FU TO LIFE!!! (and myspace)

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Ever think to yourself, "my life sucks?" When I was a kid I NEVER expected to be a 28 year old alcoholic living in a sober house, not married, never finished college, I AM A FUCKING LOSER:arrrh: I go onto myspace and I see my friends who I don't even talk to anymore, who are married, have careers, and are living a fucking life. I live in a fucking sober house where people relapse every other week, there's like seven of us that are here for the long haul but i'm sick of these fucking "lifers," that come in here, relapse, steal, and leave...THIS IS MY FUCKING SHIT SUCK ASS FUCKING LIFE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!/!?!??!??!?!:mad4: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I come from a great home, and here I am, I wen't to college, had a great opportunity, had several great opportunities, and here I am, a fucking hack I stink I suck fuck you fuck me fuck life fuck this bullshit

Jan 6, 2006
Why don't you complain about it some more and do nothing to change it?

It's never too late to start over.

sd187

yousabird
Mar 13, 2005
"You're gonna be OKAYYYYYYY"

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Meh wait 12 years or so... all I can say is dude.. I am 40 and married (for a year and a bit)... and live in Maine on a horse farm... with two dogs... and if you asked me what I would be doing at 40 when I was 28... I would of said "Who the fuck knows"... just odd that I ended up here...

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Life just takes you places.... ride it out... shit will happen for you as long as you stay off the booze.

Alcohol has been what kept me a nothing... booze makes it to easy to be a bum... you dont have top look at yourself.. you just get drunk and say fuck it..

but when your sober things like you are going through now are what makes you do things to improve your life... that sober brain of yours is getting bored.

so go out there and do what sober people do... challenge yourself... start a business or something.

When i dont drink and im busy making money... thats when im happiest.

W

worldgate

Who really goes to myspace anymore? its the pedophiles playground and ill have nothing to do with it thank you.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
You'll be fine kiddo ... don't look at what others are doing, just focus on you. So what if friends that you don't speak to any more are married....how do you know they're happy? You don't. Nor do you know if they're sitting home thinking that there's more to life than getting up, going to work and coming home every night. Their lives could be as miserable as you think yours is right now.

How much longer before you're released from the sober house? If it's far down the pike is there a chance of transferring to a different home where maybe you won't feel as if your sobriety is being threatened? Have you tried speaking to your sponsor? Or even venting at a meeting or two or five? My ex never made it to the sober house stage - I think the longest he lasted in rehab was 2 months before he was "asked" to leave. The other three times I think he was gone after 2 weeks - but isn't there a counselor on staff that you can speak with about the issues at the house?

I can't say it enough - Focus on YOU. You're the most important person in this whole equation. Look how far you've come...how can you say you're a loser?? You've got almost 10 months under your belt and that's a HUGE accomplishment. How many do you know that didn't even make it 10 days?

Keep doing what you're doing with one exception - stay off of MySpace and if you're going to go on it, don't go looking for people who used to be friends.

And listen to Glenn ... his post makes a lot of sense.

p.s. - when I was a kid I expected that by 44 I'd be sending my kids off to college or watching them get married. I never dreamed I'd get involved in an emotionally & physically abusive relationship with an alcoholic crackhead, be diagnosed bipolar, and because of the past relationship be scared shitless of getting involved again to the point where I'm still single at 44 & the only "kids" I have are my sisters' boys. BUT, that's the hand life has dealt me and I can either curl up and die or live life to its fullest. I've chosen to live to the fullest. And I'm happier now than I've ever been.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
damn this site NEVER ceases to amaze me. I just kind of posted that because for the moment I was pissed and it wasn't going away, that anger and frusteration was boiling, and for me that thread is a way to vent and make me feel better. But jesus Glendandy you are a smart man weather you believe it or not, you helped me a lot as well as everybody else, steve you really made me think there about where you are and you made me realize that my "of friends" probably never thought they would be where they are either,,,hell one of them just travels and doesn't even have a girlfriend.

