For everyone who served

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I'd rather thank the people who fought for freedom and the greatest country in history. It just explains what I'm thankful for a little better than "service".

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I have three people that I want to honor on this day:

My uncle that served in WWII. He stormed the beaches of Normandy. He fought long and hard against the German war machine, freeing many people from the boot of the Nazi thugs. He came back to the United States with post traumatic stress disorder from what he had seen and never complained. He came back thankful that he survived the bloodshed. He lived out the rest of his days tending his garden and living a low profile life. He loved Animal Planet and watching anything that showed the lives of Earth's simple creatures. When he died at the VA Hospital in Omaha, his only request was that he could watch Shark Week. Seeing that the VA Hospital didn't have cable, I recorded every shark show that I could find. I fed him his last meal before he slipped away into a coma the next day. I will forever miss his gentle nature, and his love of simple things. Thank you Uncle Leo, you were a hero, a friend, and you taught me humility.

Dear dad,
You were a veteran of the Korean war. You came home and found solace in being anonymous. You worked as a lineman for the phone company, worked as a deputy sheriff and finally found your calling as a state trooper. You set an example for my brothers and I, that above all your word is truly your bond. You died suddenly, but that's what we expected from you. Never to be the one that burdened anybody in your life, a quick unexpected death was how you always wanted to go out. I will miss our long talks about the job. You made us all laugh are asses off with your stories and jokes. Thanks, dad. I miss you.

Dave,
You and I used to run the halls of high school causing all kinds of shaninigans. You were the funniest fucker that I ever knew. When you got your ticket punched in Afghanistan I wept for days. You silly fucker. I still remember you having the most ungodly raunchy burp in recorded history. Fuck you asshole, it wasn't ditch weed pulled out of a mule's ass.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Much respect ladies and gentlemen.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
From the veteran of one army to those of another: You guys rule. Thanks for all you do.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I have three people that I want to honor on this day:

My uncle that served in WWII. He stormed the beaches of Normandy. He fought long and hard against the German war machine, freeing many people from the boot of the Nazi thugs. He came back to the United States with post traumatic stress disorder from what he had seen and never complained. He came back thankful that he survived the bloodshed. He lived out the rest of his days tending his garden and living a low profile life. He loved Animal Planet and watching anything that showed the lives of Earth's simple creatures. When he died at the VA Hospital in Omaha, his only request was that he could watch Shark Week. Seeing that the VA Hospital didn't have cable, I recorded every shark show that I could find. I fed him his last meal before he slipped away into a coma the next day. I will forever miss his gentle nature, and his love of simple things. Thank you Uncle Leo, you were a hero, a friend, and you taught me humility.

Dear dad,
You were a veteran of the Korean war. You came home and found solace in being anonymous. You worked as a lineman for the phone company, worked as a deputy sheriff and finally found your calling as a state trooper. You set an example for my brothers and I, that above all your word is truly your bond. You died suddenly, but that's what we expected from you. Never to be the one that burdened anybody in your life, a quick unexpected death was how you always wanted to go out. I will miss our long talks about the job. You made us all laugh are asses off with your stories and jokes. Thanks, dad. I miss you.

Dave,
You and I used to run the halls of high school causing all kinds of shaninigans. You were the funniest fucker that I ever knew. When you got your ticket punched in Afghanistan I wept for days. You silly fucker. I still remember you having the most ungodly raunchy burp in recorded history. Fuck you asshole, it wasn't ditch weed pulled out of a mule's ass.
Just wanted to acknowledge, this brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for making me feel stuff! grrr.....

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
My Grandfather was in the Italian Navy between I & II, and was Knighted by the Italian Gov't just before his death. Grazie.
Dad was an Army MP that skirted Vietnam and got sent to Germany. Thanks for nuttin,' fucker.
I've got an old Marine sitting down the hall from me that keeps shit around here running smooth. Thanks!

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Thank you for everyone who has served and is currently serving.

For those who have lost lives defending this country, your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I want to give a special mention to my dad and uncle who fought in Vietnam.

Sep 28, 2010
Dad, my grandfathers, cousins and uncles who fought in ww2, Korea, Vietnam, and in non combat situations much respect and thanks.

My generation got pretty damn lucky. I couldn't imagine the fucking horror of the jungle, constant threat of ieds or murderous Japanese.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Thank you to all that have and continue to serve. Much respect for the sacrifice that so many have made to allow us to live in relative peace.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
thank you all that served and just a little reminder, just because you dont get injured during the battle your fight will last a life time.

my dad died of agent orange cancer after two tours in vietnam at 58 years old, it took almost 35 years for it to catch up with him.