FU Retailers

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
Holy shit, they just couldn't wait. I went to Wal-Mart to cash in on %50 off Halloween candy. 3 aisles of Christmas crap that wasn't there yesterday was in its place. I must have seen at least 10 "buy this for your wife for Christmas or else you don't love her" commercials. XM already has Christmas music. Cracker Barrel had stuff out around labor day.

I know this as been covered before, and I celebrate Christmas, but I am sick and tired of it being shoved down our throats for 2 solid months. Instead of enjoying it, I can't wait for it to be over.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
I dunno. It is Nov 1st. 50 days or so away? I dont see why its that big a deal now. Its Labor Day that pisses me off when I start seeing shit.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I went to the movies last Sunday...they were playing Christmas music in the theatre. I'm waiting for the announcement that a radio station has already gone all Christmas music.

I don't want to get into a religious debate, but Christmas has become much too secular and much too commercial. The original meaning of the holyday has been lost. You can't blame just the retailers though - consumers have bought into the hype, so we're just as much to blame.

I went to Wal-Mart
There's your first mistake.

But yes. Every year it gets earlier and earlier. I remember when I was a kid You had Halloween and everyone spent a few weeks until Thanksgiving. They lit the tree in Rockefeller Center, we all watched, and a couple days later the race was on.

Nowadays before the first leaf turns half brown they load all this garbage out and jam it down our throats.

It sucks.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I took Pics on my Cell 3 Weeks ago of stores with Xmas stuff up and for sale. WalMart starts thier Holiday Xmas season this Friday, I was just reading about it.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
retailers prepare months in advance for xmas. Can't blame 'em.

highest suicide rate too.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I took Pics on my Cell 3 Weeks ago of stores with Xmas stuff up and for sale. WalMart starts thier Holiday Xmas season this Friday, I was just reading about it.
With a special "secret" sale that starts at 8 AM - you can buy an ACER 1gb laptop computer for under $400. Limited quantities but it's the perfect gift for that special someone

:icon_roll

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
Sep 3, 2004
near philly
I went to the movies last Sunday...they were playing Christmas music in the theatre. I'm waiting for the announcement that a radio station has already gone all Christmas music.
XM started today

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
If this is the biggest problem in your life, then life is good.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Oh and has anyone gone into a Lowes in the last month. They have more Holiday items for sale then tools at this point. I counted 6 rows of stuff from ornaments to trees.

PSYCHOMARKFAN

Jan 22, 2005
Richmond Hill, Queens NY
Guys,

Take it from someone who works in Retail and not just any retail outlet but the biggest, fucking retailer in the country MACY'S. The worst offender in this whole fucking christmas thing. I mean our christmas section was up and running by the beginning of OCTOBER with all the fake trees and decorations up for sale, and of course OUR decorations were just finished being put up today and by December 26th they've already taken just about everything down before even the new year comes up. I deal with all these idiots who tell to smile at the customers and say "have a happy holiday" but what if they're jewish or hindu or muslim(heathens) and they don't celebrate christmas??? Last year, the store which i work in was open 24/7 for the last week before christmas and since they took in a fucking shitload of money...THEY'RE FUCKING DOING IT AGAIN!!!! God, i FUCKING HATE WORKING RETAIL, and with any luck this year will be my LAST:mad4: I totally forgot that i work in the Queens Center Mall location of Macy's in the stock area of women's shoes but i have to be around these shitdicks that float around with their "happy faces" UGH!!

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Guys,

Take it from someone who works in Retail and not just any retail outlet but the biggest, fucking retailer in the country MACY'S. The worst offender in this whole fucking christmas thing. I mean our christmas section was up and running by the beginning of OCTOBER with all the fake trees and decorations up for sale, and of course OUR decorations were just finished being put up today and by December 26th they've already taken just about everything down before even the new year comes up. I deal with all these idiots who tell to smile at the customers and say "have a happy holiday" but what if they're jewish or hindu or muslim(heathens) and they don't celebrate christmas??? Last year, the store which i work in was open 24/7 for the last week before christmas and since they took in a fucking shitload of money...THEY'RE FUCKING DOING IT AGAIN!!!! God, i FUCKING HATE WORKING RETAIL, and with any luck this year will be my LAST:mad4: I totally forgot that i work in the Queens Center Mall location of Macy's in the stock area of women's shoes but i have to be around these shitdicks that float around with their "happy faces" UGH!!
I worked retail for 13 years - (Fortunoff & Macy's Roosevelt Field). I do not miss it one bit.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I had a summer job one at a card store in a mall. They started putting out Christmas shit in July. And people came in to buy the shit as soon as it got put out.

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
Saw candy canes at Acme today. Local malls are already decorated.

Sinn has exactly 10,000 more posts than me as I posted this.

Fuckin creepy post whore.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Guys,

Take it from someone who works in Retail and not just any retail outlet but the biggest, fucking retailer in the country MACY'S.
Not to be Tommy Technical, but Macy's isn't the biggest retailer in the country.

Federated Dept. Stores doesn't even make the top 5 anymore.

Worldwide, it doesn't even make the top 40.

So, I'm hoping that's not just some bullshit they fed you at a sales meeting.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Not to be Tommy Technical, but Macy's isn't the biggest retailer in the country.

Federated Dept. Stores doesn't even make the top 5 anymore.

Worldwide, it doesn't even make the top 40.

So, I'm hoping that's not just some bullshit they fed you at a sales meeting.
Probably a STOCK SALES meeting. Radio Shack used to lay down a nice line of bullshit at their quarterly sales meeting/buy our stock meeting.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Kmart and Sears had to have their Christmas tree displays up by the end of September.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
Guys,

I take my hat off to anyone who works in retail, especially around the holiday season. I know I would not last one day. I'm terrible at customer service and have been behind a bunch of retards in line enough times to know, I would fly off at the first one who gave me problems if I was working at the cash register.

I also do not like when the malls and stores start playing Christmas music in October. When I was a kid there was no advertising, Christmas music or anything else until Thanksgiving was out of the way.

AND what is with these people who get to stores at 2 a.m. for a 4 a.m. opening? Then when the doors open it looks like a herd of stampeding cattle (literally because some of them are as big as cows).

Those people who protest about saying Happy Holidays as opposed to Merry Christmas should get on these retailers about how early they kick off the shopping season

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
Yeah I work retail. It fucking sucks! Christmas is such a trivial, materialistic, shallow, BULLSHIT holiday that I am quickly starting to hate it.