Florentine @ DC Improv Aug 29 through Sep 2

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
There is one show each day on the 29th, 30th and 2nd at 8:00 pm and two shows on the 31st and 1st at 8:00 and 10:00.

For those going I'm thinking usual Improv routine, Mackey's or Lucky Bar for drinks beforehand and where ever afterwards if we are so inclined.

*edit* Mods can this get a sticky please?

Hoffman

Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
You guys like Florentine? or do you consider him an enemy since he is a stern guy?
Florentine is a good friend of Jimmy, therefor he is a good guy. Stop trolling the thread unless you plan on going.

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
You guys like Florentine? or do you consider him an enemy since he is a stern guy?
You have to remember that Stern is 90 years old. O&A were not around in the 1940's when Stern introduced Bob Hope to a national audience. He has forged a lot of relationships and given a lot of comics air time.

Hoffman

Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
I love florentine...im just saying.......
And we're saying that there's no need to start shit in a thread where it need not be. Go over to SFN and talk about how O&A fans are going to Florentines show.

Jun 17, 2005
Maryland
Florentine is not JUST a Howard comic. As was said earlier in the thread he is a good friend of Jimmy's as well as Vos and has called into O&A a few times in the past. He has a large fan base outside of the Stern show through Crank Yankers and all of the other stuff he has done over the years.

Bottom Line, Jim is a good guy and I will definitely be at one of these shows

Hoffman

Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Goober and myself will be attending the 8:00 Friday the 31st show. We will meet up at Mackey's or Lucky Bar before the show for some drinks and hanging out then walk on over to the Improv. Post here or PM me if you are interested in joining in on the fun.

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
I heard Jim is Dating Robin Quivers...NO BULLSHIT either....One of the Guys I work with told me that he went on a date with her. And to Quote Good Ol Otto and George "Her pussy must look like a wallet"

Can Any of you Stern Fucks back me up on that one? or is this fuckin guy at work Pullin my dick( At work of course ..Not on break)

crunkle

New Wackbag
Dec 4, 2005
right on

Florentine is hilarious. My favorite bit is when he is in a restaurant when one of those waiters comes up with the hand ground pepper and will keep grinding it until you say you have enough. Florentine proceeds to let the guy go through an entire grinder and asks for another one. The waiter goes and gets it and keeps grinding pepper out until he has a whole fucking plate of it and he ends up eating the whole thing.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Florentine is a good friend of Jimmy, therefor he is a good guy. Stop trolling the thread unless you plan on going.
Dude, unnecessary. He just asked.

Since I got all fucked up with dates and my calendar, I probably will go...

M

MikeinMcLean

Florentine on the Junkies

The Junkies here in DC on WJFK (OnA are on tape delay) are supporters of OnA, (they even commented positively on occasion prior to OnA being on the station) but they made Jim sit through a dreadfull bit that they would come in and out of during Jims segments. They sent some dummy to Union station to try to entice mo's in the restrooms. It was boring and unfunny but Jim played along. I like the Junks ok, but they need to put OnA on live and put the Junks on later in the day. It wont happen though because the PD is boys with the Junks.