FPS Russia youtube guy's manager executed

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Manager of FPSRussia Found Dead in Georgia

by Outdoor Hub Reporters on January 8, 2013
submitted by: Daniel Xu

FPSRussia’s Kyle Myers shooting a DRD Paratus-18
The manager and weapons provider for the popular YouTube channel FPSRussia, Keith Ratliff, was discovered dead early Thursday evening in Carnesville, Georgia. Details are sketchy, but according to WLHR Radio, authorities have confirmed that he died as a result of a single gunshot wound to the head, and that Ratliff had been deceased for some time before his body was found. A number of firearms were also discovered at the location.
“We received a call about a possible DOA,” said Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas. “Upon the deputies’ arrival, they found a white male who was unconscious and not breathing. EMS personnel came and determined the man was deceased.”
Additional confirmation came from FPSRussia producer Kitty Wandel through her Twitter account:
Keith Ratliff was indeed our weapons guy and sadly was found having passed away on Thursday. The police are still investigating. I do ask… for some privacy at this time as I am sure you can imagine it has shocked and saddened us all at @TheFPShow and right now our… main concern is his family. Thanks for understanding. We will give more details as we can. Thank you.​
Wandel elaborated further in a later statement:
As it seems to be leaking out I will confirm to save more messages and questions coming to me. As I am sure most of you know Keith Ratliff has been with the FPSRussia channel for quite some time now, helping us out with everything from pulling pranks to finding almost impossible weapons to use in videos. It saddens me to confirm that he was indeed found having passed away here in Georgia on Thursday. I do ask for some privacy right now as you can imagine it has shocked us all and our main thoughts and concerns lay with his family right now. Thank you for understanding.​
FPSRussia was created by Kyle Lamar Myers, who portrays a gun-loving Russian character named Dmitri Potapoff. Myers showcases and demonstrates a wide variety of guns in his episodic videos, often using objects such as pop bottles or cars as makeshift targets. FPSRussia is among the most popular YouTube channels, with over 500 million video views and 3 million subscribers.
Sheriff Thomas said the police are treating the case as a homicide and that the body has been taken to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab in Atlanta for autopsy.
Ratcliff’s death marks the second passing of a high profile figure in the gun community last week. John Noveske, founder of premium AR-15 rifle, parts, and accessories manufacturer Noveske Rifleworks, was killed in a car crash on Friday. A memorial fund has been set up and those interested in donating can find details on Noveske’s Facebook page.
Image screenshot of video by FPSRussia on youtube
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/manager-of-fpsrussia-found-dead-in-georgia/

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
But why bother with a character for a video series of shooting crazy guns?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
But a Georgia hayseed shooting an old pickup with an anti aircraft gun would be just as good.

Hey, it works for him, so god bless. I just hope he's not involved with this, or we'll be seeing his face all over the MSM.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
But a Georgia hayseed shooting an old pickup with an anti aircraft gun would be just as good.

Hey, it works for him, so god bless. I just hope he's not involved with this, or we'll be seeing his face all over the MSM.
I vote gun accident and someone panicked and left the scene.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Ratcliff’s death marks the second passing of a high profile figure in the gun community last week. John Noveske, founder of premium AR-15 rifle, parts, and accessories manufacturer Noveske Rifleworks, was killed in a car crash on Friday. A memorial fund has been set up and those interested in donating can find details on Noveske’s Facebook page.

HMMMM

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005

HMMMM

Stoppit....

There's enough horse-shit conspiracy nonsense being flung about on firearm boards as it is. Don't start it here.

Never got a chance to meet John, but I know a couple people that did - one of whom was a fairly close friend of his. He will definitely be missed in the community.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Settle Down , Francis

And Don't tell me what to do

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
He used to be a gamer, gamers love Russian accents.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
“Upon the deputies’ arrival, they found a white male who was unconscious and not breathing. EMS personnel came and determined the man was deceased.”
The bullet wound in his forehead didn't give that away?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The bullet wound in his forehead didn't give that away?

That is what detectives are for, they're usually pretty good at figuring out criminal activity. Beat cops didn't score that well and are not trained to detect.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro

Iraqveteran8888 is good for that sort of thing.

Well, a Kia with rifles and shotguns anyway.