OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

FU Knee

Discussion in 'What the F??!?' started by frankjg, Jun 10, 2013.

1. frankjg

frankjg doG

Fucked my knee up real good while ice skating with the kids yesterday. Apparently I'm not 20 anymore and shouldn't do stupid shit on the ice.

I tried to do a transition, my left foot stayed planted and my body spun... what a lovely popping sound that made.

Now I'm sitting in the er with a knee 3x the size it should be. And I have to fly to Vegas this morning for a conference.

owie

2. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Want me to hold your hand? Dude? Pray for you?

jnoble likes this.
  3. frankjg

frankjg doG

How about a reach around? I'm kind of bored here.

4. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Sucks getting old eh...

5. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

The best part about getting hurt when you're old... It takes much longer to heal. If it heals right.. but you'll be telling how you hurt it as it aches a bit until the end..

Enjoy and feel better.

6. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Yep... I haven't had lower back issues for years... took apart a snow blower last week and tweaked my back. Had to see the Chiropractor twice... and I have this lumbar support belt thing now for when it is acting up.

7. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Walk it off, Nancy.

[​IMG]

8. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHHHHHYYYYYYY?

9. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

CM Mark and weeniewawa like this.
  10. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

I tore my ACL, PCL, MCL, and meniscus in 08. I'm about 75% after all this time, and that's about as good as it gets. I hope yours isn't that bad.

11. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

That happened to my friend in high school playing football. He got hit high low in a playoff game. Beings the school paid for it he got the best dr in tye tri state area to do it.
    I tore my acl in a car accident. It feels as stable as it did before but im very tentative to push it. Im afraid it will give out again.

12. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Once your knee is fucked with, it will never be the same, even after my ACL replacement and meniscus repair. I still have ongoing pops and clunks, the occasional ache, and skin numbness over the patella tendon harvest area.

13. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

I didnt have to have a replacement as my acl wasnt fully ruptured like yours was. Mine was hanging on by a few threads so they sewed it back together. Thats why im tentative because scar tissue isnt as strong. If I had a replacement I wouldnt care because the new one is anchored with screws and was never cut in the middle
    I do have the pops and clicks and soreness when it rains like you though

14. gleet

I had my meniscus removed in '95 and I'm seriously starting to consider a knee replacement. I want to hold off as long as possible because the fake ones also wear out, but the real one has been trash for quite a few years.

15. gleet

16. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

I live in constant fear that one, or more, of my knees is going to up and shit the bed.

They're both mostly fine right now... I get some twinges of pain and some mostly-constant mild soreness when I'm running my training schedule of about 15-25 miles/week... but that's to be expected when you're 45+ and doing that much running.

I do lot' of lunges and knee-strengthing exercises to keep the muscle tone... the best way to protect your knees.

And I've stopped doing the "dumb shit" that can fuck a knee up royally... doing my backflips, skiing moguls, doing those goofy "warrior runs" and "mud runs". I want my knees to last, and I certainly don't want to seriously fuck them up by doing some seriously dumb shit... living with that regret would just suck.

Please bow your heads, and join me in praying for my knees.

Mighty Odin,

Watch over my knees and bring me war.

Amen.

17. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Fixed for accuracy

18. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

My knees are a little tweaked due to years of walking on concrete floors setting up stores etc... and prob doesn't help that our house is just on a slab. Prob going to eventually put down cork as carpet really doesn't work with two dogs.

19. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

I cracked the pattela in my left knee almost 8 yrs ago skateboarding, still sometimes aches like a mother fucker. Doctor said had it been cracked a couple more millimeters it would have meant surgery. Apparently the pattela doesn't get enough blood flow to heal relative to a bone that is structural rather than one that's there to protect our moving bits. As I ease into my early/mid forties I wonder if it will ever heal, or will it be like my left hip, left ribs and extra testicle. All injuries I endured as a teen/20 something.

20. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

What were you doing skateboarding in your mid 30s is the real question

21. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

80 lb pit bull that loved to run. Long board and a strong leash. I live in a hilly area, she loved it. I miss that dog.

22. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Glad I waited for answer before calling you a faggot. This is acceptable

23. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

When I buckled shit I never let go of the leash, she stopped and came right back to check.

24. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

Please, call me a faggot, the only dog in my house now is a yorkiepoo. He's a good dog (wifes dog). Gonna wait and see what pops up as far as a new puppy. Back to knees, mine sunburn like an irish/swedish/scottish/german guy. WTF? Oh wait....my bad.

25. Lil'GlubGlub

Lil'GlubGlub meaty breasted zilch

I tore my mcl over 10 yrs ago in an accident in a store, where I was a customer. They were getting a delivery and the driver didn't lower the pallett jack. The load shifted and approx. 150 lbs of baking products came down on my knee. For 5 mos. my Dr. insisted it was just an inflammation. Finally his nurse practitioner sent me for an mri.

Knee was scoped and felt great after PT, until 6 yrs ago when I had a slip and fall at work and fucked both knees up. No surgery required but, I was on workmans comp, working partial days and doing a shit ton of PT for about 4 mos. I am about 80%. I have good days and bad days. But being in the food biz and working a ton of hrs on my feet every day, it's usually more bad than good.