FU Firestone Tire Shop

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
It shouldn't take 7 fucking hours to change 2 tires, assholes! And when it does take 7 hours to do that, don't act like the customer is the idiot for thinking it should have been done sooner--especially when the car was dropped off at 9:00 and you said it would be ready to be picke dup at noon, then told me at 1:00 (when I had to call you to find out if it was ready) that "it's not quite done yet but should be within the hour (thus implying that the work had at least begun, otherwise you wouldn't have used and emphasized "quite" when speaking to me), and then not even starting it until 3:40 when you close at 4. The only reason I didn't just have you give me my keys back and take the car somewhere else is that it took you so fucking long to help the customer on line in front of me that you had my car up on the lift when you finally were able to "assist" me. I assume that this asshole's definition of "assist" is "question why the customer showed up to pick up his car 7 hours after dropping it off when nobody ever called him to say it was ready and he had to call us halfway thorugh the day so we could lie to him and say it would be done soon." Even better, the guy was an even bigger prick to the next people in line who had also been waiting all day for their car. He actually said to them, "Well, it IS Sunday, you know. We were busy!"

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
How the fuck is firestone still in business? Bad product, service. Got set of 4 goodyears from tirerack installed at local-owned shop this mornin in 1-hour.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I had almost the same beef with my local Firestone. I brought my truck in for brake service and I told them "If you cannot finish the job, do not start it, I will bring it back tomorrow". I waited all day, no phone call. Finally at 4, I called them to get a status and they said "It's almost done, be ready in an hr". I make arrangements for a ride to get it in an hour, and when I get there, it's still on the lift, tires off, brakes off, and I'm told it won't be ready until tomorrow. Fan-fucking-tastic, since I had no way to get home at that point. Assholes.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Years ago I was shopping for tires for my old '93 Probe GT. I wanted to get reasonably priced low profile performance tires. I went to the local Goodyear dealer. I told him exactly the type of tire I was looking for and he proceeded to give me the hard sell on their most expensive advanced tire (it was some all-season $300 each wonder tire, way more than I wanted to spend). I said no thanks, that's not what I'm looking for and when I was walking out the door, this guy was following me out dropping the price as I was leaving in a desperate panic to keep me there. It was pathetic. He reminded me of Gil from the Simpsons.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Firestone is a piece of shit. I can't fucking stand going there, and it annoys the hell out of me my mother still supports that piece of shit auto shop. They treat her like trash, and she still goes back.

Hibodn FTW! They told me it would be an hour and a half, and it was an hour and 25 minutes.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Les Schwab out here. Every store I've been to has given great service. I have seen 6 guys working on my peecup at once when I get a set of tires. Some taking off, changing, balancing, putting on. A set usually takes about 20 minutes.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Even Pep Boys is better than those places. Costco and Sam's are your best bets though.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Huh? The Glassboro Firestone is fantastic. I've been going there since I moved here and my stepfather has used them for decades.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Unless you need them right away, buying online off Tirerack and paying a local place to mount and balance them is probably your best route. No one giving you the sales pitch on tires you don't want and the extended warranty. No waiting around for hours and wasting your day like the OP

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Tire shopping...

Buy 2 tires, get 2 free??? Awesome!

Oh wait, buying 4 at Sam's or Costco is still cheaper.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I actually wound up getting a call from Firestone's regional manager shortly after my visit. He told me he was sorry for my wait and that he hoped they hadn't lost me as a customer and . . . . that's it. "I wish I could undo it but I can't." Oh wait! The next time I need service on my car I can call him and he'll "see" if he can get me "some sort of customer satisfaction discount." Yeah, I'm going to call you a year from now and you'll remember me and give me some amazing discount that will have made this all worth while. What could it be, 10% off my next oil change? Consider me a lifelong fan, sir! I'll rush right over and then wait for 7 hours while your shitty employees keep working on cars that arrived after me. But for the $2 in savings, how can I refuse?

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
Chain stores usually suck because
their managers are taught to never
say no to work so they overbook.
Turning anyone away is a big no-no.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Chain stores usually suck because
their managers are taught to never
say no to work so they overbook.
Turning anyone away is a big no-no.
Les Schwab is an amazing chain in the Western US. I started using them when I went to college because they honor their warranties (and free service perks) at any location, and I've never had a bad experience with them.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
There's always going to be exceptions to every rule.
That's why I said "usually".
Having been in the business over 30 years and worked
in many places, that's a common problem with chain shops.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
If you don't have a local Discount Tire, go online to Discount Tire Direct and find a local non chain shop to mount them.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
If you don't have a local Discount Tire, go online to Discount Tire Direct and find a local non chain shop to mount them.
I mount tires for many customers that get them on line.
Hell, I tell em to just have them sent here and we'll call
when they're in and we can mount them asap.

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
There's always going to be exceptions to every rule.
That's why I said "usually".
Having been in the business over 30 years and worked
in many places, that's a common problem with chain shops.

My brother is a Manger at STS he has taken many store with shitty record and crappy sales and moved to a different store to see sales and repeat customer of the store he built up tank after he left

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
In PA always went to Jack Williams, never had a single problem

Here in Ohio the only place I've gone is a local TireDiscounters, no problems there