For the over 30 crowd- Old Seseme Street on DVD

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
PBS has released old episodes of Sesame Street on DVD. You might be asking, "Why the fuck would I want to watch that?" Because if you were born in the late 60's, early 70's and were put in front of the TV watching this, you have no idea how much of this show is embedded in your mind.

I had not seen the opening credits in over 20 years, but I instantly remembered the kids in them when I watched it last night. There are bits on that show that just throw your mind back in time.

Do yourself a favor. Get a bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, put this DVD in, and go back to when life hadn't started kicking you in the head yet. Go back to when Seseme Street was about teaching you letters and numbers and not about selling your kid a toy. The best part is going back to when Elmo didn't exist and Mr. Hooper was still alive. Only watch one episode though, anymore than that and it gets on your nerves fast.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I got this for Christmas. My husband thinks I'm insane but he was too old for Sesame Street when it first came on :)