FU to indecisiveness

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Ok. So I've known for months now that I'm going to Paris in July. My nephew is getting baptized then.

Paris in July = expensive plane tickets. So I needed to get the tickets early, right?

Well, first it was going to be my entire family going. So I waited for my parents to make up their mind. Then my niece was going to come back to the States with us. Then she wasn't. Then my parents weren't going anymore. Then they were.

Dicking around for months, until they finally figured out that only I am going and that I'm not bringing my niece back to the US this summer.

Result: a plane ticket that would have cost ~$800 a few months ago cost me $1300 today. All because my fucking family can't make a damned decision so they dick around for months about bullshit.

Oh, and now I have an 18 hour layover in Munich on the way back. Which is just annoying as hell, though I figure I can find something to do in Germany for a day.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Doesn't help that the Euro is taking a shit right now. Should be ok for you when you get there, but it's screwing up airfares right now.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Ok. So I've known for months now that I'm going to Paris in July. My nephew is getting baptized then.

Paris in July = expensive plane tickets. So I needed to get the tickets early, right?

Well, first it was going to be my entire family going. So I waited for my parents to make up their mind. Then my niece was going to come back to the States with us. Then she wasn't. Then my parents weren't going anymore. Then they were.

Dicking around for months, until they finally figured out that only I am going and that I'm not bringing my niece back to the US this summer.

Result: a plane ticket that would have cost ~$800 a few months ago cost me $1300 today. All because my fucking family can't make a damned decision so they dick around for months about bullshit.

Oh, and now I have an 18 hour layover in Munich on the way back. Which is just annoying as hell, though I figure I can find something to do in Germany for a day.
Enjoy the shitty legroom on Lufthansa! Their food is great and the flight attendants are hot though

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Was there ever a question that you were going? If not why didn't you just buy your ticket and leave it to your family to coordinate the flight with yours?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I was going to post a well thought out response to this predicament but I'm just not sure I can commit to it. FU indecisiveness!

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Decided to spring for a room at the at-airport hotel. Appx $200 for a 5 star hotel sin't too bad, especially compared to the $300 or so for list price on all the sites.

You can game Priceline a little, especially when there's a 5 star in an area where there aren't any others. You just zero in on that region, add other regions that don't have a 5 star, and you can get a decent price. Works for areas that have a 4 star or whatever as their best hotel, too, of course.

Now I'll have a place to crash and bring hookers back to. Any suggestions on that front?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Decided to spring for a room at the at-airport hotel. Appx $200 for a 5 star hotel sin't too bad, especially compared to the $300 or so for list price on all the sites.

You can game Priceline a little, especially when there's a 5 star in an area where there aren't any others. You just zero in on that region, add other regions that don't have a 5 star, and you can get a decent price. Works for areas that have a 4 star or whatever as their best hotel, too, of course.

Now I'll have a place to crash and bring hookers back to. Any suggestions on that front?
No wonder people are always confusing you with Neon. :action-sm

VMS

Apr 26, 2006