Frank Caliendo's Frank TV

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
It's on TBS, i've been seeing commercials all the time because baseball is on TBS.

he does these impressions.....you'd swear it's the real person :arrrh:

so far i've seen his GWB, John Madden, and Jack Nicholson. He does football picks each week for the Fox pregame show so i've had the pleasure of watching frank caliendo as jack nicholson predicting the outcome of football games.

anyone going to watch it? is frank caliendo funny? i've never heard anything that he's done just these commercials and i kind of want to crack him in the shins with a metal object.

thought he was or is a friend of the show, i'm not sure, doesn't seem like the type of comic that would fit in with the boys.....

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
thought he was or is a friend of the show, i'm not sure, doesn't seem like the type of comic that would fit in with the boys.....
Because Brian "Squeaky Clean" Regan seems like someone who would fit in perfectly?

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Because Brian "Squeaky Clean" Regan seems like someone who would fit in perfectly?
you don't have to be a dirty comic to fit in, but a guy who seemingly only does impressions doens't seem like he'd fit on the show

you don't have to get defensive, it's just my opinion:icon_redf

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
you don't have to be a dirty comic to fit in, but a guy who seemingly only does impressions doens't seem like he'd fit on the show

you don't have to get defensive, it's just my opinion:icon_redf
Well if ya don't like... what ya hear.... get the funk out!:action-sm

(linger loonger!)

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Wait Frank has a show on TBS? Wow. Thats wild. I had no idea.

Fuck him and fuck this show. I hope its canceled before it even airs. His bush jokes are not funny, the madden thing is old and tired and his pacino is dog shit.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
The Seinfeld bit he did on the WNEW show had me crying though.

"Newman you ruined my life! You ruin everything! IN FACT You're the guy who dropped that thing and ruined Jurassic Park!!!!"

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I think if he has writers to give him some new material he will be fine. I saw him in Vegas and thought he was good but only goes as far as three or four impressions.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
The Seinfeld bit he did on the WNEW show had me crying though.

"Newman you ruined my life! You ruin everything! IN FACT You're the guy who dropped that thing and ruined Jurassic Park!!!!"
The first few times he was on with the boys was great, but the impressions get tired after awhile if he doesn't update the material. I would think about watching the show, but since I've seen the commercials so God damn much during the playoffs I'm kind of sick of it already & it hasn't even aired.

One of the funniest bits with Frank during the NEW days was when he was going through his impressions, but segueing(sp) between each with the Justice League announcer voice. "Meanwhile back at the..."

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
I like him. Works very hard at what he does and he is excellent ay it.

Alot of short memories here. People would go birdshit, including the show back in the day when there was even a chance he would be coming on.

BTW, excellent thread.

I like this krisko. Hope she stays around a long time.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Fuck him and fuck this show. I hope its canceled before it even airs. His bush jokes are not funny, the madden thing is old and tired and his pacino is dog shit.
Thank You. His Pacino is embarassing. His Dinero stinks too. Just talking in a low mumbling voice doesn't mean you should call it Dinero. The Pacino I could seriously do, where do I sign up.

I can't imagine it being a success, it's on TBS. Even I will forget about it, and I've probably seen 50 promos literally. Nobody tunes to TBS for good watchin.

x2:yawn::love:she's a Republican, too
Ewwww

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Thank You. His Pacino is embarassing. His Dinero stinks too. Just talking in a low mumbling voice doesn't mean you should call it Dinero. The Pacino I could seriously do, where do I sign up.

I can't imagine it being a success, it's on TBS. Even I will forget about it, and I've probably seen 50 promos literally. Nobody tunes to TBS for good watchin.

Ewwww
While I agree his dinero impression stinks, you've got to cut him some slack. Impersonating 11th century Spanish currency is more difficult than it sounds. His Robert De Niro impression is very good though.

As for it's success, remember what the great Denis Leary said about 'success' as measured on Cable TV - They had 8 million viewers for "The Job" on ABC and it was a failure, they have 4 million viewers for "Rescue Me" on FX and it's a smash hit. Frank TV just needs to edge out edited reruns of Family Guy and Sex in the City to be a success on TBS.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Caliendo's okay, but that's as far as it goes. I don't think he's great and I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to watch his show. If there's nothing else on, maybe I'll watch. But then again, even if there's nothing on, there's always something on....maybe another Leave It To Beaver marathon on TVLand

and no, smartasses (MJ, Roman & the rest of you who know who you are). - I did not see the originals ... I'm not that old :action-sm

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Frank is enjoyable as a comic. I really like his segment on Fox NFL Sunday but I'm not sure of his ability to do a whole show with mere impersonations. Nevertheless I wish him the best of luck and hope his show succeeds. I will check it out once or twice and see if it's worth my time.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
it's definitely no Ant doin Neil Diamond or Bruce Springsteen!

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Caliendo's okay, but that's as far as it goes. there's always something on....maybe another Leave It To Beaver marathon on TVLand
Awwwwww Ma going back to her youth, how cute :)

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I've seen some commercials. In one he does Bush then does some other guy who might or might not be Nicholson. Mehh.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I watched the first episode, it wasn't all that bad. I liked the Clinton library skit. I saw his standup a couple years ago...his material was just ok...it is more difficult since he's an impersonation comic which is a few rungs up the ladder from a prop comic like Carrot Top. I wouldn't go out of my way to catch his series, but I wish the guy the best. When I spoke with him at the show O&A had just been on XM for a few months and he had nothing but nice things to say about them. He seemed really appreciative of how they let comics speak their mind and really support them.