FU to people who don't respond to e-mail.... in a timely manner.

How long to you take to reply to work-related e-mails?

• Usually very prompt within the hour.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Some time during that business day.

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • The next day.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Two days later.

• More than two days later.

• Pee in Dave's butt.

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
FU to all you assholes who aren't responding to my e-mails. On a personal level I don't care. But in business situations you should respond at least within 2 business days.

So FU for not replying after a fucking week.

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
If someone sends me something after hours, I don't really have the time or brain power to answer a complicated email that night. But, I will get to it first thing the next day. During the day, I will answer the email immediately or within a couple hours.

blackjacklily

The Black Cobra of WDT
May 16, 2007
PA
It depends on who sent the email and what it was concerning. 98% of the time, it's instantaneous. I reply back as soon as I get it. The other 2% of the time I may wait a day...never more than 2 days though.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Seeing as how 90% of my job is done nowhere near a computer..generally that evening..or the next day before I get out and about.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
depending on who sends it, if i even bother to reply so be it, i also work no ware near a computer so most of my e mails are crap any way, if its important i get around too it, but some times i dont even bother checking it because its all dick drugs and russan bitches looking for husbands, oh and ive one the african lotto more times than i can count

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
The answer is when I'm good and god damned ready to reply, that's how long it takes. If your question requires more thought or research than the time it takes me to type the email response, then you'll wait until I have enough time to put in the thought and or research to get you an answer. If it's 3 days, so be it. I didn't ask for your email and I owe you nothing because you decided to send it to me. When I get a moment to look into your query, I'll have a response for you. If your query is of a time sensitive nature, I may put something else off to reply sooner. I'm a busy mother fucker and I could really give two shits about you and your need for instant gratification. Everyone thinks nobody's got anything better to do than to wait for the "new mail" sound and fire off a reply ASAP. Some of us have shit to do.

If it's a simple matter that requires little or no thought on my part, you'll have it the next time I look at my inbox. Within 30 minutes or so.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
At work, you'll usually get a response within the first 10 minutes. . . Let alone a whole hour. Fuck drag-ass motherfuckers!!!:mad4:

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Depends on the request. Most of mine are answered within four hours if I like the person. If not, you'll be waiting a while.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Since I have to get on the VPN and fire up Outlook or go through the webmail interface - I check my work email when I feel like it. That's generally once a day, sometimes twice. Sometimes, I skip a day.

Chin nuts

Your breath smells like a dead baby's coffin.
Mar 17, 2006
Island Park, NY
The answer is when I'm good and god damned ready to reply, that's how long it takes. If your question requires more thought or research than the time it takes me to type the email response, then you'll wait until I have enough time to put in the thought and or research to get you an answer. If it's 3 days, so be it. I didn't ask for your email and I owe you nothing because you decided to send it to me. When I get a moment to look into your query, I'll have a response for you. If your query is of a time sensitive nature, I may put something else off to reply sooner. I'm a busy mother fucker and I could really give two shits about you and your need for instant gratification. Everyone thinks nobody's got anything better to do than to wait for the "new mail" sound and fire off a reply ASAP. Some of us have shit to do.

If it's a simple matter that requires little or no thought on my part, you'll have it the next time I look at my inbox. Within 30 minutes or so.
X2

I love the emails that are followed up by a phone call after 10 seconds of recieving it "Did you get my email?". Fuck you all I'll answer when I answer and not a second sooner. Emails were supposed to improve communication and efficiencies, from where I sit people are enslaved by them.

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
I'm one of those assholes that asks for a 'read receipt' on some of my messages so if I know someone has read my mail and didn't get their thumb out of their ass and reply to me or take an action I feel justified in busting some balls. Not all messages, just the ones involving money and customers. That being said, I'll check and answer e-mail maybe 2 times a day and respond to those that need it then.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002

wow, i always wondered what male menopause would sound like :action-sm

i think mr BCH needs a hug, and a nice tea party

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Work related is imperative. Non-work stuff I am SO bad at answering, yet I'll take the time to post in this thread.

"whaa"

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I'm one of those assholes that asks for a 'read receipt' on some of my messages so if I know someone has read my mail and didn't get their thumb out of their ass and reply to me or take an action I feel justified in busting some balls. Not all messages, just the ones involving money and customers. That being said, I'll check and answer e-mail maybe 2 times a day and respond to those that need it then.
Every time I get one of those, I always choose not to send the read receipt back.

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Every time I get one of those, I always choose not to send the read receipt back.
...HA!... even though it bugs me that you do... I totally understand why. Email is so lame, why did we stop using the phone?

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
I work in radio, so my boss sends us email after email. Were a short staffed station, so he micro-manages a hell of a lot. In addition to being a total Jew, he likes to send us email after email about every flippin detail of the station. He does it to the me being one of only three board-ops and the on-air staff of the station...DURING THE SHOW'S.

And it's always something. I never respond. He acts as if I'm supposed to respond like I'm his personalized negro. I either respond or I don't. The next time that I see him, I will either ignore him or knock his 60 year old Zionist-Jew ass on the ground.

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
What's email?

Sounds so primitive.