google homepage and an extra blank tab.

FYI...