But Kris72663:action-sm Words cannot do justice to that post, believe me. I live in a great sober house when it comes down to it. I am actually here on my own accord, I put myself into treatement, worked hard at it, and came here even though I didn't really wan't to. I knew it would be hard but pay off in the end. My roomate is great, and there are some really great people here, those of us that have stuck it out kind of give each other "the look" when a new guy comes in. We have been through countless roomates but the "core" is stong right now. And I realized that I am lucky to be surronded by that "core" group and a good manager.

I am moving to Plymouth Ma, with my girlfriend in January, I moved here in January so I think that's pretty good. I have a year in December and need to focus on me like you say. I need to look at other's but not stare, and from what this progam has given me I was able to get by that feeling pretty quick that I had when I posted the thread. Thank you for the reply that's impressive :)

I hope that you can become willining and able to one day become involved with somebody who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve. I'm sure that was extremely hard to deal with at the time, and maybe even worse afterwards just to deal with the memories, but you seem to have dealt with that in a healthy manner.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Definitely listen to Kris. You're never going to be remotely happy if you aren't happy with yourself first and find out what it takes to make you that way(as hippie as that sounds). I was having problems with depression a few years ago and eventually came around to that after years of people telling me that. Once that happens, things just kind of start falling into place for you.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
damn this site NEVER ceases to amaze me. I just kind of posted that because for the moment I was pissed and it wasn't going away, that anger and frusteration was boiling, and for me that thread is a way to vent and make me feel better. But jesus Glendandy you are a smart man weather you believe it or not, you helped me a lot as well as everybody else, steve you really made me think there about where you are and you made me realize that my "of friends" probably never thought they would be where they are either,,,hell one of them just travels and doesn't even have a girlfriend.

But Kris72663:action-sm Words cannot do justice to that post, believe me. I live in a great sober house when it comes down to it. I am actually here on my own accord, I put myself into treatement, worked hard at it, and came here even though I didn't really wan't to. I knew it would be hard but pay off in the end. My roomate is great, and there are some really great people here, those of us that have stuck it out kind of give each other "the look" when a new guy comes in. We have been through countless roomates but the "core" is stong right now. And I realized that I am lucky to be surronded by that "core" group and a good manager.

I am moving to Plymouth Ma, with my girlfriend in January, I moved here in January so I think that's pretty good. I have a year in December and need to focus on me like you say. I need to look at other's but not stare, and from what this progam has given me I was able to get by that feeling pretty quick that I had when I posted the thread. Thank you for the reply that's impressive :)

I hope that you can become willining and able to one day become involved with somebody who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve. I'm sure that was extremely hard to deal with at the time, and maybe even worse afterwards just to deal with the memories, but you seem to have dealt with that in a healthy manner.
We might be asses to each other on the boards at times and people who don't know how Pests are will think we're asses in real life as well, but in reality we've all got hearts....but that secret's safe - nobody but us needs to know that ;)

Thanks Norton ... Someday he'll come along and I'll feel safe, but in the meantime, life is fucking great as it is. Grass isn't growing under my feet. And whatever reasons your friend has for not being involved, there is nothing wrong with traveling solo. I do it all the time and it's gotten to the point where the most relaxing vacays I have are the ones when I'm solo - don't have to worry about entertaining, where to go for dinner when everyone says 'I don't care but when you make a suggestion they make faces, I can walk around the condo nekkid if I want, sleep late or get up at the butt crack of dawn without worrying I'm going to wake someone up, etc etc

But enough about me ... this is your thread :action-sm

I think you're gonna be A-okay!!

kris

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
In a little late but i just want to say you are still alive man...from your posts it seems like your addiction was pretty severe but you are taking the necessary steps to overcome it. You are sober you wake up each morning knowing where you are and what happened the night before. You live in a safe supportive enviornment. You have a girlfriend you love and will move in with soon...look at all the good in life you have, you can't compare your life to others everyone is different. I know people who got married at 19 have 3 kids and are very happy and i know people who are same age as me 30, been divorced twice and are miserable life isn't a competition you gotta do what is best for you. You are coming up on what 10 months sober? take pride in that man THAT is an accomplishment that shows you where you are in life, you have taken control now enjoy it...all the best my man

oh yeah and fuck the sox:action-sm