FU to my new/soon to be old landlord

Whatzinmypants

My husband and I just moved to NC from NH. He came down first to start his new job and look for a place for us to live. I stayed behind to finish up the school year (I'm an educator).
He rented a condo and signed the lease last week...I haven't signed yet even though my name is on the lease. We payed our security deposit and for last week. We were supposed to pay for June yesterday on the 1st.

Long story short...when we got down here we noticed that someone had broke in the front door. It is in shambles. We called the rental people immiediately and were told someone would get back to us. Called and went down the next day with pictures. Apparantly the door had been broken before and fixed badly, you can tell by looking at it. three days later no one has called back. So yesterday called again and were told the property manager would return our call immiediately when she returned. She never called. I called after 4 and the office was closed but got an emergency number from the answering service. After much bitching they said they had been waiting to hear back from the contractor. This morning the contractor came by to look at the door. He told us they contacted him for the first time late last night and that he had given them an estimate on the door 2 months ago the last time it was broken into. (Property manager told me last night she this was the first time she had ever heard of the problem, what a lying bitch!)
We found a nice house and my husband is making arrangements for us to move in immiediately. My question is ....is our lease valid if my name is on it but not yet signed? can we recover our security deposit? will this end up a mess on my credit report?
I am contacting a lawyer tomorrow but I'm not happy throwing money into another place when we have a grand tied up here that I want back. I dont mind paying for the days we've been in occupancy but I want that security deposit back.
I fucking hate moving and this has been such a shitty week. I wanna go home!
Anyone have any suggestions?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Read through the lease and see if there are any loopholes that would allow you to escape it. A good RE lawyer would be the best at answering your situation if you can't find any faults in the lease.

Whatzinmypants

Read through the lease and see if there are any loopholes that would allow you to escape it. A good RE lawyer would be the best at answering your situation if you can't find any faults in the lease.
Did that and i think we may have an out but the wording is such that i'm not sure...definitely going with a lawyer.