FU People Who Use Handkerchiefs

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I don't know why this is still a habit among so many people.

Since the invention of tissues (as in Kleenex), we have been able to blow our nose and properly dispose of our nasal discharge in a polite manner.

So why the FUCK do people still carry around a handkerchief?

The handkerchief is probably the most disgusting thing ever invented. You blow your nose in it and instead of disposing of it, you put it back in your pocket and carry it with you throughout the day so the mucus can develop into a crusty mess. Then, when you take it out and open it up again, your crusty snot spreads through the air like fucking anthrax.

I CRINGE whenever I see someone pull out a hankie they've been using all day and rub their face all over their previous evacuations, only to place it in their pocket again so they can repeat this disgusting activity later.

USE KLEENEX, YOU FUCKING SAVAGES.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i use one, sorry,

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
As long as they're not offering me their soiled hankie I don't care what people use to blow their noses. What's really gross is when they don't have tissues or a handkerchief and use their sleeve. I'd rather see someone use the handkerchief than their sleeve

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
As long as they're not offering me their soiled hankie I don't care what people use to blow their noses. What's really gross is when they don't have tissues or a handkerchief and use their sleeve. I'd rather see someone use the handkerchief than their sleeve
You think that's bad?

My dad uses his BARE HANDS, then wipes it on his jeans.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
You think that's bad?

My dad uses his BARE HANDS, then wipes it on his jeans.
ive been known to shoot snot rockets now and then, hey i work in a really dusty environment.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
I've seen people do that in the pool - they'll blow their noses in their hands and then "rinse" their hands in the water.
This is one among many reasons I never go to any public pool, country club pool, or water park.

The #1 reason being little kids shitting and pissing in the water.

Don't give me that "chlorine disinfects it" horseshit, because the principle of it outweighs the science.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Shooter...I'm with you 100% on this one mister!

Use a disposable tissue, throw away the germs, don't put them back in your pocket to contaminate you change that will be circulated...

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Who the fuck are you hanging around? I haven't seen anyone us a handkerchief in at least 15 years.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Who the fuck are you hanging around? I haven't seen anyone us a handkerchief in at least 15 years.
Oh people still use them sir.

For example, one of my friends in high school used one. I gave him shit about it all the time and his only argument was, "I wash it every day"

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
My gramps uses one and it makes me cringe! But I can't see a guy who was ducking snipers in Okinawa during the Sugar Loaf Hill Battle in WWII blowing his nose with faggy kleenex.

I wish he'd use paper towels or something!

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Fuck people who still haven't yet figured out the common courtesy to not watch when someone else is blowing their nose, regardless of what they're using. How are some people so clueless?

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Fuck people who still haven't yet figured out the common courtesy to not watch when someone else is blowing their nose, regardless of what they're using. How are some people so clueless?
Normally, the nose-blower has the courtesy to excuse themselves, rather than whipping out their awful handkerchief and start blowing right there in front of everyone. You can't NOT look.

It's like a fart. If you do it near someone, they are going to smell it. 'Cept farts are funner :p

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Handkerchief...isn't that a very antiquated tool...i can see before the advent of tissues but for fuck's sake it just seems a little primative these days...my boss busts his out in meetings and i cringe

Nov 29, 2006
FL
And why does everyone examine their snot after blowing their nose?

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
And why does everyone examine their snot after blowing their nose?
If it's discolored you could have some sort of cold or infection.

Same reason you look at toilet paper after you wipe.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
If it's discolored you could have some sort of cold or infection.

Same reason you look at toilet paper after you wipe.
I don't need to look at a snotrag or shitty toilet paper to know if I have a cold. Flush it or toss it and be done with it. But that's just me, I guess.

edit: and the reason for looking at the TP when you wipe your ass is to know when your asshole is clean. The same logic doesn't apply to examining your mucus.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
just the thought of this thread makes me want to gag. my pops still uses a handkerchief and it is disgusting... but its better than snot hanging outta your nose.

still_smoking

Apr 24, 2007
orange county, new york
Kleenex is a wonderful invention. I remember as a kid my Grandfather always carried a hanky aroung with him. I didn't think they still made them (miss ss)

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
I don't need to look at a snotrag or shitty toilet paper to know if I have a cold. Flush it or toss it and be done with it. But that's just me, I guess.

edit: and the reason for looking at the TP when you wipe your ass is to know when your asshole is clean. The same logic doesn't apply to examining your mucus.
I guess that's true, but if you see blood on your TP you know there's a problem.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I just pick up a pair of underwear off the floor and blow into that.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Maybe it's more convenient to carry a handkerchief than tissues? Women have handbags to throw tissues in, but what do men have?

And on the tissue issue - Puffs are 1000% better than Kleenex in humble opinion

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Maybe it's more convenient to carry a handkerchief than tissues? Women have handbags to throw tissues in, but what do men have?
A fuckin trash can.

You throw your snot rags in your purse? That's disgusting.

*EDIT*

I'm a dummy. Thought you meant when you're done with it.

Well, guys have pockets. They make little packs of kleenex that you can fit in your pocket.

And there's always the option of going to the bathroom and using toilet paper or a paper towel.

I don't have kleenex in my apartment, so I go to the bathroom and grab some toilet paper.