FU old people in the supermarket

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
I was doing some grocery shopping at Publix yesterday, and get in the line behind some old people and their grandson. Now the pace that people work is generally slower than when I lived up north, and I was already about 6th in line, no problem, that's life. So it finally gets to the grandparents, and they thought it would be just adorable if they gave the little fucker money and let him pay for his stuff seperately, then the cunt working the register thought it would add to the lil prick's experience if they let him bag his own shit. And then take plenty of time complimenting him on what a big boy he is. Please stop it with the kids, noone but you thinks it's cute or special, fuck yourself.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Fucking old fuckers with a "are you sure that is the right price and I have a coupon for that in my purse somewhere and is it ok if I pay for half of that with a out of state check and the other half in pennies and oh I guess I dont have enough money for all of that but I don't know if I should have you take off the cat food or the vienna sausages". I get in the line with four people before I get in the line where I am next behind the civel war nurse and I always finish before she does.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Back in my bachelor days, I used to go grocery shopping late at night since the supermarket was open 24/7. Hardly anyone is there at midnight or so...

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
I used to do that back in Mass, but Publix closes earlier down here, so I can't do it anymore

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
You'll get old some day if you're lucky.
Then you get to piss everyone off.
It's the circle of life.
yeah, I hope so. I was actually laughing at one of the old guys in there tonight, I was in there about 6pm he's in the back of the line just grumpy as shit, yelling it's getting late and he had to be in bed soon. :haha7:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Back in my bachelor days, I used to go grocery shopping late at night since the supermarket was open 24/7. Hardly anyone is there at midnight or so...
yea, only creepy single guys, buying bananas and vasaline :action-sm

my old lady and i used to go late at night all the time, now i just go right after work a couple times a week, it works out so much better for me. i only buy a few things at a time so i like to check out at customer service:D

Mar 17, 2006
I used to work overnight shifts exclusively and would do my food shopping at 7am when I got out. Worked for me - nobody was in the store, and the produce was fresh.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
yea, only creepy single guys, buying bananas and vasaline :action-sm

my old lady and i used to go late at night all the time, now i just go right after work a couple times a week, it works out so much better for me. i only buy a few things at a time so i like to check out at customer service:D
Hey, I thought nobody recognized me.

I use the self-checkout whenever possible, no matter whether it's at Lowe's or the supermarket. Another thing I like about off-hours shopping is that I can wander around like an old person and walk up and down the aisles slowly and look at everything.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
yea im a big fan of the self check out, i also like to make sure that i go to the young black man if there running a register, ive spent a great deal of time studying lines, they are the most efficient, no chit chat, no price checks and they rarely argue with customers, that and most old people avoid them so you can count on not having to deal with them, that and if they make an error it is always in your favor (see no price checks) they will remember the code for some thing less than 2$ and just put it in unless its very expensive, like electronics or they get paid on commission, then you have to watch em like hawks, but at the super market they just want you to get the fuck away from them, i go to the acme on the way home from work probably 3 nights a week so i have lots of experience with the super market, one night i was dog tired, had like 4 things, and some old bat was pulling her shit, i handed the casher (young black kid) 5$ and told him all i wanted to do was go home, completely ignoring the old bat, i thought she was going to shit when he took the money, gave me her change and just rang me up while she was standing there bitching at him.

