Flight of the Conchords--HBO

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
HBO giving a musical comedy duo their own show? Didn't they do this before?

PartyRockCoat

Listen to me, Martin.
Jan 22, 2006
A townhouse.
The first ep was pretty funny, but I am still scorned with HBO for dropping Lucky Louie. :mad4:

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
I enjoyed it just because it's something different and original. I didn't know it would be a musical though. The robo-boogie was hillarious I thought.

StickyKeyboard

Palms Need a Trimming
Dec 6, 2004
Westwood, NJ
Enjoyed their 1/2 hour comedy hour they had a year or so back. Watched the first episode of their new show, thought it was ok. Will definitely give it another shot this week.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
On a side note - The crazy chick that talks to them on the sidewalk... would you hit it for recreational purposes? Maybe if you were bored?

I'll defer answering until I hear yours.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
At the end of the episode... Binary solo was pretty damn funny.

Aug 5, 2004
wow, I thought that was the biggest piece of shit show ever to be put on tv.. I dont think I laughed once.

Thanks HBO for getting rid of Lucky Louie and putting this hunk of shit on in its place.. fucking retards

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
At the end of the episode... Binary solo was pretty damn funny.
I'm still thinking of that part 2 weeks later and laughing.

Last night's episode was not so good. But the "inner-city struggle" song will get stuck in your head.

On IMDB, they keep saying that they are part of a "Williamsburg" culture? What's this mean? (I guess New Yorkers should know.)

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
wow, I thought that was the biggest piece of shit show ever to be put on tv.. I dont think I laughed once.

Thanks HBO for getting rid of Lucky Louie and putting this hunk of shit on in its place.. fucking retards
x2

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I loved it.

"I'm not crying. I've been peeling onions. I'm...making...a lasagna."

Last night's episode was fucking hilarious. Bret working the signs and becoming this corporate ass.

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
Apr 20, 2004
Staten Island
I think the next episode is going to be even better when they brink into "Think about it.Think-think about it" I loved that song when their special aired.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY

x3

I really didnt even smile at anything. Am I missing something? Maybe I just dont get their type of humor.
I remember The Comeback didnt really make me laugh but at least that show had a great cringe factor. I didnt get any of that during this.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
"who's the Boom King?" great song I wonder how they'll do Jenny or Rhymocerous vs Hip hopopatumus?

btw anyone see Eagle vs Shark? Jemaine is on that movie.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri

Last night's episode was not so good. But the "inner-city struggle" song will get stuck in your head.

On IMDB, they keep saying that they are part of a "Williamsburg" culture? What's this mean? (I guess New Yorkers should know.)
Not from New York, but this is all I could find about it. http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Apr 27, 2006
Holy crap I cant believe people find this funny.
We are fucking doomed.

Aug 5, 2004
Holy crap I cant believe people find this funny.
We are fucking doomed.
No kidding.. I watched last weeks ep just to give it one last shot, nope.. still fucking stupid.

Did I hear Anthony mention on Wednesday's show that he liked this pile of crap?

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
I think it's funny as hell. The humor is kind of subtle so you have to look for it a bit.
Yeah it's very subtle. I can see why some people would hate it, it's not for everybody. But it's just there for entertainment, I guess you can take it or leave it.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

'cause every dick in W'burg tries to look like "Jemaine" from the show; faggoty sideburns, thick, dark glasses frames, etc.

Personally, I like the show a lot.

I'm the mother flippin'.......

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
from the main page all i saw was "flight of the" and i thought this was about flight of the navigator. that was a kick ass movie.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
I even laugh when I watch Outback commercials with Jemaine, but it will be soon when they get Tenacious D'd and make way for a HBO show with either Stephen Lynch, Henry Phillips, or Alligator Dave.