Frank Thomas hits #500 today

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Congrats to the Big Hurt on getting his 500th home run today. I couldn't stand his bitching when he was on the White Sox, but still one of the best hitters ever. All without the roids too.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I liked in his post-game interview how he was just basically saying "I didn't do steroids like Bonds and Sosa", "I didn't do steroids like Bonds and Sosa", "I didn't do steroids like Bonds and Sosa".

How he got there through hard work, a lot of tough challenges, the right way, got big in the GYM... etc.

Why not grow a pair and just say it.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
if only frank had kept his weight down, and as a result had less injuries, hed have passed 600 a while ago. still one of the best hitters of his generation.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
When he goes to the Hall, are players still allowed to choose the cap they wear on their plaques? I don't think he burnt bridges with the ChiSox, he napalmed them!

It'd be weird to see him with an A's or Toronto cap! It's still weird seeing him play in those unis the last 2 seasons.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I used to live down the street from where he went to high school.(Columbus, GA) Congrats Big Hurt.

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
When he goes to the Hall, are players still allowed to choose the cap they wear on their plaques? I don't think he burnt bridges with the ChiSox, he napalmed them!

It'd be weird to see him with an A's or Toronto cap! It's still weird seeing him play in those unis the last 2 seasons.
I would be surprised and sad to see him go in with anything but a Sox cap on. That's where he really made his mark, and most of the fans still love him. He got a standing ovation his first game back on the South Side. I also would have really liked to see him hit number 500 in a Sox uniform, but he really did burn that bridge.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas

Its the players choices I think when they get in. I would also think it weird to see him in other than a Sox cap.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Its the players choices I think when they get in. I would also think it weird to see him in other than a Sox cap.
For some reason I actually thought it was the HOF's choice as to what team a player goes in for.
I remembered reading/hearing something about Bruce Sutter wanting to go in as a Cub, but he had to go as a Cardinal.
I could be wrong.

Just found this from halloffame.com faq

Who decides what team logo will be used on induction plaques?

The choice of which team’s logo appears on a player’s plaque is the Museum's decision, though we always consider the wishes of an inductee. As a history museum and as such, it's important that the logo be emblematic of the historical accomplishments of that player's career. A player's election to the Hall of Fame is a career achievement, and as such, every team for whom he played is listed on the plaque; however, the logo selection is based on where that player makes his most indelible mark. Visit our Hall of Fame plaque section to see the plaques of your favorite Hall of Fame members.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
For some reason I actually thought it was the HOF's choice as to what team a player goes in for.
I remembered reading/hearing something about Bruce Sutter wanting to go in as a Cub, but he had to go as a Cardinal.
I could be wrong.

Just found this from halloffame.com faq

Who decides what team logo will be used on induction plaques?

The choice of which team’s logo appears on a player’s plaque is the Museum's decision, though we always consider the wishes of an inductee. As a history museum and as such, it's important that the logo be emblematic of the historical accomplishments of that player's career. A player's election to the Hall of Fame is a career achievement, and as such, every team for whom he played is listed on the plaque; however, the logo selection is based on where that player makes his most indelible mark. Visit our Hall of Fame plaque section to see the plaques of your favorite Hall of Fame members.
You're not, a player has no say as to what cap he'll wear once he is inducted into the HOF, which is why Thomas will go wearing a Whitesox cap.

JC510

Mar 3, 2006
In 1994 he had a very realistic chance at the Triple Crown

Paul O'Neill was leading the league in batting at .359, Thomas was batting .353
Ken Griffey Jr was leading in HRs with 40, Thomas had 38.
Kirby Puckett was leading with 112 RBI, Thomas had 101.

The RBI would have been tough but it would have been great to see if he could to do it. Fucking strike.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Great player. HOF for sure. (Or should be at least.)