Former All-star arrested after bat assault - in-game

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
sick story...but this photo is awesome. but we still need video.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spducks0815,0,2632666.story

BRIDGEPORT - Long Island Ducks shortstop Jose Offerman charged the mound wielding a bat Tuesday night after being hit by a pitch, according to the Connecticut Post.

Bridgeport Bluefish starting pitcher Matt Beech hit Offerman in the second inning and a brawl ensued that resulted in Offerman's arrest. He was being held on $10,000 bond on a second-degree assault charge.

Offerman hit a home run in the first inning and was hit by a 0-1 fastball in the calf. Offerman's attack left Beech with a broken middle finger on his non-throwing right hand. Also injured was catcher John Nathans, who suffered from symptoms related to a concussion.

Offerman played for the Bluefish in 2003, appearing in 98 games. He also was voted an All-Star during his MLB tenure.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Holy shit Jose. They hit you in the fucking calf. It is not like you got stuck in the eye.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Isn't Jose like 45? Ha ha. What a pussy.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Makes me wonder why this doesn't happen more often.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
I'm surprised Offerman hasn't had at least a minor league stint with another MLB team since the Mets cut him at the end of '05.

He's a scrub backup, but he was better than Kaz Matsui at 2B, and at least he hit .250 at the time.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
roid rage is tough to control, just ask chris benoit

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
I'm surprised Offerman hasn't had at least a minor league stint with another MLB team since the Mets cut him at the end of '05.

He's a scrub backup, but he was better than Kaz Matsui at 2B, and at least he hit .250 at the time.
I think that's where you get into economics. Vets get a bigger minimum, of course and Offerman's is probably ridiculous, considering his 15 seasons of experience. A rookie or young scrub could be much more economical.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
I hope they throw his ass out of baseball, all of it. Taking a bat to the mound is crazy.

RobeSoup&Tears

Get 'em while they're hot
Aug 16, 2005
Riverdale, New York
I personally like what Ken Griffey Jr. did once when he got thrown at.

Next time up to bat he flung the bat at the pitcher acting as if he lost control during the swing.

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.
Aug 5, 2004
Long Island ,NY
I watch many Ducks games myself. Jose was trying to get back into the Minors AAA with Fonzie as well. Both are doing ok for the Ducks nothing specatular, I got his autograph a few times during warm ups...He came across semi-stuck up but not as much as Juan Gonzalas was last year.

Also Bridgeport and Long Island are vying for the playoff spot to go against Newark. Many times I have seen players being hit by both sides. Most not on purpose. BUT Jose should and has been banned from the league. Only wish it was at Home so I could have seen it....