Four people shot outside church

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Four people shot outside church

A gunman opened fire in the parking lot of a Colorado Springs church on Sunday, striking four people, the church's pastor said. It was not immediately known whether the shootings were related to an earlier shooting about 70 miles away. New Life was founded by the Rev. Ted Haggard, who was fired last year after a former male prostitute alleged he had a relationship with him.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/09/colorado.shooting/index.html
Apparently they wouldn't let the shooter crash for the night.

Guess this will tech 'em. :icon_conf

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The Bride will get her revenge.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
It would be nice if people would get their stories straight.

Colorado Springs Shooting
http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=82473

12 hrs earlier shooting in Arvada
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=82457

Police are still not sure if it was the same shooter, and there is some mixed information getting out that there was more than one shooter at both locations. The shooter in the Springs was killed by a security guard brought in just that morning. It appears that officials at Faith Chapel sent out word to churches around the state in the early hours following the shooting there, hence New Life brought in security as a precaution.

As I type this, I am also listening to the news, and the fucking anti-gun crowd already has their panties in wad.

SlimeyGoatFuckr

Dec 29, 2005
Denver
apparently he needed some missionaries as well

:rolleyes:
And a gunman since one of the shooters is deceased.

Police in the Arvada shooting say it is entirely possible the two shootings are related and the police in the Springs say they aren't related but aren't rulling that out yet.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
God just wanted a few more angels from one of his best churches. That's why this all happened. Or, that God is wanting to punish America for accepting homosexuality...

:action-sm

In the end, it was God's will to have these people die at the time they did. That's what they say, right? God has your life planned out for you.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
So they officially tied the shootings together:

Metro News Source:
>>Police Believe Same Man Responsible For Colorado Shootings

(Colorado Springs, CO) -- Colorado officials believe one man is responsible for two separate shootings in that state. Police say 24-year-old Matthew Murray was behind the deadly attack at a Colorado Springs megachurch and a separate incident at a missionary center in Arvada [[ ar-VAD-uh ]]. Authorities say Murray had hundreds of rounds of ammunition when he was killed in Colorado Springs. A total of five people were killed in both shootings, including the shooter. Murray was shot to death by a security guard.
The security guard who saved the day was a chick.

Metro News Source:
>>Church Guard Credits God For Overcoming Colorado Gunman

(Colorado Springs, CO) -- "It was me, the gunman and God." That's how Jeanne Assam [[ ah-SAHM ]] described her confrontation with a lone gunman roaming a Colorado Springs church yesterday. Assam, who attended the New Life Church as both a worshipper and a security guard, gave a matter-of-fact account of how she downed the 24-year-old suspect. She said she spotted him, took cover until he got close, confronted him and shot him. Assam credited God for her accomplishment, saying that the gunman had far more firepower than she did.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
This is why I'll never understand why some states make CCW in churches illegal.
Gun Free zones are absolutely ridiculous. It's useless shit. Those signs don't keep cirminals from attacking unarmed people. If they want to murder people they aren't going to be worrying about weapons charges in a "Gun Free" zone.

Thats why we have school shootings and all of the other "Gun Free" places.