FU Canadian 'Winter'

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
One of the reasons I stay up here is because the Winters are fairly extreme. I enjoy my outdoor activities like Snowboarding, Skiing, Skidooing, etc.

Yet, This fucking impotent Winter is shit. An average temp of 35.6? The fuck is going on? Three years back there was two feet of snow, and a day where my dumb shit city had a day of being the 2nd coldest place on Earth. With wind chill it was -72F, outfreezing the Arctic.

There's no snow up here. None. The Ex-Wife has said on numerous occasions this season that it's colder in Atlanta than it is up here.

Fuck you Canadian Winter. Sack up and Blizzard you pussy. Keep this up and the Shwoogies are going to think this part of the world is habitable.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Its a global warming conspiracy!!

You must be the angriest cannuck ever.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Don't be so darn inpatient, I'm sure it will cool off eventually. In the mean time, go catch a fish, cook it with bacon grease, put some maple syrup on it, and treat yourself. It's the Canadian way.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
A farm truck with a plow would make that pretty easy to clear. Shovel it by hand then bitch and moan.
Not last year... the snow got so high even a V plow couldn't push it back... the neighbor had to come down with his tractor and push it back on the sides.

Oh and the dogs had to tunnel through their doggie door to use the dog pen that had like 5' of snow in it...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Read that some parts of AK have 18 FEET of snow. Roofs are collapsing and people who have lived there 30+ years say it's the most they have ever seen.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Read that some parts of AK have 18 FEET of snow. Roofs are collapsing and people who have lived there 30+ years say it's the most they have ever seen.
Glad my roofs have a really steep pitch... gah...

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
This is the weirdest winter out here also. We don't get a lot of snow (I live at like 80' elevation 2 miles from the coast) but for an area that averages 50-75 inches of rain a year we've only had two very mediocre storms this year. I went out to our ranch which is at 4,000 feet and usually has at least a couple feet of snow by now and none to be seen anywhere. Unless we have a very wet winter we're going to have a major drought next summer.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
All I have had here is a light dusting... that melted by mid day like last week.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
This is the first time I can remember that there was no snow on the ground in Nebraska in January. The local weather guys are going ape shit.....no snowpocalypse to report on.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
This is the first time I can remember that there was no snow on the ground in Nebraska in January. The local weather guys are going ape shit.....no snowpocalypse to report on.
And I have only seen one pick up with a plow attached so far this year... which is really odd.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Considering the winter most people had last year, it can go a few more weeks before it snows.

But I do love the idea of the weather people freaking out because they can't any air time has been drastically reduced.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Considering the winter most people had last year, it can go a few more weeks before it snows.
I'm annoyed that it hasn't snowed yet this winter (there was a negligible snow in early December but you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for or if you weren't looking at something somewhat dark). Last year, it snowed on Christmas. That's never happened here before in my life. There was a stretch in January where it snowed HEAVILY one day and the snow stay on the ground for about week afterward. It snowed more the last two winters than I can ever remember it snowing. It was supposed to be almost as bad this year. That hasn't panned out so far.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
The local weather guys are now all claiming that this spring we will see one of the worst tornado seasons in years. They are all citing that because it's been a dry and mild winter...that just started a few weeks ago, that it will mean a lot more tornadoes.

Okay, we had a terribly cold and snowy winter last year, and then had one of the worst years for tornadoes in history. I'm pretty well convinced it's all wishful thinking for these attention whore weather guys.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
It's amazing. I've only had to shovel 4 times this season, for a grand total of 1 hour.

Edit: Shit...I jinxed it. Just looked at the weather, and I have snow forecast for the next 3 days. What wrath hath I brought?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I jinxed it as well. The wind is roaring outside and it started snowing. I'm sure the expected 1/2" forecast will have the weatherman warning us of a possible snow apocalypse by the time the 4PM news comes on.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The local weather guys are now all claiming that this spring we will see one of the worst tornado seasons in years. They are all citing that because it's been a dry and mild winter...that just started a few weeks ago, that it will mean a lot more tornadoes.

Okay, we had a terribly cold and snowy winter last year, and then had one of the worst years for tornadoes in history. I'm pretty well convinced it's all wishful thinking for these attention whore weather guys.
Having a mild winter should lessen the severity of tornado season because the transition from cold to warm won't be as extreme. That transition causes most thunderstorms because that's what causes warm air to slide underneath cold air. Warm air rising through the cold air destabilizes the atmosphere. Your local weathermen are either idiots or liars. My money is on both.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
Yep, I was asking for it. To be honest, I don't mind. I went fishing in 50 deg. temps yesterday and didn't catch shit, so bring on the snow.