FU Cancer...Again

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
How many more family members is cancer going to take from us? Grandmother, colon cancer. Aunt, breast cancer. Uncle, colon cancer. Now lastly, my Godfather and last Uncle, stage fucking 4 glioblastoma. He didn't start showing signs until two weeks ago. Now we're planning his funeral. WTF is with my family? I'm going to visit a gastroenterology next week because I'm 36 and want a colonoscopy early. All my relatives smoked and none of them have been sick from lung cancer. Fuck!

Haeder

South Dakota
Fuck cancer. Fuck cancer. Fuck cancer.

My wife went through cancer treatments a year or two back. Then it was all gone and she was given a clean bill of health.

She had three spots shaved off at her last checkup for biopsies. Thankfully, none of them were cancerous. But waiting for test results sucks a fat one.

Cancer took my mom on August 16, 1995 and numerous friends and relatives since then.

I am sorry for your loss.

Fuck cancer.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jesus, God hates you. You are exactly right - get the fucking colonoscopy ever year, or every 3 years if your pooper doctor says so. Nobody should die of colon cancer. Frank Zappa was a dope. If you keep up with it it's just them cutting off polyps, which are colon skin tags before they turn to cancer and kill you.

ruckstande

Donator
Jesus, God hates you. You are exactly right - get the fucking colonoscopy ever year, or every 3 years if your pooper doctor says so. Nobody should die of colon cancer. Frank Zappa was a dope. If you keep up with it it's just them cutting off polyps, which are colon skin tags before they turn to cancer and kill you.
My uncle who died of colon cancer was in between years for his checkup and it spread to his liver and kidneys.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Zappa died of prostate cancer.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Sorry about the bad news.

I imagine that smoking in general suppresses your immune system, allowing the Big C to attack the most vulnerable parts of the body, not necessarily the lungs. I lost a grandmother to pancreatic cancer who was a lifelong smoker.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Sorry for your losses ruckstande.

I imagine that smoking in general suppresses your immune system, allowing the Big C to attack the most vulnerable parts of the body, not necessarily the lungs. I lost a grandmother to pancreatic cancer who was a lifelong smoker.
My uncle is in hospice right now with the pancreatic cancer. He quit smoking years ago but drank like a fish. Doesn't have much time left. My other uncle (his brother) is dying of cirrhosis. That'll mean my dad has no immediate family anymore besides us and my mom.

NuttyJim

My uncle died of non Hodkins lymphoma and my other uncle is currently dying of brain cancer.

It terrifies me thinking of the possibility of me getting it or anyone else in my family.

I'm sorry for your loss.

lajikal

Damn, didn't realize just how common and complex it was. Maybe several generations from now won't have to worry about this and have something else attack their bodies, just like previous generations had more deadly around. You can try to fight for life all you want, but your body will lose. Any sign of anything, give me a lethal dose of morphine and i'll be a happy boy.

ruckstande

Donator

He hasn't smoked in years. 10 maybe?

ruckstande

Donator
Damn, didn't realize just how common and complex it was. Maybe several generations from now won't have to worry about this and have something else attack their bodies, just like previous generations had more deadly around. You can try to fight for life all you want, but your body will lose. Any sign of anything, give me a lethal dose of morphine and i'll be a happy boy.
I believe it's like the Walking Dead. Everyone has it, something just turns it on. In my family we just have killer C's because no one survives. All the money that gets spent on this shit seams to go nowhere.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I believe it's like the Walking Dead. Everyone has it, something just turns it on. In my family we just have killer C's because no one survives. All the money that gets spent on this shit seams to go nowhere.
100% true. We all have millions of cancer cells alive and well inside us. Normally our bodies kill or suppers them. When that doesn't happen, we are fucked.

ruckstande

Donator
I'm checked out today. I can't get my head back into the game. My family is close and I'm terrible with loss.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
I'm checked out today. I can't get my head back into the game. My family is close and I'm terrible with loss.
Sorry bro.

