For All The Fans of the Era ....

MACHINE1376

Thin out the herd...
Apr 23, 2007
Houston, TX.
nice find! I am a big fan of that era. We had to do alot of research on WW II weapons and gear for Call of Duty 3 and some of the things we found that they used would blow your mind. Way beyond the time inventions. Thanks for the post B.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ummmm. yea i think i will stick with my 300$ biker jacket 1000$ for a german fighter pilot's jacket is a tad pricy for me but cool i will say they were snappy dressers

MACHINE1376

Thin out the herd...
Apr 23, 2007
Houston, TX.
well the good thing about those designs is they will definitely last a long time. My grandmother's brother was a glider pilot in WW II and he still wears his fighter jacket.

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
My parents gave one of the A-2 jackets to me for my birfday when I was in high school back in 1992. I beat the crap out of that jacket and I still have it and it still looks pretty new. They are pricey (500.00 back in 92) but they fricken last.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
My parents gave one of the A-2 jackets to me for my birfday when I was in high school back in 1992. I beat the crap out of that jacket and I still have it and it still looks pretty new. They are pricey (500.00 back in 92) but they fricken last.
And the thing is, they were designed to be beat up. Sitting in a cockpit with parachute straps rubbing against the leather, working around the aircraft, climbing and crawling into areas of the aircraft. In those days these items were not designed to worn for ten or more years but, to survive a war.

I have my bonus check coming up. While I tend to save a good chunk of it, I'm in a debate. I want a laptop but, I'm also considering one of these jackets. Hell, if the crap hits the fan, at least I'll be warm.