For those who care (street fighter IV!!!)

Sorry bro, third strike sucked ass. The controls were dead on, which is important, but the characters were uberlame.

I hope with SF4 Capcom can come up with some unique story lines and characters.

They havent been the same in terms of fighter creativity since they lost so much of their staff to, the now dead, SNK.

I'll wait till i see more before I make judgement on this one.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
How many versions of this will they make?:icon_roll

A

AkumaHokoru

Sorry bro, third strike sucked ass. The controls were dead on, which is important, but the characters were uberlame.

I hope with SF4 Capcom can come up with some unique story lines and characters.

They havent been the same in terms of fighter creativity since they lost so much of their staff to, the now dead, SNK.

I'll wait till i see more before I make judgement on this one.
few errors

1. Fighting games arent about the story or character design (tho appreciated) its about the fighting and third strike has the best system out of all the street fighter games

if you think thrid strike sucks you might be an alpha 3 fan which would explain such a comment.

2. Snk isnt dead they came back in 2002

but as for SF4 I am on the Wait and See boat.

few errors

1. Fighting games arent about the story or character design (tho appreciated) its about the fighting and third strike has the best system out of all the street fighter games

if you think thrid strike sucks you might be an alpha 3 fan which would explain such a comment.

2. Snk isnt dead they came back in 2002

but as for SF4 I am on the Wait and See boat.

1) Alpha 3 was WAY better than SF3 in my opinion. I still subscribe to the thought that SF3 was nothing more than a generic game with typical capcom
control.
A matter of opinion, I guess.

2) SNK is now SNKPlaymore. Not the same company which made the origional NEO GEO. Their game's quality has changed since the likes of Samurai Shodown 2.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
I just want to know who's directing it.
That'll tell me all I need to know about it.

This game is so far from ever seeing the light of day, holy shit.

Capcom has a new 2d fighter coming out though, soon enough. Hopefully that will tide me over for 2-3 years til sf4 arrives.

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
ok, so ken and ryu are in it?

how does it look?

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
there actually going past street fighter 3! its been the same damn game over and over again.

Carl Spackler

You want me to kill all the Golfers?
Oct 29, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
Trailer looked cool even though it didn't show any actual game play. I think this game is still in real early development so its unknown if this is going to be a console thing or an arcade thing. Used to love SFII even though Tekken3 was my favorite.

Carl Spackler

You want me to kill all the Golfers?
Oct 29, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
Not Street Fighter 4 but here is a screenshot of Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD coming out for download on Xbox Live Arcade in 2008. High Def Street Fighter is def cool. Would be even cooler if I could get my hands on a Street Fighter control board for X-box 360.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
The alpha series was hands down the best. 3, specifically for me anyway, was the best fighter game ever made. it was fast, the controls were quick and the supers ruled the earth.

I thought third strike was absolute trash. the controls were laggy and slow. you had to figure out the timing of everything, instead of them being responsive.

anyway, looking forward to this one to see if they redeem the series.
they ruined it with third strike. so here's to hoping that they come with the goodness.

Johnny Utah

Quarterback from Ohio State
Oct 6, 2004
Philly
The alpha series was hands down the best. 3, specifically for me anyway, was the best fighter game ever made. it was fast, the controls were quick and the supers ruled the earth.

I thought third strike was absolute trash. the controls were laggy and slow. you had to figure out the timing of everything, instead of them being responsive.

anyway, looking forward to this one to see if they redeem the series.
they ruined it with third strike. so here's to hoping that they come with the goodness.

I will never understand the people that hate 3rd strike...I still play it a few times a week (I finally got parrying most attacks down). It's in my opinion the best fighting game ever made..a lofty thing to say, but I stand by it.

SF4 is looking pretty good, they have time to polish out some of the awkwardness in those videos. I'm sad it's not 2d but hey, I guess capcom doesnt have many 2d animators on staff anymore..time to move on I guess.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
to bad all the arcades around here closed down. the nearest one is Dave and Busters, and i dont feel like paying a cover charge and 3.50 just for one play.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
to bad all the arcades around here closed down. the nearest one is Dave and Busters, and i dont feel like paying a cover charge and 3.50 just for one play.
not sure how far you are from paramus but there is a place called sportsworld that I think is still open.

Pretty good arcade. the only downside it is usally FULL of fucking little kids

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
not sure how far you are from paramus but there is a place called sportsworld that I think is still open.

Pretty good arcade. the only downside it is usally FULL of fucking little kids
sports world closed down years ago

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Am I the only one let down by the graphic? I know it's stylistic, but I think they should have taken it further. Made it darker like the teaser trailer (back when I was excited).

I do understand how much detail is going on in the shading and part cell shading, but I just expected something even cooler after all these years.

Doesn't look like SF4, looks like a SF2 remake.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
It'll be on PS3 and 360. I'm excited for SFIV, but also looking forward to the next Tekken (PS3 exclusive) and the new King of Fighters...think it's KoF XIII or something crazy.

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
STREET FIGHTER EX3 WAS THE SHIT!!! ...but first...

my friends and i used to save our lunch money to go to the arcade on the weekend and play all the incarnations of SF2. CE had us gushing to play as the bosses. the one with the new charcters (cammie, deejay, fei long and somebody else. turbo maybe?) was ok too. i also remeber getting away from arcade versions around the time the installment came out that had the first appearance of akuma.

i got a ps2 when it launched and most of the launch games stunk, but i found SF EX3, which i played nonstop. sadly though, it was lost between me moving, hurricane katrina, and moving again. i have yet to find another copy at any of the new/used game stores