FU "Mans Man" Commercials

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I don't know if it's because I'm not a Lumberjack Man's Man, but it seems like every other commercial lately is marketed to "Not Being A Fagot".

Dial Soap has these stupid shirt and tie wearing shitdicks marching around like queers telling everyone to scrub their "Mansuits" (Yech) and how this soap is manly and not girly or flowery.

That one beer commercial has a giant can kill someone if they don't have skoal dripping out of their retard mouth and a bass fishing hat one while they're bench pressing boulders. It's apparently gay to pet a dog or buy anything other than Milwaukee's Best (YOU should be killed if you buy that beer)

And then there's the stupid Hardees commercials where the man is too retarded to make his own breakfast, he's looking to make some sort of Jello and Milk sandwich because men are so retarded. Thank God there's a Hardees, otherwise men would starve. Hahahahaha Hillarious.
He can't figure out the oven, so he has his magazines in the oven, why not it's been rendered useless.

It's like everything on Tv is this way, the stupid fat white guy in the sitcom who can't do anything without his wife or kid's help. Or is always hurting himself.

For some reason I find it annoying.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Once upon a time, women were the ones who always needed help from the men in their lives. Women were portrayed as the "weaker" sex - too stupid to even know that when the gas gauge is on E it means you need gas. Traditionally ad men and tv writers were male.

So my guess is that these new commercials & tv shows are being written by women and this is their revenge. :action-sm

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I think a lot of those are written to make it seem ok for women to either buy those brands for men or to go along with the decision men make to buy them.

I doubt they are a table-turning thing by female ad execs, I think they are just something that is working for the time being. I wouldn't even be surprised if a guy came up with the idea. Money rules. People are idiots.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think a lot of those are written to make it seem ok for women to either buy those brands for men or to go along with the decision men make to buy them.

I doubt they are a table-turning thing by female ad execs, I think they are just something that is working for the time being. I wouldn't even be surprised if a guy came up with the idea. Money rules. People are idiots.

LOL - I like my theory better :action-sm

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
LOL - I like my theory better :action-sm
Well yeah, it sounds more interesting... But as soon as you buy into the interesting aspects of any ad campaign you're already taking the bait.

As ominous as that sounds, I do realize we benefit from these leeches by learning what is available that we otherwise wouldn't be aware of.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Women are the ones who have always needed help from the men in their lives. Women are the "weaker" sex - too stupid to even know that when the gas gauge is on E it means you need gas. Traditionally ad men and tv writers were male.
:action-sm

All fixed up there for you, toots. Now don't you have some washing to do?

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Ok, now it all makes sense.
I didn't notice what Kris really meant to say, and got all caught up in looking too deep at it. Sheesh, the answers are usually so obvious.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Ummm no I didn't have the time ... I was busy changing the oil on your car.. Oh and I noticed you had a flat so I changed the tire as well. ;)

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Ok, now it all makes sense.
I didn't notice what Kris really meant to say, and got all caught up in looking too deep at it. Sheesh, the answers are usually so obvious.
never look too deeply Jack - the more deeply men look into things the more confused they get ... women are much better at it ;)

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
The worst part about all this advertising is that it makes manliness a joke. It uses the "man" prefix as a gag to make up bullshit like "mancation" "man-caves" man-this and -that.... Just so guys - (and there is a difference between guys and men) so guys can think they're men. The whole time the immasculating cunts are laughing at them and saying "oh tee hee, look - they think they're actual men for using this. Nope, they're just guys." Fuck I hate this new ad style and the pussy-whipped douches that fall for it. Just a bunch of fake store-bought machismo.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The worst part about all this advertising is that it makes manliness a joke. It uses the "man" prefix as a gag to make up bullshit like "mancation" "man-caves" man-this and -that.... Just so guys - (and there is a difference between guys and men) so guys can think they're men. The whole time the emasculating cunts are laughing at them and saying "oh tee hee, look - they think they're actual men for using this. Nope, they're just guys." Fuck I hate this new ad style and the pussy-whipped douches that fall for it. Just a bunch of fake store-bought machismo.

I hate to sound like a stupid hole, but what exactly is the difference between a man and a guy ... I use them interchangeably.

All joking aside, I think part of the problem with the ads are that they are targeted at younger guys/men/boys. Think about it - would an older guy/man really care that if he uses Product A women are going to fall all over him? Or that drinking Product B, women will think he's cool? And oh yes, a guy who has a certain cell phone is definitely going to get our attention. By the time you're in your late 20's and older you should have a basic understanding of what it really takes to attract a woman & know that while window dressing is nice women want more. A guy can wear the latest fashions, wear the latest deodorant etc and still be a jerk. Or maybe I'm an exception to the rule in the way I think.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i just like being a fucking jerk

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
The worst part about all this advertising is that it makes manliness a joke. It uses the "man" prefix as a gag to make up bullshit like "mancation" "man-caves" man-this and -that.... Just so guys - (and there is a difference between guys and men) so guys can think they're men. The whole time the immasculating cunts are laughing at them and saying "oh tee hee, look - they think they're actual men for using this. Nope, they're just guys." Fuck I hate this new ad style and the pussy-whipped douches that fall for it. Just a bunch of fake store-bought machismo.
so, I take it you don't need tag body spray to make the girlies fight over you?

TrashyMags

Jul 28, 2007
Advertising sucks, period. And I totally agree with the posters here who say manhood has been reduced to a joke.There was a big shitstorm a few years ago because the media realized that all those douchy "According to How the King of Raymond Met your Mother" shows made men infantile imbiciles who know how to make babies but are dumbfounded by fatherhood, blew off their jobs but still managed to keep them and kvetched like women about yard work.
Of course, women don't come out any better either. We're all either ball-busters, nags or (as in Desperate Housewives) dumb bitches who can't keep our legs closed. Oh wait...