FU to leaves

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
It's taking forever this year for the leaves to fall. I cleared my yard yesterday, and ended up doing it again today because so many more fell. By this time of year, usually they are almost completely down.

Fuck it. I am not doing it again until the trees are bare.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i have never raked leaves my black walnut tree's drop there leaves in august and every one lands in my gutters

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
It's taking forever this year for the leaves to fall. I cleared my yard yesterday, and ended up doing it again today because so many more fell. By this time of year, usually they are almost completely down.

Fuck it. I am not doing it again until the trees are bare.
I always wait til the trees are clear. I'm not doing it several times for the trees and the wind to just fill up my yard again. Once is enough.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
i have never raked leaves my black walnut tree's drop there leaves in august and every one lands in my gutters
About 1/2 of our leaves used to end up in the gutters, before we spent the $$ on Gutter Helmet. Now, all of them end up on the ground.

I always wait til the trees are clear. I'm not doing it several times for the trees and the wind to just fill up my yard again. Once is enough.
That was my intention. I took my leafblower in for repair last week because it wouldn't start. They called me the other day and told me the engine was shot and not worth fixing. So, I just bought a new leafblower yesterday and of course had to try it out. The intention was to just blow the shit off the patio and out of the driveway, but ended up doing the whole property. I am going to wait until they are all down and then I'll do the whole property again. In the meantime, I'll just blow the leaves off the patio/driveway/walkway and into the grass.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I usually fill (packed as tight as I can) upwards of 50 paper lawn bags in the fall. So far I have done 21 (last week) and it looks like a lot of trees are holding their leaves. I am not looking forward to finishing, so I am going to wait until the trees are bare.

F U Leaves, indeed!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I actually miss raking leaves...
We used to compost them at the back of the yard with the mower cuttings.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Fuck bagging.

I got a 5hp gas-powered leaf shredder that I was going to sell until I used it yesterday and my father talked me out of it because he saw how great it works and implied that he wants to borrow it so I better not sell it.

My new wheeled leafblower can also vac/shred and bag leaves so thats why I was thinking I could sell this other thing. I blew all the leaves into a big windrow in the backyard and then just ran them through the shredder which really pulverizes them, almost turns them into powder. I just spread the leaf remnants evenly with a rake and let them get absorbed into the lawn. The pieces are so small that the wind can't pick them up so they don't blow anywhere, they just decompose and feed the lawn.

I could bag if I really wanted to, but I just don't see whe point. This system works very well.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Fuck bagging.

I got a 5hp gas-powered leaf shredder that I was going to sell until I used it yesterday and my father talked me out of it because he saw how great it works and implied that he wants to borrow it so I better not sell it.

My new wheeled leafblower can also vac/shred and bag leaves so thats why I was thinking I could sell this other thing. I blew all the leaves into a big windrow in the backyard and then just ran them through the shredder which really pulverizes them, almost turns them into powder. I just spread the leaf remnants evenly with a rake and let them get absorbed into the lawn. The pieces are so small that the wind can't pick them up so they don't blow anywhere, they just decompose and feed the lawn.

I could bag if I really wanted to, but I just don't see whe point. This system works very well.

That sounds cool. Wish I had Leaves.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
I HATE fucking leaves. . . I had all my leaf-bearing trees cut-down that were in my yard when I bought my house. I've since replace them with a line of Norwegian Hemlocks. . . Hemlocks = No leaves!!! My neighbor has Black Walnut trees and they constantly fuck-up his yard. . . for the most part, they don't come in my direction.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I got 6 pine trees out front by the road that drop needles and cones all over. I cleaned all that too.

I have only one tree in the back yard because the tool who used to own this house cut the rest down. I got 2 big maples on the side and one out front. But, the neighbors in the back and on the one side have enough trees that our yard gets filled with leaves .

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
amen to the FU... I was out there 2 hours today doing the leaves.... again. Can't leave them on the driveway and road as they get all mushed in and slippery and even harder to clean up. Should be done by Thanksgiving week. Stupid green and beautiful Oregon.. BAH!!

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
Then, after you get YOUR yard cleared, the wind instantly changes direction so that the leaves that the neighbors were too fucking lazy to take care of blow right in your yard.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Yeah, that was a problem in the past. We put up a 6' solid vinyl privacy fence, so that shouldn't happen this year. I took a peek over the one side and all kinds of stuff was blown against it but since it's tight to the ground nothing can get under it.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
grew up in a rowhome
no trees around , on street parking
wanted a single , private driveway
big garage and trees
well ,i got my wish
3 nice sized maples plus neighbors trees
love them in the summer
but the fall
ehh not so much
luckily my folks like to get out of the hood sometimes
they come over for some raking execise
if i could only get them to fill the bags more than half way

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I grew up in Northeastern Pa.....Raked leaves until I has blisters!
One of my Godsends....and ironic......lightning struck an old hickory tree while we were on vacation in Cape Cod....and smoosshed my room!.... Three days before......while playing hide and seek, I actually said, while touching the tree....If I am lying, may this tree fall on me in my sleep...

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
I thought this thread was started by AJ Soprano.....

NOTHING

Comeon

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Ugh screw this. Most of the leaves are down now. I figured I could clear the front yard real quick before I have to head out later this afrernoon . So, I wheel the ol' leafblower out there, assess the direction of the wind (more like a gentle breeze) and start blowing leaves downwind so I can just pile them up and deal with them later. I'm about halfway done and the direction of the wind changed. I got so pissed I just gave up and came in.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Sticker balls in the spring are far worse than leaves.
Plus, they don't send trucks around to pick them up so you *have* to bag them.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
raiN + leaves = royal pain in my ass.

I need some dry days to handle this shit.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Just did mine. Luckily we have the sucker truck here so I just have to drag 'em to the curb and pile them up. Fuck you leaves.