French Fries Are Now Missiles

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327776,00.html

Police in Laramie, Wyo., Cite Teen Girls Who Threw French Fries for 'Hurling Missiles'

Friday , February 01, 2008

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

LARAMIE, Wyo. —
Three 13-year-old girls accused of throwing french fries during lunchtime at their school were cited for "hurling missiles," an adult infraction covered by city ordinances.

The principal of Laramie Junior High and a police officer had warned students during an assembly the day before the french fries' launch that if they threw food, they had to suffer the consequences, Police Chief Bob Deutsch said. The warning came after school officials had heard rumors of an impending food fight.

"They saw it as really the planning of a riot, when you think about it," Deutsch said.

The girls decided to test the warning, he said.

"It wasn't a spontaneous thing -- a couple of kids giggling, throwing a french fry at each other," Deutsch said. "They intended on getting everybody involved in this and starting something that no doubt would have the potential of getting out of control."

Now, some observers are saying police and school officials went overboard, and even the American Civil Liberties Union weighed in.

"It certainly seems that this was an overreaction to a situation that could have been handled differently," said Linda Burt, Wyoming director of the ACLU.

The girls were also suspended for three days.

City prosecutor Ashley Castor didn't return phone messages left Thursday and Friday. Principal Steve Hoff declined to comment, and schools Superintendent Brian Recht did not return messages.
How much longer are people going to put up with this crap?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Holy fucking shit.
Maybe they should concentrate on teaching their residents to not kill lesbians instead of worrying about a food fight.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Maybe they shouldn't have thrown the fucking fries. When you're at school, and you're told not to something, you either don't do it or you get in trouble for doing it. I really don't see anything wrong with teaching these girls a little lesson.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Why does the city prosecutor need to be involved in this? Just send the little bitches home for a few days. Damn.

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
Well they did get suspended for three days so its not like they got away with it.

The super duper extreme wording they are using here is crazy. French fries=missiles and now the city is involved is just stupid.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Maybe they shouldn't have thrown the fucking fries. When you're at school, and you're told not to something, you either don't do it or you get in trouble for doing it. I really don't see anything wrong with teaching these girls a little lesson.
Oh, I really hope you're saying this sarcastically. :action-sm

Yeah, they shouldn't have thrown the fries and yeah, they should've been taught a lesson - the suspension was fine. But to get the city prosecutor involved? To cite them for "hurling missiles"? To allege that they were trying to incite a riot?

Jeebus, they need to lighten up.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
They should have shot that disrespecting little bitch, before she potentially maybe could have in a far away galaxy called kookoocrack land hurt somebody with a FRENCH FRY!

I'm glad taxes go to good use, paying the salary of a peace officer, who can stop FOOD FIGHTS in a school.

fuck this shit. there is going to be a revolution, when people get their tv's taken away.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
DC Code has a similar statute about throwing "missiles" and it being a $2.00 fine per "missle" thrown. Although they are using the term "missle" loosely, the kids are not literaly throwing missles, it is nothing more than poor language in the statute. I would guess it would be better to call them "projectiles" rather than "missiles", they wouldn't write a separate statute for throwing french fries or food.

BTW, big ups for the Cherry Dart contest.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
QFT. The suspension was a little excessive, I think one day would have been fine. But I see nothing coming of this. I guareentee the girls' future will not be damaged by getting this citation. This non story centers around attention whores. From the girls saying we are going to challenge the system mannnnnnnnnnn. To the bored city prosecutor, who has nothing else better to do with his time.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
The principal of Laramie Junior High and a police officer had warned students during an assembly the day before the french fries' launch that if they threw food, they had to suffer the consequences, Police Chief Bob Deutsch said. The warning came after school officials had heard rumors of an impending food fight.

They were warned the day before and made an concious and informed decision to "buck" the system and go ahead and throw food anyways. its not like they werent being watched. Its not like it was 30 days later. IT WAS THE NEXT FUCKING DAY. They deserve everything coming to them. Make an example of them. they wanna be the cool rebellious crowd in Jr high. Not so cool anymore.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
At least they didn't hurl Freedom Fries, then they would be unpatriotic little whores.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I don't have a problem with the girls being disciplined, because they should have been. They were told not to do something and they decided to do it anyway. The suspension would have been enough. Why did the school have to call the authorities? Why should the tax payers' dollars go towards having the people in the city prosecutor's office work on this?

Once upon a time things like this were handled in the school and at home. You'd do something wrong, the school would call your parents, you'd get suspended from school for a few days and would probably get grounded or have some privilege taken away at home (like no phone or tv for a week). The police weren't involved. A food fight? Get real..they have much more important things to do than cite two 13 year olds for attempting to do what 13 year olds do which is push the envelope to see how far they can go.

That's where I have a problem with this whole situation.

Oh and a french fry is not a missile. Even if it was to hit someone in the eye I doubt seriously that the kid would lose an eye.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Like I've always suspected. McDonalds is harboring Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
What do you expect? As adults we're allowing it to happen and setting a shitty example:

http://wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=84196
Look man, I understand your passion when it comes to that particular topic. These two topics are unrelated and is perfect example of a stance that I have been taking lately. I understand the woe is us as a society mentality. Sometimes you have to judge each case on its indvidual merits and stop lumping everying together.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Look man, I understand your passion when it comes to that particular topic. These two topics are unrelated and is perfect example of a stance that I have been taking lately. I understand the woe is us as a society mentality. Sometimes you have to judge each case on its indvidual merits and stop lumping everying together.
Over-reacting and over-punishing in the name of proving a point and keeping us safe from ourselves?

How are they separate issues? They do it to us as adults, then we teach our children to keep their heads down and not get hurt and they'll be more successful than someone who makes waves.

If you throw French Fries, we will prosecute you as adults to teach you a lesson! If you use your cell phone in your car, we're going to charge you $700 to keep you safe!

It's the same shit.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Over-reacting and over-punishing in the name of proving a point and keeping us safe from ourselves?

How are they separate issues? They do it to us as adults, then we teach our children to keep their heads down and not get hurt and they'll be more successful than someone who makes waves.

If you throw French Fries, we will prosecute you as adults to teach you a lesson! If you use your cell phone in your car, we're going to charge you $700 to keep you safe!

It's the same shit.
What I'm saying is, I guarantee you that those girls are not going to be into orange jumpsuits and made to do a perp walk.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
What I'm saying is, I guarantee you that those girls are not going to be into orange jumpsuits and made to do a perp walk.
No, but the police department was involved at the threat of a food fight... How fucking retarded are the administrators and parents that they thought that was even necessary?

So on senior skip day is the FBI going to come give them a speech pertaining to military desertion?

Not everything should be a police matter, from food fights to cell phones, and we, as adults that set the example, are allowing that mentality to propagate by allowing this sort of horseshit.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Their punishment should have been ****, by a close family friend.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Billy Madison was arrested earlier this week...