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Fucking old fuckers with a "are you sure that is the right price and I have a coupon for that in my purse somewhere and is it ok if I pay for half of that with a out of state check and the other half in pennies and oh I guess I dont have enough money for all of that but I don't know if I should have you take off the cat food or the vienna sausages". I get in the line with four people before I get in the line where I am next behind the civel war nurse and I always finish before she does.
And only after everything's run through and the total is announced will they go into the deep, deep pocketbook and pull out the money and the little purse with the change in it, and count out every fucking penny. Then they spend 10 minutes getting their shit together before they will finally get the fuck out of there.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I run into that problem more at convenience stores than the supermarket. The cashier could ring up 10 people in the time it takes them to get their shit together and get out of the way.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
You'll get old some day if you're lucky.
Then you get to piss everyone off.
It's the circle of life.
I still won't be the shit dick rat cunt writing a check and not starting to fill the fucking thing out until everything has been rung up and bagged and then start looking for a pen and then have to fill in the ledger and do all the fucking math and balance the whole fucking checkbook while there is a line of five people waiting and the fucking store only has one register open and all of the self checkout things are closed because they are really just there for show and nothing else since they can naver pick up the fucking upc code like a regular register. I hope those vienna snausages are contaminated with the gay cancer.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
yea im a big fan of the self check out, i also like to make sure that i go to the young black man if there running a register, ive spent a great deal of time studying lines, they are the most efficient, no chit chat, no price checks and they rarely argue with customers, that and most old people avoid them so you can count on not having to deal with them, that and if they make an error it is always in your favor (see no price checks) they will remember the code for some thing less than 2$ and just put it in unless its very expensive, like electronics or they get paid on commission, then you have to watch em like hawks, but at the super market they just want you to get the fuck away from them, i go to the acme on the way home from work probably 3 nights a week so i have lots of experience with the super market, one night i was dog tired, had like 4 things, and some old bat was pulling her shit, i handed the casher (young black kid) 5$ and told him all i wanted to do was go home, completely ignoring the old bat, i thought she was going to shit when he took the money, gave me her change and just rang me up while she was standing there bitching at him.
I was going to ask, where do you live...but remembered, I already know.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I was going to ask, where do you live...but remembered, I already know.
hey, that was a compliment,:action-sm and yes the lilly white suburbs, i avoid the old white lady cashers like the plague, that and young girls of any color, they spend more time blabbing to the casher next to them than they do ringing up my order. people think im nuts because of my line theroy but next time you go to the market, dont just jump into line, watch them. the one being run buy the young (16-30) year old black kid will be the fastest guaranteed,

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
Hey, I thought nobody recognized me.

I use the self-checkout whenever possible, no matter whether it's at Lowe's or the supermarket. Another thing I like about off-hours shopping is that I can wander around like an old person and walk up and down the aisles slowly and look at everything.
I also prefer self check out, and two of the three supermarkets in my neighborhood have it.

Older people in line who are slow are a pain in the ass, I agree. I find another group to be even more aggravating though. The idiots who hold up the line while they're talking on cell phones. Twice I've had to say something to these jerks. It really should be the cashier's job to tell them. I just think it's ignorant, yakking away when there are three or four people waiting. Most of the conversations are meaningless and can wait until the person gets home.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
What about hip checking...that would be legal, right? "whaa"

If the puck is in play, then check the shit out of them.

You know how fra-gi-lay those old fucker's hips are. Their bones will turn to dust with the slightest tap.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I wish I could use PeaPod. I try to go before work or during my lunch hour. There's no one at my local Foodtown in the morning, and at lunch it's mostly other lunch-hour shoppers with 5 items or less.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
What I hate about our seasoned citizens, especially the fair sex, is that they've never heard of, or are frightened by, those newfangled ATM cards. They will s-l-o-w-l-y pull out their checkbook and s-l-o-w-l-y write a check in palsyed handwriting for a fucking $2 purchase. Every time.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i used to have a customer at the photo lab that used to right checks for 1.50$ she once tried to right one for 53ct, i just handed her her photos and told her that we had a 10$minimum on checks...... next week 2$....... god im glad she's dead, and i dont work there any more

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
One time this old lady in front of me paid for $20 worth of groceries with change. She just dumped all the coins out and let the cashier count it.

I felt like throwing her through the store window.

I rarely use cash. I love my debit card. It's convenient and fast

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
I don't really have much of a problem with old people....unless of course, I am running a few minutes late. They have radar for that, and will make absolutely sure that every single old fart in the entire fucking town puts themselves directly in front of me at all times, at all costs. Every single time I am running even 30 seconds late, they take it upon themselves to throw themselves directly in front of my path and SLOW DOWN, turning 30 seconds into at the very least, 5 to 10 minutes.

This could be on the road, or in the store, or anywhere. I don't know HOW they know I'm running late.... but THEY KNOW.