fox news viewers are dumb ass sacks of shit

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-less-informed-people-fairleigh-dickinson_n_1106305.html

Fox News viewers are less informed than people who don't watch any news, according to a new poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll surveyed New Jersey residents about the uprisings in Egypt and the Middle East, and where they get their news sources. The study, which controlled for demographic factors like education and partisanship, found that "people who watch Fox News are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government" and "6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government" compared to those who watch no news.

Overall, 53% of all respondents knew that Egyptians successfully overthrew Hosni Mubarak and 48% knew that Syrians have yet to overthrow their government.

Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson, explained in a statement, "Because of the controls for partisanship, we know these results are not just driven by Republicans or other groups being more likely to watch Fox News. Rather, the results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don’t watch any news at all."

This isn't the first study that has found that Fox News viewers more misinformed in comparison to others. Last year, a study from the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were more likely to believe false information about politics.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
A) Anyone who thinks the Huffington Post would have an unbiased article regarding Fox News is dumber that most TV viewers in general.

B) The article title should read "Unscientific poll conducted by a university no one has ever heard of and published by a biased source found that New Jersey residents who watch Fox News and are likely to have the time to respond to polls are less informed about a single issue that has nothing to do with their current well-being or the future outlook of their and their children's futures"

A little short for a title but we can work on that.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Hell 95% of the population can't find Egypt or Syria on a map

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
[video=youtube;XVn32Nd0KKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVn32Nd0KKI[/video]

Aug 11, 2005
Shit, how dumb are msnbc watchers?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
This study is spot on. Not many people know this, but before getting into watching FoxNews, Beerbelly for instance was a Quantum Physics professor at Colombia University.

Stop turning your audience into incoherent babbling drunkards, FoxNews. :)

Aug 11, 2005
This study is spot on. Not many people know this, but before getting into watching FoxNews, Beerbelly for instance was a Quantum Physics professor at Colombia University.

Stop turning your audience into incoherent babbling drunkards, FoxNews. :)
I'm offended that you would besmirch my fine name in the same breath of that shitty school

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I'm offended that you would besmirch my fine name in the same breath mentioning that shitty school
I see I actually spelled it with an o. That shouldn't result in any helpful corrections from anyone, I'm sure.

JoeFromS.Jersey

Apr 25, 2005
South Jersey
I don't watch Fox or really any other news on TV at all, so perhaps I'm not the best to comment on this. However, I do regularly read the fox news website among others and they had just as much coverage of Egypt on there as anyone else did. So, I find it very hard to believe that people who watch fox were unaware of what is/was going on over there. This just seems like typical liberal drivel. It was probably a very poorly worded question and/or a TERRIBLE study sample.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I don't watch Fox or really any other news on TV at all, so perhaps I'm not the best to comment on this. However, I do regularly read the fox news website among others and they had just as much coverage of Egypt on there as anyone else did. So, I find it very hard to believe that people who watch fox were unaware of what is/was going on over there. This just seems like typical liberal drivel. It was probably a very poorly worded question and/or a TERRIBLE study sample.
I wonder if the question was "What country did the great Obama rip from the jaws of tyranny and restore to everlasting peace and harmony last spring?".

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I think this was a telephone survey, so the real results should be "People that answer their phones to telephone surveyors are less informed than people who have better things to do".

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Wasn't there a story exactly like this several months ago? I just find it pathetic that people actually believe this crap.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
That's ridiculous. When Seal Team Six went into Egypt and killed Gaddafi, it was all over the news. I can't believe people wouldn't remember that.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
This is why I get my news from TMZ and The Onion. When I want breaking news, I come here to the "Current Events" thread.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
That's ridiculous. When Seal Team Six went into Egypt and killed Gaddafi, it was all over the news. I can't believe people wouldn't remember that.
first let me admit that i dont read posts all the way through then let me go to amazon and pull up the first 1 star review....ahh here we are....now let me use the statements of one ap reporter and the highly political statements coming from the government to disqualify an entire book.a book that can be collaborated by: Peacekeepers at War: Beirut 1983— - The Marine Commander Tells His Story by Col. Timothy J. Geraghty in regards beirut,Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit by Eric Haney in regards Operation Eagle Claw,Lawrence Wright’s magnum opus, The Looming Tower,The Bin Ladens by Steve Coll, Holy War, Inc. by Peter Bergen, Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed by Richard Miniter, Osama: The Making of a Terrorist by Jonathan Randal, Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared
War on America by Yossef Bodansky, and Inside Al Qaeda Global Network of Terror by Rohan Gunaratna,the wikileaks documents in regards to wmd in iraq...make a poor attempt to be snide to cover my blatant anti intellectual attitude and my general ignorance on the matter and wala...

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This isn't the first study that has found that Fox News viewers more misinformed in comparison to others. Last year, a study from the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were more likely to believe false information about politics.
Yeah, that study wasn't run using completely subjective criteria. The fact that the author of this article views that study as legitimate and insightful shows what a retarded asshole said author is.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Two comments.

I love how fairleigh dickinson did a poll of just NJ residents. Shouldnt Huffpo have stated - NJ fox news viewers in the headline.

And I wonder if a college has doen a same poll on Huffpo. How well do their readers score?

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Oh and I love this one. Fairleigh dickinson's nickname when I was in high school was fairleigh ridiculous. And HuffPo uses them to regurgitate an old story. Nope. No agenda by them. lol

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
This "study" fails because people from Jersey are pretty much all retards.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas