FU Migranes

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Migranes....they stink and I don't like 'em.

Starts out as a headache in my left temple followed by a dump that smells like only a migrane dump can smell. Usually get the urge to rub one out too. Doesn't help though. Yawning provides a couple seconds of relief. Light, smell and sound all piss me off when I've got a migrane.

Thank goodness for Imitrex. The nasal spray usually does the trick for me. The pills don't do shit. There's also a shot that kicks ass but puts me down for about two or three hours.

No Imitrex = puking. Usually takes an hour or two after the onset of a migrane before I puke if I can't get to the Imitrex. The migrane generally goes away after a good puke.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Think migranes are bad? Ive had clucter headaches for about 9 months solid now. 2-3 a day. Each requires bottled oxygen and a pill cocktail w/ vicatin, valume (at night though I have learned to fight off its effects), migranol spray, amatryptiline, verapamil and imitrex. Still dont know what causes them or how to prevent them. last a little longer than they used to. Now they last like 4-6 minutes a piece but get the occasional 2 minute job. Its terrific lemme tell ya. http://wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=61699

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I'm right there with ya on the migraines. On the plus side I know my triggers and OTC stuff still works for me. I recently switched from Advil Migraine to Excedrine Migraine and it works just as well. If I don't take it in advance, I get the headache, a post nasal drip, which then turns into nausea & vomiting, and all I want to do is sleep. I also have light sensitivity but it's not that bad since I'm usually in a deep sleep.

May 24, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I've been battling them for two years now. Imitrex doesn't do shit for me. I have more luck with Zomig or Maxalt.

I had to make some lifstyle modifications: cut down on coffee, dramatically reduce red intake, get reading glasses, put in glare screens and reduce/eliminate flourescent lighting at work. Most importantly, I have to get a good 8 hours of sleep every night.

They've gotten a lot better finally. I only get 1 or 2 a month now compared the four or five a week at my peak.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
I've been battling them for two years now. Imitrex doesn't do shit for me. I have more luck with Zomig or Maxalt.

I had to make some lifstyle modifications: cut down on coffee, dramatically reduce red intake, get reading glasses, put in glare screens and reduce/eliminate flourescent lighting at work. Most importantly, I have to get a good 8 hours of sleep every night.

They've gotten a lot better finally. I only get 1 or 2 a month now compared the four or five a week at my peak.
I gave up caffeine for Lent once. Still got migranes. Mine seem to be triggered by lack of sleep or certain weather changes. With 3 kids, age 7 and under, and a 4th on the way, I'm pretty much screwed on the lack of sleep thing.

Anybody got a weather machine?