I really don't want to steal your thunder, but I am going through the exact same thing. One of my close friends died suddenly back in Sept and I have been freaking the fuck out since. One of my son's friends moms died with the C last year leaving a 5 and 9 year old behind to be raised by their dad. It's just horrible and I totally understand your feelings (no homo).

Plus it does seem like the C is everywhere now. Billboards, radio ads, stupid fucking Facebook feed is always full of some C story affecting someone.

Struggling with your own mortality is just scary. Waking up in the middle of the night worrying about your kids or if something happens to you.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Damn @ruckstande sorry to hear that. Buddy of mine has been fighting brain tumors since 2006. he was lucky and had a seizure when it was stage II, otherwise they never would have known it was there. zero symptoms. He's up to stage III but has been responding to treatments, but it's always touch and go. Sorry for your losses and all you are going through. We are a bunch of assholes around here but i like to think that when the chips are down we support our own...or at the very least someone will call you a faggot and you can at least crack a smile. Keep us posted.

ruckstande

Donator
Damn @ruckstande sorry to hear that. Buddy of mine has been fighting brain tumors since 2006. he was lucky and had a seizure when it was stage II, otherwise they never would have known it was there. zero symptoms. He's up to stage III but has been responding to treatments, but it's always touch and go. Sorry for your losses and all you are going through. We are a bunch of assholes around here but i like to think that when the chips are down we support our own...or at the very least someone will call you a faggot and you can at least crack a smile. Keep us posted.
Your friend is EXTREMELY lucky. This is a widowmaker. Reading up on Glioblastoma and nothing looks good. The resurgence rate on this is ridiculous even if they remove all of it which in my Uncle's case they didn't. Is it selfish to be angry that diseases like AIDS get all of the attention but cancer just dreams to be a part of life? Did this exist 100 years ago?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
100% true. We all have millions of cancer cells alive and well inside us. Normally our bodies kill or suppers* them. When that doesn't happen, we are fucked.
*suppress, dammit

lajikal

Your friend is EXTREMELY lucky. This is a widowmaker. Reading up on Glioblastoma and nothing looks good. The resurgence rate on this is ridiculous even if they remove all of it which in my Uncle's case they didn't. Is it selfish to be angry that diseases like AIDS get all of the attention but cancer just dreams to be a part of life? Did this exist 100 years ago?
Even Jesussaurous dealt with cancer.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003131/

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
I'm sure it did to some extent they just didn't have the equipment to correctly diagnose so I'm sure it was blamed on other things.
Yes my friend is very lucky. We do the Brain Tumor Race for Hope in Philly every year, this year right before it he had to have part of his frontal lobe removed because the tumor was growing and they needed to make room to relieve the pressure. That was November and seeing him then i was sure he wouldn't make it through the holidays but this most recent round of chemo has been nothing short of a miracle and he's been better than i have seen him in a while.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Oh, and lest we forget the fear of God when googling symptoms.

I swear looking up medical symptoms on Webmd or the interwebz is a great way to freak yourself out.

I'll leave the medical dx to the doctors and stop worrying about poop color.

Just google what color is poop supposed to be and then you are just waiting to die.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
I keep hearing how the cancer death rate is down. I don't see it. We just buried my mom on christmas eve after a 2 year fight with pancreatic, my brother just buried his mother-in-law this past weekend from lung cancer, and my uncle's long time employee is on his last leg with pancreatic.

Agreed...fuck cancer.

ruckstande

Donator
I keep hearing how the cancer death rate is down. I don't see it. We just buried my mom on christmas eve after a 2 year fight with pancreatic, my brother just buried his mother-in-law this past weekend from lung cancer, and my uncle's long time employee is on his last leg with pancreatic.

Agreed...fuck cancer.
Sounds like an epidemic.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Dr. Steve said everybody who lives long enough dies of cancer or heart disease for the most part.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Just found out my uncle died from pancreatic cancer last night. Runs in my family too.