FU Honda

My wife bought a brand new 2019 CR-V in February. She got a recall notice in July for an issue with airbags deploying randomly and/or not deploying during an accident. She made an appointment with the dealer for the following week and they canceled it the day before she was supposed to bring it in because Honda doesn't have enough parts in stock and can't say when they'll have them. 6+ weeks later and they still can't even give an estimate for when they'll have the parts for her.

On top of that, there's another issue that kills the battery if the car isn't driven enough - and it can't be jump-started. So, driving the vehicle is potentially dangerous but not driving it can kill the battery and make it undriveable.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Does not approve.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
That’s a problem with recalls.
The feds announce them and the dealer isn’t prepared to fix all the cars.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Shit. A coworker just bought a '19 CRV Touring last month. I just bought a '19 Pilot Elite Monday.

Gotta check my VIN.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Somehow I accidentally subbed this thread.

Edit: Ah, fixed it. Stupid tapatalk

Just the fact that you almost need to purchase an extended warranty on newer vehicles today just shows you how much the consumer is getting fucked today. But just like over priced colleges when cheap loans are thrown into the mix people just willingly sign up for shit they can't afford.

We've got to the point that it's not even safe to stick with Honda and Toyota.

lajikal

Just the fact that you almost need to purchase an extended warranty on newer vehicles today just shows you how much the consumer is getting fucked today. But just like over priced colleges when cheap loans are thrown into the mix people just willingly sign up for shit they can't afford.

We've got to the point that it's not even safe to stick with Honda and Toyota.
I never thought of the CRV as a 'Honda'. Just primarily Civics and Accords. It's like they were trying to branch out to the SUV and pickup market. But they've seemed to have done a good job with the Ridgeline as i noticed it's had high ratings. Ford kind of had the same thing where they tried to keep up with the market, but are now going back to focusing on F-150s and i guess Mustangs.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
My wife bought a brand new 2019 CR-V in February. She got a recall notice in July for an issue with airbags deploying randomly and/or not deploying during an accident. She made an appointment with the dealer for the following week and they canceled it the day before she was supposed to bring it in because Honda doesn't have enough parts in stock and can't say when they'll have them. 6+ weeks later and they still can't even give an estimate for when they'll have the parts for her.

On top of that, there's another issue that kills the battery if the car isn't driven enough - and it can't be jump-started. So, driving the vehicle is potentially dangerous but not driving it can kill the battery and make it undriveable.
Why can't you jump it?

And yet another reason to only buy used.

I never thought of the CRV as a 'Honda'. Just primarily Civics and Accords. It's like they were trying to branch out to the SUV and pickup market. But they've seemed to have done a good job with the Ridgeline as i noticed it's had high ratings. Ford kind of had the same thing where they tried to keep up with the market, but are now going back to focusing on F-150s and i guess Mustangs.
I keep hearing that the only cars Ford is selling anymore will be a Focus and the Mustang, all else will be SUVs and trucks in the non commercial market.

Now I'm reminded of something shitty I've heard about Honda within the last year. Not sure which vehicles it involves or the production dates but apparently A LOT of them have straight up faulty airbags. Supposedly they knew that they were faulty from whichever vendor that supplied them but they kept putting them in cars anyway. Think they waited until there was a fatality or two before they put out a recall.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
I keep hearing that the only cars Ford is selling anymore will be a Focus and the Mustang, all else will be SUVs and trucks in the non commercial market.

Now I'm reminded of something shitty I've heard about Honda within the last year. Not sure which vehicles it involves or the production dates but apparently A LOT of them have straight up faulty airbags. Supposedly they knew that they were faulty from whichever vendor that supplied them but they kept putting them in cars anyway. Think they waited until there was a fatality or two before they put out a recall.
Well there is a formula

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Why can't you jump it?

And yet another reason to only buy used.
Some sort of automatic test runs and never stops and kills the battery. According to the notice that Honda sent, the battery might not be able to get a charge even after jumping it. There's a software update to fix it, but that's not helpful for the people whose batteries are already toast.

Yeah, there was an issue with airbags shooting out shards of metal when they deployed a while back. I think there were a few car companies that had that problem and there were some deaths. It was just an added incentive to drive safely, if you think about it.

Yeah, there was an issue with airbags shooting out shards of metal when they deployed a while back. I think there were a few car companies that had that problem and there were some deaths. It was just an added incentive to drive safely, if you think about it.
That's what they get for sourcing safety devices from Ted's Airbag and Claymore Emporium.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
The airbag thing is worldwide. My Toyota had the airbags replaced before I bought it.

More are going to be recalled by the end of this year. Check out the bottom for the article affected manufacturers.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

Acura (Honda)
Audi (VW)
BMW
Cadillac (GM)
Chevrolet (GM)
Chrysler
Daimler Trucks North America (Sterling Bullet)
Daimler Vans USA LLC (Sprinter)
Dodge/Ram (Chrysler)
Ferrari
Fisker (Karma)
Ford
GMC (GM)
Honda
Infiniti (Nissan)
Jaguar
Jeep (Chrysler)
Land Rover (Jaguar Land Rover)
Lexus (Toyota)
Lincoln (Ford)
Mazda
McLaren
Mercedes-Benz
Mercury (Ford)
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Pontiac (GM)
Saab (GM)
Saturn (GM)
Scion (Toyota)
Subaru
Tesla
Toyota
Volkswagen

As far as reliability and warranties, yeah. I had a 7yr/100k certified used warranty on the old Honda that we're gifting to my stepdaughter. It was good to have. Transmission had to be repaired along with a suspension/chassis bushing issue (which was a recall and would have been covered anyway). Cat has 105k on it now, warranty expired in February based on time.

