Fox News Website Calls Obama’s Birthday Party A ‘Hip-Hop BBQ’

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer

Chigga, LeBorn Agin, Obama, and Shirtski at party. (Photo courtesy Bill Macnogagin WSHT.Net)

Fox News Website Calls Obama’s Birthday Party A ‘Hip-Hop BBQ’
By Dylan Stableford

Senior Media Reporter

(Fox Nation)

Fox News' criticism of the Obama administration is becoming more than a Common problem.
The rapper Common, you may recall, drew heated commentary from the cable network for his invitation to take part in a White House poetry night. And Eric Bolling, a host on the Fox Business network, faced allegations of racism in May after referring to the White House as the "Hizzouse," "Hizzy" and "The Big Crib," and guests of the administration as "hoods" on the air.
On Thursday, a Fox News opinion website called Fox Nation aggregated a "Playbook" column by Politico's Mike Allen about President Barack Obama's 50th birthday bash, changing Allen's typically long headline with this:
'Obama's Hip-Hop BBQ Didn't Create Jobs'
The private party included dinner ("BBQ chicken, ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta, salad") in the Rose Garden was attended by Obama's staff and celebrities including Al Sharpton, Jay-Z, Chris Rock, Charles Barkley, Steve Harvey, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. There were performances by Stevie Wonder, R&B singer Ledisi, jazz legend Herbie Hancock. A DJ "played Motown, hip-hop, and '70s and '80s R&B."
"The president asked everyone to dance -- and they did!"

The headline, not surprisingly, immediately sparked renewed charges of racism against the network. But Fox is standing by it.

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/fox-news-website-calls-obama-birthday-party-hip-214154301.html

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Why is a wartime President throwing a party?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Why is a wartime President throwing a party?
It's all good...Obama made sure Tom Hanks arrived in character as Captain John H. Miller from Saving Private Ryan...just so he could say that important military heroes were invited.

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
So it was a BBQ and there were quite a few hip hop artists and other fans of hip hop music and culture there... why the outrage?

And why is it racist to say the things Bolling said? That is the language of hip hop culture, whites included.

Speaking of racists, Al Sharpton being there should be all anyone needs to hear...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
So it was a BBQ and there were quite a few hip hop artists and other fans of hip hop music and culture there... why the outrage?
Because nothing deflects better than the race card.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

And why is it racist to say the things Bolling said? That is the language of hip hop culture, whites included.

Speaking of racists, Al Sharpton being there should be all anyone needs to hear...
I don't see it as racist, but don't act like you don't know why they did it. It riles up all their white readers who don't like that the prez is hanging out with rappers because they think they're all a bunch of thugs and criminals (which they are).

The rappers didn't play live music at the event, why not call it a Motown BBQ since Stevie and other R&B people did? Answer: Because it's cool for middle-aged white people to like Motown.

And throwing in the jobs thing? I'm sure there were a couple of cooks and other staff that got a paycheck from it. And it's irrelevant to a birthday party anyway.

I wonder if Billy Graham or some other religious leader attended one of Bush's birthday parties? So you'd be fine if MSNBC ran with the headline "Bush's Christian BBQ Doesn't Stop Insurgents in Iraq?"

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I wonder if Billy Graham or some other religious leader attended one of Bush's birthday parties? So you'd be fine if MSNBC ran with the headline "Bush's Christian BBQ Doesn't Stop Insurgents in Iraq?"
Honestly, no one on the right would give a fuck. Yeah, there might be some who'll complain about how MSNBC stretched to tie the war in Iraq into it...they won't, however, resort to unnecessary charges of racism. Getting all worked up over the word, "hip-hop". Real classy lefties.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Oh the things this dork does to try and make himself feel cool

If it weren't for the single fact that he is just so articulate for a you know, he'd be a LARPer

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
******* gonna nig, yo.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Who's crying racism? A handful of "commentors" on Kos and Media Matters? Because I don't see it on CNN or even MSNBC.
The last line of the article mentioned racism. I'd assume the usual suspects you mentioned would be among that number.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk