For the billiards snobs on Wackbag..

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I love to play pool but rarely ever have time to use my pool table. It generally only gets used during a PPV or a party we are having. I personally only play 9 ball, but if there are females in the room, we tend to play more 8.

Whats your game sbrainb?

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Whats your game sbrainb?
I've been playing 8-ball competitively in a league for about 4 years, but I am just now starting to play 9-ball competitively as well. I really like the game a lot and they say that it really improves your game in general because you're forced to concentrate so much more heavily on cue ball control and placement.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I've been playing 8-ball competitively in a league for about 4 years, but I am just now starting to play 9-ball competitively as well. I really like the game a lot and they say that it really improves your game in general because you're forced to concentrate so much more heavily on cue ball control and placement.
Thats what i really enjoy about 9 ball. Accuracy with the cue is crutial. Because i mainly play 9 ball ive been able to run the tables alot better. Plus it is great when you can cheese a 3-9 combo to win.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Thats what i really enjoy about 9 ball. Accuracy with the cue is crutial. Because i mainly play 9 ball ive been able to run the tables alot better. Plus it is great when you can cheese a 3-9 combo to win.
Yeah that's great. And I'm pretty good with combo shots. Cut shots are my favorite though.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Love pool but, hardly ever shoot anymore. I made a huge mistake when I bought my house by not figuring in space for a table...one day.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I saw Mike Massey in a couple of those pics, my absolute fucking hero on a pool table.

I thought the Derby Classic was a BCA sanctioned 9 ball tournament... WTH are they doing playing billiards? I've never heard of a big deal billiards tournament in the US, or Snooker for that matter.

For those that don't know, Billiards is actually a game on a table with no pockets with 3 balls, a red one, yellow one, and white one. I'm not 100% on the rules but I think you have to hit "your" colored ball with the cue ball, then let the cue ball go 3 rails to hit the other ball? In the US we've kind of let the word Billiards become a word describing all pool games, but it's actually it's own game.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I thought the Derby Classic was a BCA sanctioned 9 ball tournament... WTH are they doing playing billiards? I've never heard of a big deal billiards tournament in the US, or Snooker for that matter.
Maybe it was just some side shit that was going on that wasn't actually part of the tournament. Exhibition matches perhaps?

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
By the way that shot of the guy shooting with the motorcycle helmet is pretty cool.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Maybe it was just some side shit that was going on that wasn't actually part of the tournament. Exhibition matches perhaps?
That's pretty crazy they would move a room full of 12 foot billiards tables anywhere for an exhibition, heh.

That's really why Snooker and Billiards aren't played much in the US, the tables are fucking immense compared to bar boxes and 8 footers. Literally 12 feet long

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
My grandfather used to play Snooker at the NYAC like back in the 50's and 60's. He was pretty good too -- one of the top players. My mom tells me that that's probably why I'm so into pool now -- like it's genetic or something.

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
pretty cool, liked the vid... but... ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING "say the line" (repeat)(repeat)(repeat) things... holy shit....

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
well, Last month I got a Olhausen Sahara 8" table. Found a woman who was about to be divorced, pissed, and about to move into a smaller home....so she wanted to get rid of it. I almost gave her more than she asked for (almost) but I know there is a angry, angry man out there..

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Oh I thought you meant for the Real Billiards Snobs...

Real men play snooker.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas

Real men play snooker.
QFMFT

Before major events my team and I used to always go to the only bar in Dallas that had a 12 foot Snooker table to practice. We would play non-stop, winner stays, loser walks and does 20 push ups for losing.

We ALWAYS kicked serious ass in the tournaments after those nights. If we had been really serious about doing it more often, we might not have sucked over-all, heh.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
well, Last month I got a Olhausen Sahara 8" table. Found a woman who was about to be divorced, pissed, and about to move into a smaller home....so she wanted to get rid of it. I almost gave her more than she asked for (almost) but I know there is a angry, angry man out there..
Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if my ex sold off my 8 inch table too! :action-sm

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Bit off topic, but how much room do you need for a pool table? Total length and width of free space to have enough space to make shots.

I'd love to put one in the basement one day.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City

Real men play snooker.
Hey man, I WISH I could play snooker, but there are like NO snooker tables in New York City except for the NYAC (of which I am not a member) and this one place downtown I think. Then perhaps one ass deep in Brooklyn.