"former World Champion Coming To Tna"

Steam

May 18, 2003
I'm assuming its RVD but I would guess they will try to hint that its Jericho.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Well last time they were talking about a 'major star', it turned out to be Ricky Banderas from WSX (he's going to be Mitchell's new monster).

Only new guy I've heard about possibly coming to TNA is Matt Morgan, but he never held any WWE gold.

As far as I'm concerned, the stuff they do with Borash on TNA is exactly like the stuff they did in ECW with the hotline. They made up a bunch of crap to get you to call in and spend some money listening. TNA is making up a bunch of crap to get you to subscribe to their mobile service.

MinnesotaMolMan

Jul 28, 2005
I thought they said "was returning to TNA" so I assumed it was Sabu since he was a World Champ in ECdub and it's pretty much a lock that he's coming back to the company......which is a good thing.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
My bet is Sabu, as he and the guy they are bringing in to face Abyss could have an interested tag feud with Abyss and Sting, and there's already a history with Sabu and Abyss.

RVD aint happening anytime soon.

Jericho would be nuts to go there now, as he could name his price to go to WWE right now, with the situation they are in.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
thats my theory-and TNA is smart to try and build him up as a big star...

commish13

May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
They may be bringing back Sabu, but Ricky Banderas is the guy they're bringing in to fight Abyss.

MinnesotaMolMan

Jul 28, 2005
Sabu and Abyss' Barbed Wire Massacare is one of the best hardcore matches I've seen.

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
Ever seen the Sabu vs. Terry Funk Barbed Wire match for the ECW World Title? So much better.

One of my all time favorite matches. Thats the best, if not the best, barbed wire matches I have ever seen.

MinnesotaMolMan

Jul 28, 2005
Ever seen the Sabu vs. Terry Funk Barbed Wire match for the ECW World Title? So much better.
Actually that was the first barb wire match I saw, got it on DVD...fucking brutal. I knew I was going to get killed for mentioning the Abyss/Sabu match so I even added "I've seen" not to presume I'm an authority on the subject. So sorry to offend Commish and Ben's Bulge.

commish13

May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
It's just that in TNA alone Abyss has had a million better hardcore style matches than the Barbed Wire match. It was pretty lackluster overall.

Ben's Bulge

Dec 9, 2004
Maybe the actual IWGP Heavyweight Champion Yuji Nagata is coming to get the belt Brock Lesnar stole from New Japan after being stripped of the title.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
If it's "Former WSX World Champion Ricky Banderas", it's worse than almost any "call Mean Gene on the 900 line" spot from the Monday Night Wars.

If you're going to make a tease like that, you better make it worthwhile.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Banderas vs Abyss will be nothing but a blood fest for a couple months because that is all Banderas knows how to do in matches and it seems Abyss is the only one on the TNA roster willing to do much hardcore.