FU seeing people you don't care about...

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
So I just went to 7-11 to buy some cereal and some vitamin water. I see this dude I used to play soccer with. Of course you have to say hi because you're the only two fucking people in the whole place. Then it's the "what are you up to now?" conversation. Then the "How's your family?". Then "Alright man, let me get goin... good seeing you, say hi to everyone"

I just wanna get some fucking Raisin Bran and be on my way.

Anyone else with me on the pointless "Hey I haven't seen you in 10 years, and rightfully so, but I'm still gonna be polite" conversation?

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
I'm with ya, Brother. . . I live in a small town and have been working at a local bank for over 16 years now. . . needless to say I'm known by a few people about town. I can't stick my fucking head into a grocery store or Walmart without having a literally dodge people before they see me to make any kind of time getting in and out of there. Fuck!!!:mad4:

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Wow... that's even worse.

If it's someone I haven't seen in a while that I was somewhat casual with in the past but not great friends with, I wouldn't mind talking for a couple minutes.

circpro

No Complaints here
I recently got an email from someone I went to high school with.... We weren't close but we hung out at the same parties and shit like that nothing that would make me want to look her up...

The short "I think you have me confused" reply ended that one...

I have never sat down and thought about looking up some long lost acquaintance.. who cares that much..........

I hate running in to people I went to highschool with.
It's either the 'We both know we know eachother, but we'll pretend we don't know eachother and awkward avoid conversation or being next to eachother'

Or the "Hey, so did you graduate.. oh yeah.. what degree... got a job?"

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
Oh man I hate that shit. If I'm out and I see someone that even looks familiar, I do as much ducking and jiving as I possibly can to avoid having them see me.

Better yet, running into my old bus partner with drum corps, who I haven't seen in a year, and they act like they don't even know me.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
humph, i guess im "that guy" i like seeing old acquaintance im the small talk guy, im also in local business, so im a bit of a whore and always looking to take the cash from the rubes, and it works, ive gotten plenty of business from old acquaintances that i run into in bars, wawa, craft shows ect..... hell i cruze myspace looking for people. after highschool i only hung around with one or two people, now i dont really hang around at all with anyone, i have few to no friends. i guess thats good, cuz im not really looking for any

Joe Avezzano

I think Larry David covered this on his show - I think it was called the "Stop & Chat." But they are awful. Neither of you care enough to talk before, now you're suddenly long-lost friends. If you were such good friends, it wouldn't have been 10 years since you contacted each other. But you have to talk, because if you just made eye contact and didn't say anything, it would be a little weird.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
humph, i guess im "that guy" i like seeing old acquaintance im the small talk guy, im also in local business, so im a bit of a whore and always looking to take the cash from the rubes, and it works, ive gotten plenty of business from old acquaintances that i run into in bars, wawa, craft shows ect..... hell i cruze myspace looking for people. after highschool i only hung around with one or two people, now i dont really hang around at all with anyone, i have few to no friends. i guess thats good, cuz im not really looking for any
But see that's different, your conversation has the potential to get you somewhere with your business. Mine just prevents me from eating my cereal sooner!
I think Larry David covered this on his show - I think it was called the "Stop & Chat." But they are awful. Neither of you care enough to talk before, now you're suddenly long-lost friends. If you were such good friends, it wouldn't have been 10 years since you contacted each other. But you have to talk, because if you just made eye contact and didn't say anything, it would be a little weird.
Exactly. You worded it better than I did.

Bill

I'm horrible with names & faces. I can't remember the names of people that I met last week, much less people that I knew 20+ years ago. I was also the quarterback of my high school football team. So, a lot of people who I didn't know at all, knew who I was. That's not only from my own class, but from classes a year ahead of me and the two years behind me.

More often than not, if I meet someone from high school, I have to fake the conversation while I'm trying to figure out who the hell the other person is. Even if they tell me their name, I end up trying to remember exactly where I know them from. Were they in a class with me? Did I play any sports with them? Were they friends of my sister's?

My goal ends up being trying to get through the conversation without embarrassing either one of us.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I'm fortunate in that my appearance has changed quite a bit since I was say in high school. My hair has gotten alot darker, and I wear it differently now than I did back then. I also somehow grew a few inches since high school graduation and still had a babyface until I hit my 20's. I was about 5'8" when I graduated but am like 5'11" now. Plus. it's 17 years later. I haven't gone to a single reunion because I went through high school with a bunch of pompus assholes. Only person I really care to see if one of my best friends who was just in my wedding last year. Everyone else can pretty much go screw.

I never forget a face, and I recognize alot of people from past history and unless they give me "the look" or something, I don't do anything about it. But if some jackass is staring me, I'll make sure I let them know that I know exactly who they are.