Flashlights

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Not Fleshlights.

Need something that's got a good shine to it that illuminates a lot in the dark. Preferably one that takes C Batteries, as I bought a box of them during a Fire Sale at a store recently.

I've heared MAG Lights have fallen off in recent years in terms of quality.

Anything you degenerates swear by?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Not Fleshlights.

Need something that's got a good shine to it that illuminates a lot in the dark. Preferably one that takes C Batteries, as I bought a box of them during a Fire Sale at a store recently.

I've heared MAG Lights have fallen off in recent years in terms of quality.

Anything you degenerates swear by?
Two years ago I was at Costco and boughten this for maybe $25.

Holy shit what a flashlight. It had a bulbous milky yellow lens and you say no way then turn it on and it throws a hell of a beam that happens to be square. Then you slide the front end and focus the beam from a foot square, I mean a 3 decimeter square to wide open. Two brightnesses plus the usual useless flash. I put one in my work rig and use it often in the predawn and night and finally changed batteries last week. The one in the house is going strong on the original set.

My buddy was bragging on his Streamlight or Steinway or one of the expensive S brands and he shined a cargo trailer far across the compound. I said hmm and fired up the Duracell and put his to shame.

Of course they probably only made a short run of them but I give them my highest rating.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
I have a Black and Decker rechargeable LED spotlight from Walmart. Cost 50 bucks about 3 years ago. This thing will keep oil tankers off the reef, my friend. It has a kickstand so you can use it as a work light, and it has a dimmer switch.... because you'll burn out your fucking retinas trying to read shit without dimming it. After 3 years the battery still holds a charge quite well. Don't shine this thing in the sky on dark, foggy nights unless you want 747's buzzing you.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
I have a Black and Decker rechargeable LED spotlight from Walmart. Cost 50 bucks about 3 years ago. This thing will keep oil tankers off the reef, my friend. It has a kickstand so you can use it as a work light, and it has a dimmer switch.... because you'll burn out your fucking retinas trying to read shit without dimming it. After 3 years the battery still holds a charge quite well. Don't shine this thing in the sky on dark, foggy nights unless you want 747's buzzing you.
Let me beat you all to it and be the first to point out that I said "dark... nights". What an asshole.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
By "illuminates a lot" do you mean it has a panoramic spill, or do you mean really bright?

I bought a Nitecore MH20 on Amazon a few weeks ago. It claims to deliver 1000 lumens but will gradually drop to 700 if left on the highest setting for some time. I bought it because it is tiny. The bundle I bought came with its own rechargeable 18620 battery. But there's an even better deal now that comes with 2 batteries for about $55. It also has a built-in micro-USB port to charge it. Do a Google/YouTube search for reviews and more specs.

I avoid alkaline-battery flashlights. They will eventually leak inside expensive equipment. And they supposebly explode at random.

Some Chinese-based websites sell bright flashlights for next to nothing, but the quality control is suspect. If cost is a concern, you may want to look into that. I forgot the name of the most popular site. But there are several.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Let me beat you all to it and be the first to point out that I said "dark... nights". What an asshole.
Actually I wouldn't beat you up on that.
When the moon is out a night can be rather "light".
As someone that spent a lot of time camping there
really is a difference at night. Some nights are light
and some are dead dark.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i swear buy stream light, its an on running joke, i ALWAYS have some kind of flash light, I'm a scared of the dark......

i own 4 of these

stream light rechargeable stingers.

i carry this one almost all the time.

i bought a stream light Strion led for my wife for christmas a few years ago

give your C batterys to your mother to put in her vibrator, and play with the big boy flash lights

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
cool story bro time.

so I'm at a "picnic / bon fire" event one night there is about 50-75 people there at least, a mixed group with a lot of kids. a kid about 10-12 is walking around asking people if they have a flash light. well fezman saves the day, i pull out my handy stream light stinger and i hand it to the kid, i look him right in the eye and say "you may borrow my flash light but I'm scared of the dark so i want it back as soon as you are done, remember my face."

so off he goes, i can see the light across the field, he's actually lighting up most of the place with it. about 10 minutes later he comes running back and hands me my flash light and says "my dad said this is the nicest and most expensive flash light he has ever scene and i better bring it right back to you"

yes i know, cool story bro.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
cool story bro time.

so I'm at a "picnic / bon fire" event one night there is about 50-75 people there at least, a mixed group with a lot of kids. a kid about 10-12 is walking around asking people if they have a flash light. well fezman saves the day, i pull out my handy stream light stinger and i hand it to the kid, i look him right in the eye and say "you may borrow my flash light but I'm scared of the dark so i want it back as soon as you are done, remember my face."

so off he goes, i can see the light across the field, he's actually lighting up most of the place with it. about 10 minutes later he comes running back and hands me my flash light and says "my dad said this is the nicest and most expensive flash light he has ever scene and i better bring it right back to you"

cool story bro.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
cool story bro time.

I'm scared of the darks too so I always have my pistol on me.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

I think I’m missing a stinger

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
I've got several DeWalt tools and they seem to give flashlights away as a promotional gimmick about once a year. They're all I use anymore. They light pretty good. Don' they?

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I've got several DeWalt tools and they seem to give flashlights away as a promotional gimmick about once a year. They're all I use anymore. They light pretty good. Don' they?
The ones that work with the tool battery? They are ok, but not easy to carry, I actually have a few others I took that photo to send to streamlight

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
The ones that work with the tool battery? They are ok, but not easy to carry, I actually have a few others I took that photo to send to streamlight
Yep. The big, clunky, mediocre light emitting ones with the tool battery.

I prefer them to the smaller/better flashlights because they're harder to lose and they work well for blood trailing in the dark.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I upgraded my shitty plastic flashlights with LED bulbs. The bulbs were more expensive than the actual flashlight.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I upgraded my shitty plastic flashlights with LED bulbs. The bulbs were more expensive than the actual flashlight.

The LED upgrade for my stinger was a terralux and it was $45, but, when I bought my first stinger 20+ years ago the flashlights were 120$ I think you can buy one for around $60

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Been happy with a Fenix rechargeable (usb) which seems to last for months if you keep it off the super bright setting.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Been happy with a Fenix rechargeable (usb) which seems to last for months if you keep it off the super bright setting.
Now that USB has “normalized” I have two that charge that way and probably would buy more, the stingers all use proprietary chargers (at least they are all the same for the last 20 years) but the stiron (shorter red metal one) uses its own, and the two black ones use cr123
I have 3 “drop lights” and they all have proprietary chargers and it’s a pain In the ass

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine

I think I’m missing a stinger
Work gives Stingers and Poly Stingers to the Millwrights and Electricians. I bought a poly stinger. Works great, rechargeable bright as hell and if I need to I can steal batteries at work.