I bought a 6yr/60k on my Toyota. It'll age out of the warranty, because the car is a 2014 and only has 22k on it. It paid for itself already because of a. $1100 sunroof repair.

My new Honda has a 7yr/100k on it. This car has every bell and whistle, all the high-tech gadgetry. I want all that shit covered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haeder

South Dakota
A sales rep for an American auto parts supplier was in Tokyo for an important meeting with the chairman of Toyota to close a huge deal. After he got to his hotel, he farted and strangely it sounded like his ass said "Honda". Puzzled, he forced out another fart and sure enough it came out "hooonda". Needless to say he was freaked out by this. Every time he farted, it came out "hooonda". He flipped through the phone book and found an American doctor and rushed over. The doctor listened to his bizarre farts, examined him thoroughly then proclaimed he was completely stumped. He sent the salesman to a Japanese doctor that specialized in rare diseases, but this doctor too didn't have a clue. He made an emergency appointment with a gastroenterologist. He too was baffled. On his way out of the last doctor's office, he was panicking. He had to cancel the meeting. How embarrassing would it be if in the middle of the chairman of Toyota's office he let a fart slip and it came out "hooonda"! Just before he went out of the office door, the receptionist called after him. "The doctor recommends you try going to a dentist." "A dentist?", he thought. What the heck. He was desperate at this point so he called a local dentist. When he arrived and described his problem to the old Japanese dentist, the dentist nodded his head and said "you have abscessed tooth." "An abscessed tooth?!?", the incredulous salesman says. "Why the hell do you say that?" To which the dentist replied, "Everybody knows abscess make the fart go Honda,"

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

Oh, fuck that. Dude, you've got a ton of rights here. This Honda dealer sounds shitty, and they're not telling you all your options here.

This happened to me with a Honda a few years back, and it wasn't even new. With a new car you have even more rights.

Tell the dealer you're not going to be driving a car with such a dangerous defect, and that you want to leave your car at the dealership, until they have remedied the defect.

In the interim you want them to provide you with a loaner car (at Honda's expense), until they have fixed your car.

If they refuse your request, tell them you want to speak to a supervisor, and then the owner of the dealership. Tell them you want their refusal in writing so you can show it to your lawyer.

Let's suppose that the dealer and Honda turn down your request for a loaner, and then later, your wife is killed by the defect (just a hypo, dude. I hope your wife lives until 115). Guess who's getting sued to oblivion? Yeah, they don't want that.

Honda was offering loaners a few years ago, so I'd think they'd still be offering them now. And I had the same situation: parts not in yet. Hey, not my problem. Give me a loaner, or talk to my lawyer.

Last edited:
Oh, fuck that. Dude, you've got a ton of rights here. This Honda dealer sounds shitty, and they're not telling you all your options here.

This happened to me with a Honda a few years back, and it wasn't even new. With a new car you have even more rights.

Tell the dealer you're not going to be driving a car with such a dangerous defect, and that you want to leave your car at the dealership, until they have remedied the defect.

In the interim you want them to provide you with a loaner car (at Honda's expense), until they have fixed your car.

If they refuse your request, tell them you want to speak to a supervisor, and then the owner of the dealership. Tell them you want their refusal in writing so you can show it to your lawyer.

Let's suppose that the dealer and Honda turn down your request for a loaner, and then later, your wife is killed by the defect (just a hypo, dude. I hope your wife lives until 115). Guess who's getting sued to oblivion? Yeah, they don't want that.

Honda was offering loaners a few years ago, so I'd think they'd still be offering them now. And I had the same situation: parts not in yet. Hey, not my problem. Give me a loaner, or talk to my lawyer.
That's a good idea. It's really bullshit that they announced this in May, didn't send her a notice that hers was included in the recall until July, and we're now 7+ weeks since her original appointment with no solution in sight.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
With a new car you have even more rights.
That's a good idea. It's really bullshit that they announced this in May, didn't send her a notice that hers was included in the recall until July, and we're now 7+ weeks since her original appointment with no solution in sight.
Since you have a new car, here's more on warranties:

Express warranties from Honda on your CR-V

Warranty

Honda Limited Warranty
3-Year 36,000-Mile Limited Vehicle Warranty:
All new Honda vehicles are covered by a 3-Year/36,000-Mile Limited Warranty, plus a 5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty.

5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty:
All new Honda vehicles are covered by a 3-Year/36,000-Mile Limited Warranty, plus a 5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty.

Accessory Limited Warranty
Honda Genuine Accessories installed at time of vehicle purchase are covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty. Installation or use of non-Honda-genuine accessories that results in vehicle damage is not covered under otherwise applicable warranties. Learn more.

Replacement Parts Limited Warranty:
Honda Genuine Parts are covered for 1 year. The warranty coverage for replacement parts purchased from and installed by a Honda dealer includes parts replacement and labor.

Remanufactured Parts Limited Warranty:
Every Honda Genuine Remanufactured Part is backed nationwide for 3 years or 36,000 miles.

5-Year Unlimited-Miles Corrosion Limited Warranty

Please see your Honda dealer for details.
https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v#

From Nolo, the basics of express and implied warranties for automobiles:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/car-warranties-basics-29598.html

Last edited: