FU I-95 from Norfolk to D.C.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Going to start this off saying, I'm a good driver. Clean record. No accidents. I will almost always let the other person go first. I'm driving Miss Daisey over here. Well...... we just spent a great week of sun and fun in Salvo located on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. One of our favorite places to vacation. We pack our car up on Saturday morning, say goodbye to the two other couples we rented a huge house with and hit the road. We were fine with driving till we hit the tunnell in Norfolk Va. to go under the bay. Once we got through to the other side it was full fucking contact driving. It's a really long strech of highway with no real places for cops to hide so there no risk of getting popped for speeding or wreckless driving. It turned into the wild west for 100 miles. Your screaming along at 80 MPH at one moment then slamming on the brakes down to 25 MPH or slower for no real appearnt reason. Theres no accidents, theres noone getting pulled over. no speed traps. Just pure fucking insanity. At one point, about 30 miles outside of D.C. traffic comes to a complete stop. A huge storm was crossing the road in Montgomery County about 20 miles down the road, the Redskins were having a game, beach traffic, and just the regular load of traffic were just clogging up the road. I was at a full stop when I looked into the rear view mirror. There was a Carolla hurtling at me at 70MPH and my brain snapped and said theres no fucking way this car is going to stop in time and I could see this guy was eating a sandwich and just not paying attention. He thew his sandwich up into the air inside his car, grabbed the wheel with both hands and stood on the breaks, I swear his front bumper touched the road and the smoke started rolling off the tires and I could see the car starting to turn sideways. I'm 37, and I screamed like a 7 year old girl and braced for impact. I watch as his car slid sideways and stopped two inches from my back bumper with his passenger side door. Then traffic started to move again, very slowly. I pulled away from him as he was completely 90 degrees sideways to the rest of traffic behind him. We made it around D.C. to Germantown, stopped at Starbucks, grabbed a coffee and then made it home. 100 miles took 3.5 hours. Fuck you to the drunk fuck who created the inner and outter loop and decided to stick the only north/south interstate right through the middle of it all. And to those of you who live in D.C. you have my deepest condolences and I hope you get out soon.

Rob

Lingerrring Longerrr
Wackbag Staff
Aug 12, 2002
Brainerd, MN
i can't stand that stretch of road... especially from the beginning of virginia to the end of that fuckin place... if i could, i would drive around that state...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
my dad used to drive to Fl all the time. he used to some how avoid the mess, buy going west before going south, another thing he used to do was drive avoid the belt way and just go right thew the city

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
There was a Carolla hurtling at me at 70MPH and my brain snapped and said theres no fucking way this car is going to stop in time and I could see this guy was eating a sandwich and just not paying attention.
Was that an Adam Carolla? :action-sm

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Had it been an Adam Carolla, it would have crashed and bust into flames before it got to me not causing a threat to me nor anyone else.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Speaking of which, I was in Corolla while you were down there as well. Where is Salvo?

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
South through Duck, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Left onto Rt 12, just before you get to the long bridge to Manteo. 27 miles ahead. Rodanthe/Salvo/Waves. If you kept going straight, well you kinda of have to go straight considering theres only one road, then long strech to Avon, then Buxton, where Cape Hatteras light house is.

What was kind of odd was that every kid working in almost every store was a Russian or Ukrianian.

Jan 6, 2006
I drove through Virginia coming from Alabama to New York on I-78. I took me 6 hours to get through the state.

Virginia is my most hated state, followed by Tennessee.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
What was kind of odd was that every kid working in almost every store was a Russian or Ukrianian.
Yeah I noticed that as well, especially at the better supermarkets like harris teeter. anything to stay off the pole I guess... mrr mrrrrpph

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Did that trip but going from DC to Norfolk and it blew my fucking mind. We were going 72mph and then came up to a traffic jam. The jam would last about 1 mile then go back up to 65mph for about 3 miles then bam another traffic jam. THERE WERE NO ACCIDENTS. Why the fuck they jammed up is beyond me. 2 and a half hours of that bullshit made my sanity drift away quite a bit that day.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Did that trip but going from DC to Norfolk and it blew my fucking mind. We were going 72mph and then came up to a traffic jam. The jam would last about 1 mile then go back up to 65mph for about 3 miles then bam another traffic jam. THERE WERE NO ACCIDENTS. Why the fuck they jammed up is beyond me. 2 and a half hours of that bullshit made my sanity drift away quite a bit that day.
That's anywhere on 95 from Maine to Florida, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week