Flint won't start any more fires...

Bobobie

I thought he was talking about Flint Michigan. It needs to be on fire.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Yeah, I also ignored this thread originally thinking it had something to do with Flint, MI.

As a strapping young lad, I admittedly, went through a period of thirst for electronica-rave-techno music. Didn't last too long, but this was the mid-to-late 1990s, so alternative rock was dying and we were transitioning to that really awkward "rap-rock" phase that was just awful.

I had also just seen Trainspotting, so I was experimenting with more UK-based influences, which I always thought was trash (and alot of it is). But The Prodigy stood out because they were largely being banned and censored wherever they went. Firestarter video was banned for the dancing I think...and of course, they wouldn't play that "Smack My Bitch Up" video, which was cleverly produced. Didnt Beastie Boys also threaten to pull out of a festival because The Prodigy were there and were going to perform Smack My Bitch Up...and they were offended? Ugh.

Regardless, looks like the bloke killed himself. That sucks.

Queen_Bona

As a strapping young lad, I admittedly, went through a period of thirst for electronica-rave-techno music.
I was lucky to be a teenager when the entire techno and drugs culture hit Central Europe, and The Prodigy was a big part of that. So I will be forever grateful all the wacky adventures and all the bad tekno dancing:
Ah, 90s.
(On a side note, Molotov Bitch was background music for all my sleep paralysis nightmares for years for some reason. Each time I had a dream which turned into a sleep paralysis thingie, the moment I froze in the dream and realized I was sleeping, this fucking tune came on.)

Firestarter video was banned for the dancing I think...
Firestarter had a shot of Keith standing with a Molotov coctail in his hand. They had a problem with this video "promoting arson".

TV people censored the weirdest shit in the 90s (also, the 90s had the weirdest shit). I only recently ran into an uncensored version of "Karmakoma" and my brain exploded, because I always thought the version I knew was uncensored.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I was lucky to be a teenager when the entire techno and drugs culture hit Central Europe, and The Prodigy was a big part of that. So I will be forever grateful all the wacky adventures and all the bad tekno dancing:
Ah, 90s.
(On a side note, Molotov Bitch was background music for all my sleep paralysis nightmares for years for some reason. Each time I had a dream which turned into a sleep paralysis thingie, the moment I froze in the dream and realized I was sleeping, this fucking tune came on.)
Molotov Bitch was actually the song that made me buy Fat of the Land. I bought CD single for Firestarter and that was a B-side. Good times. I started checking them out again now that I have Spotify.

Queen_Bona said:
Firestarter had a shot of Keith standing with a Molotov coctail in his hand. They had a problem with this video "promoting arson".

TV people censored the weirdest shit in the 90s (also, the 90s had the weirdest shit). I only recently ran into an uncensored version of "Karmakoma" and my brain exploded, because I always thought the version I knew was uncensored.
I have a love-hate thing with 90s music. Some of it was great, alot of it was awful...but since I was a teenager through most of it, I've been developing more of a nostalgic appreciation for it. Also, I look at music within the last 20 years in disgust...its been really bad

Queen_Bona

I have a love-hate thing with 90s music. Some of it was great, alot of it was awful...
Recently I was watching Peaky Blinders and there was an episode which opens with "To Bring You My Love" and I lost my shit. I think 90s was the last decade when the mainstream music was any good. Right now there are a bunch of good bands, but we don't have late night MTV shows like Superock and Alternative Nations to show them to us, so if we don't find them on our own on the Interwebs, we won't ever know.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
I guess god needed... Nope.
He died doing what he lov..... nah.

Seriously, I got nuthin' for this guy. Guess I'll just go smack my bitch up.