FU to me for almost burning down my apartment building.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
So every morning, I turn on OnA, put some water on the stove for coffee, and hop on the internet for about an hour before work and read about what's going on. So I turn on the stove and go to the computer. Unfortunately, I turned on the wrong burner and my wife left a huge pan of oil or something on the stove I turned on. Smoke was coming out from under the lid and once I removed it, it scared the piss out of me as it bursted into flames. Luckily, I remembered the whole baking soda thing from 3rd grade and put it out. But now I'm battling with carbon monoxide. I'm a fucking retard. Gotta admit though, I was pretty freaked out because I wasn't too sure what to do at first.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
They're making these coffee makers now. Fantastic invention.

Ack's Grl

New Wackbag
Sep 21, 2005
I have an extra hot straightening iron that I keep on my dresser. It sits on a piece of thick cloth so as not to mark the dresser top. I have left it on for over 24 hours on 3 ocassions. The last time may have been almost 48. They really need to make an automatic shut off after like 5 hours or so.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
I have an extra hot straightening iron that I keep on my dresser. It sits on a piece of thick cloth so as not to mark the dresser top. I have left it on for over 24 hours on 3 ocassions. The last time may have been almost 48. They really need to make an automatic shut off after like 5 hours or so.
Right because, ironing your hair for anything over 5 hours is, you know, ludicrous

Ack's Grl

New Wackbag
Sep 21, 2005
heh, I was actually thinking about what the longest time I've had mine on for, but then figured hair salons would want them on longer. Idk. Maybe for popular consumption they could go off after 2 hours.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Unfortunately, I turned on the wrong burner and my wife left a huge pan of oil or something on the stove I turned on. Smoke was .

Tell your hillbilly wife to stop changing the car's oil in the apartment and take it to Jiffy Lube.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
i did that once, electric stovetop... so its not like a flame pops up.. i turned on the wrong burner and melted a plastic bowl to one of the burners. ooops.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
At least yours was due to an actual misunderstanding. I almost burned my apartment building down while high a few years back. Decided I wanted grilled cheese, and just stood there giggling as the fucking thing caught fire. Roommate had to take action, because I couldn't stop staring and laughing, as the fire spread.

Way to remember the baking soda deal!

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Most common one I have heard is coming home wasted and throwing a pizza in the oven and then passing out, only to wake up from the smoke filling your house.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive done it a couple times, wrong burner and the plastic bag, pan of bacon grease, pizza box under the broiler..... no to mention a couple of plain old grease fires, i always keep a lid handy, last one i ended up tossing my cast iron pan out the front door blazing away it was kind of cool since it was winter, the grease burned on the snow for a few seconds before going out

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
x3 french press faggot house checking in...Nothing like grinding your own fresh lil' cup o' joe...plus you can buy more expensive coffee b/c you don't waste any.

x4 french press faggot house checking in...Tossed my coffee maker/expresso machine about 3 years ago. You just can't beat a french press cup of coffee.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
You should've private messaged B54. . . he could have told you how to put it out.:D

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Most common one I have heard is coming home wasted and throwing a pizza in the oven and then passing out, only to wake up from the smoke filling your house.
Been there, wrote that book.

All fucked up after the bar, throw the pie in the oven, passed out. Smoke alarms with a hangover is not fun. Pizza was black as can be, and petrified.

I was deep frying chicken wings on the stove for a party, huge pot of oil, boiled over and hit the burner. Game over johnny. Flames went from my stove to the ceiling. I used flour. works the same as baking soda.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I've done thw same as well. Hate electric stoves. Turned on the wrong burner and set this pot pad knick knack thing on fire and began to melt the stainless cover.

Fucking hate eletric stoves. Have one now that I can't stand to use. I used to cook alot when I had gas.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
x5 for the french press here. Luckily my roomate manages a starbucks so I haven't actually had to buy coffee for 2 years now.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
once i was going to fry some shrimp, now i USED to work as a cook, anyway I was tired as hell. I heated up the oil , on the stove top, and sat there waiting, waiting, & waiting for the oil to start BOILING. Anyway i threw a test shrimp in, and the damn thing shot out of the little pot i threw it in and hit the floor, it was as black as the WB background., It hit a throw rug and burnt a hole in it. So i had to wait 20 mins for the oil to cool down then finally eat.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
once i was going to fry some shrimp, now i USED to work as a cook, anyway I was tired as hell. I heated up the oil , on the stove top, and sat there waiting, waiting, & waiting for the oil to start BOILING. Anyway i threw a test shrimp in, and the damn thing shot out of the little pot i threw it in and hit the floor, it was as black as the WB background., It hit a throw rug and burnt a hole in it. So i had to wait 20 mins for the oil to cool down then finally eat.
you let the oil get too hot. It shouldn't ever boil, that's dangerous.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Words alone apparently cannot convey appropriate sarcasm..

Re-read that in Bill Burr's most condacending voice, and it'll be funny..
At least it was to me.

Jan 18, 2006
Phoenix
sat there waiting, waiting, & waiting for the oil to start BOILING.
I've done this. Luckily, my boyfriend walked in and asked what I was doing. I told him I was waiting for the oil to boil. He kindly informed me oil doesn't boil.