circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
For obvious reasons but he really has zero class:

Bonds, Selig drama plays out in Milwaukee
Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:07PM EDT

By Geoff Davidian

MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - The drama between slugger Barry Bonds and baseball commissioner Bud Selig took center stage on Saturday as Bonds again failed to get closer to Hank Aaron's all-time home run record.

The San Francisco Giants hammered the hometown Brewers 8-0 with Bonds going 0-for-2 with two walks to remain at 753 career homers, two shy of Aaron's mark.

But the real story was taking place off the field.

Before the game, Bonds boasted that the threat of federal indictment for perjury over his alleged use of steroids as well as possible tax evasion charges would not distract him from his pursuit of the homers that stand between him and Aaron.

"Do I look concerned?" he asked reporters.

Told he looked very calm, Bonds said, "That's the way I feel."

The steroids culture that makes Bonds such a controversial figure flourished under Selig's watch and it poses a delicate and twisted problem for the MLB commissioner, the former owner of the Brewers.

Selig told reporters at Friday's game that he saw Aaron, who played his final two seasons with the Brewers, hit his first homer, and saw him hit his last one in Milwaukee. He talks with Aaron frequently, and has not spoken with Bonds for years.

While Bonds was very visible on Saturday, taking batting practice and talking with a woman whose sick son was helped by Bonds eight years ago, Selig's lieutenants quietly worked the press box.

Selig can't hit like Bonds, but he can reach out to friendly reporters in hopes of purging his agonizing dilemma. He clearly does not like what Bonds has done to baseball's image, and he admittedly is a close friend of Aaron.

Somehow, the presence of Bonds and Selig in the same ball park made the game seem irrelevant. The teams play again on Sunday.

To Milwaukee fans, and maybe to Selig, it was not about winning. It was about denying Bonds.

At times it seemed the soon-to-be 43-year-old left fielder was toying with booing Milwaukee fans, refusing to take a giant swing that would make history for them to reject.

His last at bat, Bonds was intentionally walked, denying him the chance to deny the fans the chance to reject his success.
I wish every team would make the sacrifice and walk this fucko for the rest of his goddamn career..

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Fuck him. In the end he will not be indicted or even remotely be in any trouble, he'll get off.

He can rot in hell because I don't like him and I never did. Fuck this worthless guy. He could'nt evn throw out a crippled Sid Bream from shallow outfield in the NLCS in the 90s.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I hope the Braves walk him in every at bat in the coming week at home. Hank needs to hire O.J. to.......

N

Nate666

Selig told reporters at Friday's game that he saw Aaron, who played his final two seasons with the Brewers, hit his first homer, and saw him hit his last one in Milwaukee. He talks with Aaron frequently, and has not spoken with Bonds for years.
bullshit

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
He'll get the homerun eventually, just let him hit the ball so this entire stupid thing can be over with.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
i could careless that he does steroids and wont admit it. It that he act like a complete ass and doesn't even acknowledge his fans.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
i could careless that he does steroids and wont admit it. It that he act like a complete ass and doesn't even acknowledge his fans.
I'm the exact same way, I love his asshole-ness.
So what if he head grew 5 hat sizes over a year's time... no biggy.

On a related note, I'd like to send an FU out to Bud Selig. This Star Wars character looking attention whore. Make up your mind already and say if you'll be touring with Bonds or not, enough already of your wishy-washyness.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the grassy knoll shooter peels his cap and sprays the entire front row just before he broke the record? There is no justice in this world...

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Ironically, Atlanta is in SF for 4 games and Fathead could break the record against Hammering Hank's old ball club...

I hope the fan that captures that ball runs for his life... Bonds is going to throw a fit for that ball... self-centered ass..

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
Not to mention, it's the most useless and selfish record there is. His homeruns never helped a team win the world series, and with the exception of one year, his teams have never made an appearance in a WS.

20 years of meaningless homeruns. Congrats bobblehead.