FU to allergies!!!

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
I haven't stopped sneezing since I woke up and I left my allergy medication at work.. fuck me for that one.
I just blew out both my ears trying to blow my nose to no avail. So now not only can I NOT breathe, I also can't hear either!
To top it all off, my sinuses are starting to get clogged up and if I don't take my allergy medication soon, I'm going to develop the worst sinus headache ever. I don't know about anyone else, but once I get the sinus headache, no amount of pills makes the pain go away. I always have to head it off at the pass.
This sucks. :(

thetick130

Trying hard not to kill my dog
i fucking despise when alergy season rears its goddamned head and makes my nose bleed when i breath

Re: Sinus headache:

Try and use HYPERtonic saline solution, not the regular isotonic. It MUST be hypertonic, which is concentrated salt. It can alleviate much of the symptomology of sinusitis accompanied by headache by shrinking the tissues that are filled with mucous. The hypertonic salt feels a bit harsh in the beginning, but is benign, as it draws fluid out of the goblet cells in the mucosa. The tissues shrink over time, you blow out mucous (concentrated salt also breaks down mucous that is generally impervious to acids and bases) and you're left to break again.

Common companies are:
Ent-Sol
Salt Aire
AYR

But you have to make sure it's HYPERtonic. Most of AYR is iso, with a couple that are hypertonic. I think all of EntSol is hypertonic, but pharmacies commonly stock and order a $20 douching device, while they have lesser known pump bottles that should be about $6 under the NDC# 00482-3100-01

Saltaire makes refill bottles that are almost a quart, so when the saline in the bottle becomes scuzzy, I clean and disinfect it and refill with saltaire, which is a bargain at about $11 for the near quart bottle.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Is there any medication that works? I've tried everything... over-the-counter and otherwise.

The best any of them do for me is just take the edge off my misery. None of them really "cure" me.

Fucking allergies suck a mop. I'm almost happy when the snow starts falling.

thetick130

zyrtec (spelling?) used to work for me very well. but thats a perscription. its really strong though, you cant mix with ever tylanol or youll fucking OD

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
Re: Sinus headache:

Try and use HYPERtonic saline solution, not the regular isotonic. It MUST be hypertonic, which is concentrated salt. It can alleviate much of the symptomology of sinusitis accompanied by headache by shrinking the tissues that are filled with mucous. The hypertonic salt feels a bit harsh in the beginning, but is benign, as it draws fluid out of the goblet cells in the mucosa. The tissues shrink over time, you blow out mucous (concentrated salt also breaks down mucous that is generally impervious to acids and bases) and you're left to break again.

Common companies are:
Ent-Sol
Salt Aire
AYR

But you have to make sure it's HYPERtonic. Most of AYR is iso, with a couple that are hypertonic. I think all of EntSol is hypertonic, but pharmacies commonly stock and order a $20 douching device, while they have lesser known pump bottles that should be about $6 under the NDC# 00482-3100-01

Saltaire makes refill bottles that are almost a quart, so when the saline in the bottle becomes scuzzy, I clean and disinfect it and refill with saltaire, which is a bargain at about $11 for the near quart bottle.
No way dude.. if that's a "ocean water" nose spray FUCK THAT! I tried that ONCE and I swear my brain was bleeding.
Is there any medication that works? I've tried everything... over-the-counter and otherwise.

The best any of them do for me is just take the edge off my misery. None of them really "cure" me.

Fucking allergies suck a mop. I'm almost happy when the snow starts falling.
Allegra-D works wonders.. but with a $40 co-payment, I'll suffer.

zyrtec (spelling?) used to work for me very well. but thats a perscription. its really strong though, you cant mix with ever tylanol or youll fucking OD
What pharmacology book did you get this from? Chilton's Dodge Caravan repair manual?

thetick130

What pharmacology book did you get this from? Chilton's Dodge Caravan repair manual?
no you ass cave, your mother perscribed it right before i blew a heaping load of corn filled shit into her mouth

NuttyJim

i get 12 hour claritin D and it works well

funnybonez

Registered abUser
You need to rotate the different brands of allergy medicine. Your body become immune. This year I'm trying pure honey... So far, not as bad of an allergy season.

funnybonez

Registered abUser
What a waist of my 1000 posts on this thread... Where's the sex video thread?