Flash mob robs Maryland 7-Eleven in less than a minute, police say

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Honestly, what can a store clerk do? Threatening them with a shotgun might scare some of them out of the store...but again, you're assuming 1, 2, or 20 of these 30 kids aren't carrying guns or knives themselves that will get pointed right back at you. And you get a cop or two showing up, how would he go about corralling them? Is it even worth it? Maybe Motorhead can give some input on it if he sees the thread. I just don't know how you would go about stopping this from the clerk and the cop's POV, with very limited resources.

The clerk/owner could rig the doors to lock remotely from the counter...that might slow some of them down and allow more than a couple cops to converge on the store. Of course, who's to say you won't get your ass beaten...all over chips and drank. It's a toughie.
Motorhead did have a solution to the problem. But I think his job application cannon is still in the testing stage.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Motorhead did have a solution to the problem. But I think his job application cannon is still in the testing stage.
LMAO!!! The prototype caused papercuts to test subjects and the lawsuits filed by PETA on behalf of the test monkeys we shot the applications at are mounting. This will likely kill my other invention, the "fathers day card claymore mine".

Yeah, this is a fucking serious problem. They hit so fast that catching more then a couple of them is about all the more you can expect. You can pass a law that exacts a harsh jail sentence for participating in some sort of flashmob crime incident. So 30 people invade a liqour store and the cops catch a couple of them. Send those two, to jail on an enhanced sentence if you can prove it was orchestrated on some sort of social media. This is what will likely happen soon. You have to make the punishment so harsh that the safety in numbers mindset is trumped by the one chance that you will do 20 years in prison. But, of course the lawyers will argue that putting a couple young people in jail for stealing a bag of chips and some red drank is overkill. For some people in our society jail is a family reunion or a social club. Hell, for a lot of thugs the jail is a fucking Hilton complete with bitches and dope.

So until we start outsourcing convicted criminals to serve their sentences in third world prisons, a lot of people will have no fear of prison. I would rather spend 10 years in protective custody, then spend 1 month in a Guatamalean jail. At least in 10 years I will still be alive and able to take a normal shit.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
You could auto-lock the doors and set off some sort of pepper spray device that uses a dye for identification. Come to think of it, most young persons spend an awful lot of money on their clothes. If a dye bomb went off spoiling their FUBU clothes and Nike shoes, it might be a pretty good detterent. No red drank or bag of Funyans is worth a ruined pair of Air Jordans or a good SeanJohn jacket.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
You could auto-lock the doors and set off some sort of pepper spray device that uses a dye for identification. Come to think of it, most young persons spend an awful lot of money on their clothes. If a dye bomb went off spoiling their FUBU clothes and Nike shoes, it might be a pretty good detterent. No red drank or bag of Funyans is worth a ruined pair of Air Jordans or a good SeanJohn jacket.
Yeah but what poorly paid store clerk is going to set that off knowing that it is going to end in them either being beaten to death or shot by the animals that they are locked in the store with. Even if they have a remote trigger and leave there are probably going to be a bunch of them outside as well.

As long as we as a society ignore the real problem here there is no solution.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Yeah but what poorly paid store clerk is going to set that off knowing that it is going to end in them either being beaten to death or shot by the animals that they are locked in the store with. Even if they have a remote trigger and leave there are probably going to be a bunch of them outside as well.

So what do you propose we do? Let them out in the wild again? They won't stand a chance

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Install double doors at the entrance. The second one wont open unless the first one is completely closed. It requires that people file in orderly.

Probably a $1000 or more investment, so I'm not sure if the cost is worth mitigating the threat of a flash mob, but it's also probably the cheapest and most effective deterrent. You can even have electronic locks that can be activated by the cashier.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The Final Solution is to lock them in and pump it full of carbon monoxide. Damage to the store will be minimal and the bodies can be used to feed the rest of the ghetto dwellers...

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
So your saying that free school, free books, free school supplies, free food, free rent and a cashable check for free money isn't doing enough for them??? I have to pay for everything I have and for my daughters school expenses and she will be an RN by this time next year making $50K+ per year as a trauma nurse. So exactly what did I do right, that so many can't seem to? Or am I just guilty of cheating the system by raising my child to work hard, respect others and not to expect a handout at every turn???

Personally, I think anybody that can't behave themselves needs to be dropped off on a great big island in the middle of the ocean that has no raw materials that could be used to make a floatation device out of. But that's just me. I'm crazy with this whole, behave concept.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
So your saying that free school, free books, free school supplies, free food, free rent and a cashable check for free money isn't doing enough for them??? I have to pay for everything I have and for my daughters school expenses and she will be an RN by this time next year making $50K+ per year as a trauma nurse. So exactly what did I do right, that so many can't seem to? Or am I just guilty of cheating the system by raising my child to work hard, respect others and not to expect a handout at every turn???

Personally, I think anybody that can't behave themselves needs to be dropped off on a great big island in the middle of the ocean that has no raw materials that could be used to make a floatation device out of. But that's just me. I'm crazy with this whole, behave concept.
Actually I think he was going the other direction of society at large not admitting the issue is racial.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Honestly, what can a store clerk do? Threatening them with a shotgun might scare some of them out of the store...but again, you're assuming 1, 2, or 20 of these 30 kids aren't carrying guns or knives themselves that will get pointed right back at you. And you get a cop or two showing up, how would he go about corralling them? Is it even worth it? Maybe Motorhead can give some input on it if he sees the thread. I just don't know how you would go about stopping this from the clerk and the cop's POV, with very limited resources.
How does one person facing a large group of armed ruffians seize control? He offers a head canoe, of course.

[YT]co5xVHsMRV0[/YT]