For new radios go to www.myradiostore.com

niklbag

Hooked on chronic worked for me!!!!!
Help out ziggy, he did the right thing during the suspension so if you smashed your old radio or you just want a new one go to www.myradiostore.com

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Are there any differences at all between the Inno and the Helix?

abudabit

New Wackbag
I really hope the people who smashed their radios don't turn around and buy new ones, although I know some are planning to.

DurangoDude

ive never had XM...i sort of want to get a radio but i have no idea which one to get

possibly an inno, although ive heard the reception can be hard to get many times

Beeman99

Yeah, don't get them. I personally don't like the screen size on them or the lack of buttons on them. The SkyFi3 is much nicer, or one of the original MyFi's that have the real FM Transmitter in it.

funnybonez

Registered abUser
I think most people destroyed there old units they weren't using... I saw a lot of
destroyed old roady, ski-fi, etc.. May be 1-2 innos were destroyed.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
The Helix's have actually been discontinued...I think Samsung totally removed itself from the satrad market. Frankly, it was stupid making an almost identical receiver to Pioneer's. The Helix's also weren't any cheaper than the Inno's.

The casing is the only real difference...the Inno is definitly more scratch resistant. And I guess the firmware would also be different now...the newer Inno's have v2.03 or something like that...and the last set of Helix's might have v1.48 or even lower.

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Would have bought the Roady Boom box but got a good deal for it on Ebay. I'll keep it in mind if I swap out a unit.

The Helix's have actually been discontinued...I think Samsung totally removed itself from the satrad market. Frankly, it was stupid making an almost identical receiver to Pioneer's. The Helix's also weren't any cheaper than the Inno's.

The casing is the only real difference...the Inno is definitly more scratch resistant. And I guess the firmware would also be different now...the newer Inno's have v2.03 or something like that...and the last set of Helix's might have v1.48 or even lower.

My Helix has Firmware v. 2.11 and is virtually identical my roomate's INNO but can bet purchased for much less thes days. I bought mine just two weeks before the O&A fiasco (my typical luck) $99 on Amazon

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
well, if you can't afford a new unit, buy a used one on ebay -at least that way the $$ doesn't end in XM's pockets. So

New units: myradiostore.com
Used units: ebay

unless myradiostore.com sells used units, I have no idea. If they do, someone please correct me and support them.

DurangoDude

whats the difference between the Inno1 and Inno2, theyre both listed at separate prices

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
whats the difference between the Inno1 and Inno2, theyre both listed at separate prices
Inno1 has FM modulation built-in, Inno2 has later firmware where FM modulation was removed. They only make Inno2's now, but you can find Inno1's still.

A built-in modulator is nice...but I've heard some say there are more bugs with the Inno1 and you can't get any firmware updates.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
well, if you can't afford a new unit, buy a used one on ebay -at least that way the $$ doesn't end in XM's pockets. So

New units: myradiostore.com
Used units: ebay

unless myradiostore.com sells used units, I have no idea. If they do, someone please correct me and support them.
Yes, Ziggy sells refurbished units for great prices. I have a new Inno, but I've heard nothing but positive things from people who bought the refurb units. Ziggy's site is the best. I've ordered ALL my XM equipment from them except for when I bought my very first Airware but since everything's been from them. His prices are the best, shipping is fast, and customer service is outstanding. And no I don't work for MyRadioStore nor am I getting paid to praise them. I'm just a very happy customer of theirs.:icon_mrgr

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Yeah, don't get them. I personally don't like the screen size on them or the lack of buttons on them. The SkyFi3 is much nicer, or one of the original MyFi's that have the real FM Transmitter in it.
I thought a SkyFi3 didn't play live when portable.

With word of them screening old content and no doubt silencing Opie & Anthony on XM in the future on whatever topics they feel, purchasing a new XM radio isn't an option for me.

I will stick with K-Rock in NYC until that blows up, too. It's like this show isn't meant to last more than a few years at a clip before imploding.

A

AndrewAZ

Inno1 has FM modulation built-in, Inno2 has later firmware where FM modulation was removed. They only make Inno2's now, but you can find Inno1's still.

A built-in modulator is nice...but I've heard some say there are more bugs with the Inno1 and you can't get any firmware updates.

You got part of it right.. The Gen1 has the FM modulator built into the unit but after the FCC got butt hurt a software update disabled it unless its in a car dock. The Gen 1 gets updates just like the Gen2 I am running 2.11 on my Gen1. I say get the Gen 1 since it has the built in modulator and does not use sure connect which sucks.

Basically the only diffrence is Gen1 does not have sure connect, Gen 2 has sure connect which is getto and sucks along with being a weaker FM transmission system vs the Gen1's FM modulator cuse again the FCC got upset.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
ziggy gets all my money, i want to get a new myfi since i shot my old one

Guys thanks for your support. Starting next week, we will have some specials on a few select radios for those of you needing replacements.

FYI, Inno1 and Inno2 are identical except for the sureconnect feature. Inno1 has a more powerful FM transmitter (in the car kit only) which does not require the FCC-Mandated solution called sureconnect which is an additional cable that runs as close as possible to your car's FM antenna. I would go with Inno1 as its a "cleaner" solution and should work pretty well for most - and its cheaper. Most people don't do their homework and think that just because its a "2" rather than a "1", its automatically better. Not in this case, thanks to the FCC.

Skyfi3 has a 10 hour recording memory which allows you to record and playback portably on the unit as it has a battery built in. If you want live portable reception, get the skyfi 3 version with the special antenna headphone offer (Only $10 more), or for a more robust portable solution, get a portable kit for it in addition to the skyfi3.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
The SkyFi3 is much nicer...
Maybe, but I see battery life as an issue...

http://www.myradiostore.com/xm-radio-receivers/skyfi3-skyfi-3-sa10271.html
"Internal battery lasts 90 minutes in live mode with Antenna Headphones or up to 7 hours with the Premium Live Wearable Kit."

The best deal I've seen was the refurbished MyFi's with both car and home kits included. Went out of stock months ago at Ziggy's, but if you root around with Google you might just find one. IIrc the package retailed for around $80.

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
The Gen1 has the FM modulator built into the unit but after the FCC got butt hurt a software update disabled it unless its in a car dock...
So, did they effectively convert an inno into a Sirius unit?

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
I've never had an XM either. Since I'm stuck in Lancaster, PA where there's nothing to listen to as far as radio goes, I was thinking of getting one.

I was looking for something relativley inexpensive for my car, like a Roady XT. But I already have a windshield mounted GPS unit, and I was wondering if the car kit would work.