OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Fitness trainer gains and loses 70 pounds in 1 year -- on purpose

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Jun 6, 2012.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/health/drew-manning-fit2fat2fit-lessons/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

2. Larz

Larz ****Self-Banned****
    It's My Birthday!

If he had kept the weight for a couple of years it would have been interesting... but 6 months is really nothing for someone who has been in shape for most of his life. The weight loss isn't all that impressive, but I guess his goal was mostly to get into the mindset of a fat fuck.

Theres a guy at my gym who started off at about 300+ a few years ago and dropped to about 185. He lifts and does cardio like a mad man 5x week... but no matter what he can't get rid of the gut and just chalks it up to having been a fatty for most of his adult life.

3. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

This was posted in the weight loss thread. Good story. Gotta appreciate that he did it to be better at his job. It can be so easy for a shredder trainer to not understand his fatty clients.

4. Guilty Spark

Guilty Spark It's freeing and refreshing

I think more than anything this experiment showed that people who can't lose the weight are weak minded lazy fucks.

5. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

When he was fat, he looked less like a tool.

6. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Read the post 2 above yours, you negative twat. Not ever human being has the physical capacity to look like Mr. Universe regardless of their mindset or even physical training.

7. Guilty Spark

Why don't I just let you suck my dick and get it over with?

Are you a fat slob?

8. fletcher

Donator

Because if you cant find a suitable guy to do it by now why the hell would I be willing? And no.

Seriously, every single post of yours is how shitty everything is. Go find something you enjoy doing and try to be happy you miserable fuck.

9. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

He did it to get on the teeeveee, but it's still an interesting story.
    That'll do it. Especially the sugary drinks, it's ridiculous how many calories a person can consume without ever eating anything, with that shit.

10. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

It's even worse if he was also a fatty as a kid. Parents who don't make sure their kids eat healthy pretty much fuck them for life.

11. Larz

Larz ****Self-Banned****
    It's My Birthday!

The guy was in shape and let himself go for 6 months. Its easy to rebound in that situation. For someone thats been a chronic fatty and never done a lick of exercise it would take about a year just to get fit enough to workout properly, build passable cardio, and clean out the internal gunk buildup from years of self-abuse. Another year to pile on fat burning muscle, and yet another year to shred.

12. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Weigh loss (genetics and body chemistry aside) has almost nothing to do with cardio, though. It's mostly about diet, and a little bit about muscle mass and an overall active lifestyle.

13. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I was around 270 at my heaviest and now I'm around 190 and going to the gym 4-5 times a week. Been on a workout regiment for a little over 4 months now. While way way better than I've ever been, I can tell it takes some times to erase years of being shitty.

14. Larz

Larz ****Self-Banned****
    It's My Birthday!

My belief is cardio helps all around fitness... their are plenty of bodybuilders that do zero cardio and are of course ripped. Its just a preference in personal fitness goals. But yes I'd agree.. diet is at least 50% of the solution, and by that I mean avoidance of bad carbs.. not necessarily calorie counting.

15. Guilty Spark

Yeah, you're a fatty alright.

16. fletcher

Donator

Lighten up, Frances. Oh wait, thats me! har har har

17. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i call bullshit, you cant stretch your skin out like that then expect it to bounce back that fast, he should have some serous stretch marks and the skin shouldn't conform to his muscles like that, im "skinny fat" i have NEVER been able to have definition like that because my entire childhood i was a fatty. ive tried everything to get rid of "the flab" its genetics

18. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Nah, it's real. i remember the stories from when he was fat. It's just easy to bounce back when you are not fat for very long. Actors do that shit all the time.