Francis Ford Coppola pleas for return of computer after theft

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
BBC original article

Film director Francis Ford Coppola has appealed for the return of his computer backup device following a robbery at his house in Argentina on Wednesday.

He told Argentine broadcaster Todo Noticias he had lost 15 years' worth of data, including writing and photographs of his family.

A script for his latest film Tetro was on one of the computers taken, along with camera equipment.

story continued under spoiler tags...

But his publicist said copies of the script were saved elsewhere.

"They stole our computers; they got all our data, many years of work, said Coppola, 68.

He said the backup that rested on the floor in the Zoetrope Argentina studio, based in his home, was just "a little thing but the information is (worth) much time".

"If I could get the backup back, it would save me years [of] all the photographs of my family, all my writing," he added.

The five-time Oscar-winner, who is also a producer and writer famed for films including the Godfather trilogy, has been living in Argentina for several months.

He said the robbery would not prompt him to leave Argentina, where he plans to shoot a feature film.

"Argentine people are very nice," he said.

But he said he was thinking of moving his studio from the fashionable Palermo neighbourhood to a Buenos Aires district where he felt safer.

While in Argentina he had been learning Spanish and working on his next film.

Tetro, which will star Matt Dillon, is about the rivalries over the generations in an artistic Italian immigrant family to Buenos Aires.

Filming is due to start next February.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
fuck em in the ear. thats for lowballing robert duvall when they were making godfather 3. i wanted to see tom hagen...not fucking george hamilton. what a cunt u r mr. coppola.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The movie angle makes it seem like he never got anything completed and is using this for an excuse.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Plus he loses all those photos he got from Roman Polanski.
:clap:
on the next "To catch a predator"...

:)

----

i cant believe the HDD accidently fell into a burning thermite pit, when the robber dropped it!

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
This fancy gentleman was too cheap to back up his data on DVD's or an external HD??
umm...
article... said:
"They stole our computers; they got all our data, many years of work, said Coppola, 68.

He said the backup that rested on the floor in the Zoetrope Argentina studio, based in his home, was just "a little thing but the information is (worth) much time".

"If I could get the backup back, it would save me years [of] all the photographs of my family, all my writing," he added.
sounds like he had backup... just not secured or duplicate.

sounds like he had backup... just not secured or duplicate.
Well, that's what I get for not reading the article, huh?

In any case, I don't have anything of worth on my computers that isn't backed up and stored in a different location... Just in case someone comes along to steal my stuff or my house burns down. In my case, I keep my back up discs at my parents' house. I'd think a guy who's silly enough to keep his life's work on a single computer would take the time and effort to do something similar, especially if you're a writer and the data in question is your WRITING.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Well, that's what I get for not reading the article, huh?(yes, that's exactly what you get :) )

In any case, I don't have anything of worth on my computers that isn't backed up and stored in a different location... Just in case someone comes along to steal my stuff or my house burns down. In my case, I keep my back up discs at my parents' house. I'd think a guy who's silly enough to keep his life's work on a single computer would take the time and effort to do something similar, especially if you're a writer and the data in question is your WRITING.
I couldn't imagine a fancy man like that wouldn't do at the least an on-line backup, if not complete duplicate in a secure location... for his ENTIRE LIFES WORK, so i agree with your thought completely of a lil time and a lil effort.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
He should have used Carbonite.