FU: Greedy Prick

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.

My brother and I decided that we would track down my dad's last patrol car before he retired and restore it back to full 1992 duty status, down to the old radar gun and lights. I tracked it down and I contacted the owner and tell him I'm looking for an NSP retired mustang fastback. He says he will sell it, but won't discuss a price over the phone. I show up at this guys farm and he is running a freaking junk pickers heaven. There the car sits, no tranny, no motor, dull paint and all. He asks me why I have to have an NSP Mustang and I tell him (FUCKING STUPIDLY) that it was my dad's last patrol car and that he had died recently, and my brother and I wanted to restore it back to a fully marked car for car shows, fund raisers and parades.

The cocksucker gave me a dull look and said $10,000. I had heard from the local cops (I stopped in for directions and to make sure I wasn't going to a nutjobs farm) that he only wanted $2500 for it. So my brother suggest we get a third party to buy it and now the car "isn't for sale" because this douchbag knows that it's us trying to buy it. My best guess is the car will rot into the ground now because this fucking asshole would rather let it rot then sell it to a potential buyer that might be doing it for us. So our checking accounts are taking a hit, we will pay him what he wants. But I'm bringing cash tomorrow and still plan on trying to get a couple bucks knocked off.

I know the guy has a right to make a buck, but the car isn't worth $2500 let alone $10,000 in it's current condition. The restoration alone is going to run us over $15K. The cocksucker is just taking advantage and it's my fault for thinking everybody in this god for saken state is a "square dealer".

So, I guess the FU really goes to me, for getting emotional when I saw the car and felt the need to tell my life story, causing the price to go up with each word. I admit it, I teared up when I saw dad's car. I'm such a fucking girl.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Shit, it sucks that it means something to you, because giving into that asshole is pissing me off a little.

You should at least let him sweat it out for a couple of weeks. That $2500 will start looking better and better. At the very least make him an offer you know no one else is going to beat (like $4000-$5000), and tell him that's all you can afford.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Cops get to use the same car? I thought it was a fleet and you got assigned a car pretty much daily.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Dude, yes, let him sweat for 2 weeks. Then take $2,000 in cash and stop buy with your weapon on your hip. Offer him the cash, and tell him he's being a prick if he doesn't take it after the shit he tried to pull. If he bows up, wink at him about the thin blue line and walk off, leaving him your card.

Then tell the local PD what happened and how he handled it.

Look man, you and I both know bumfuck PDs are shitheals, it sucks horribly when you're caught on the wrong end of it, but we know it's true. Use it for good for fucking once.

Or you can PM me the dude's info and I'll call to negotiate like I'm a collector in Dallas when/if he ever puts it up for sale publicly again. . It's sort of what I do for a living.

If you give this piece of shit 10 grand I'm going to find you and take pictures of my dick in your mouth while you sleep.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Cops get to use the same car? I thought it was a fleet and you got assigned a car pretty much daily.
In the oldern days some smaller precincts would just paint and rig a personal car that the officer got a tax break and compensation for, or when they got a little bigger they'd actually just buy suitable random vehicles (Mustangs were popular) and supe them up to be patrol cars. Standardized fleets is actually a pretty recent thing for small departments. (thank you traffic ticket revenue and "commission" plans...)

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Wouldn't your dad be happier if you either used the money for yourself or donated it to a worthy police oriented cause in his name rather than fork it over to the guy that happened to end up with the last car he drove?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I bought the car this morning for a fair price. I'm not sure what other departments do as far as patrol cars, but the state patrol issues a brand new car to one officer and he drives the car for it's entire service life.

Yeah, we could have put the cash we spent on the car and the cash we will spend on the restoration into a charity in dad's name....but dad was a 32 year veteran of the patrol and a Korean War veteran. He gave at the office. He was also a diehard gearhead and I know he would love my brother and I restoring his last, and favorite, patrol car. He wanted to buy it when he retired, but it didn't have enough miles on it to be taken out of service. So it served out the rest of it's service life with a "snot nosed puppy dog" trooper at the wheel. By the time it was retired dad was distracted by other pursuits. But he always said it was his favorite cruiser.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Good to hear you got it.

Please start another thread when you get the project rolling (with pics.)

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Glad you got it for a fair price. What did you end up paying? And obviously we're gonna need pics here at some point.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Let me guess. You had his teenage son sent to the county youth home on trumped up charges and he and a bra-less prostitute working for the local sheriff had to steal a tank and break his son out of prison while motorcycle gangs made long jumps dragging a cable to hook to a D9 Cat. Seen it.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Let me guess. You had his teenage son sent to the county youth home on trumped up charges and he and a bra-less prostitute working for the local sheriff had to steal a tank and break his son out of prison while motorcycle gangs made long jumps dragging a cable to hook to a D9 Cat. Seen it.
Wow. Someone made a 'Tank' reference out of left field. Nice.
(btw, I remember getting a little turned on at the scene where the whore gets whipped with a belt when I was turning the golden age of 12 or so back in the day when I would rent this one)

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
(btw, I remember getting a little turned on at the scene where the whore gets whipped with a belt when I was turning the golden age of 12 or so back in the day when I would rent this one)
Hell, I still do. If only that overbite sheriff wasn't around to ruin it. But he did say, Go ahead, pull down dem lil panties.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i wouldn't give that asshole 10k for that car if he put a gun in my mouth, its not worth it in any way shape or form its not worth 10k done.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I wouldn't have given that piece of shit a penny. He would have had an "accident" and the husk of car would have "disappeared". Fuck that guy.

If I had a rusted out old car and some guy comes and tells me your story, they're getting the car for free. I would even help tie it down to the trailer. If you don't give this cunt at least 10 tickets in the next year, you should be ashamed of yourself.