FU to scumbag thief, and FU to XM

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
A buddy of mine from work had his company vehicle broken into. They stole his XM radio and a few other personal things. He called XM to report it stolen, etc. They offered him a "deal" on a replacement radio but he had to take it then and there, and couldn't really tell him anything about the radio. They told him the offer expired when he hung up from that phone call.

I told him I'll check around and see if there are any good deals to be had, via myradiostore.com or whatever. I'll poke around in a little bit.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
What a bunch of bastards; "We'll offer you a deal on a radio I cant tell you about but, you have to take before you hang up" .... the height of stupidity.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
The lack of information was mainly because the XM rep was some variety of foreigner...

The thing was, he didn't have his credit card on him when he made the call. He was dealing with the police and everything else. They told him he was shit out of luck if he called back later. He had to take the deal then and there, which he couldn't.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
thats crap, i would have asked for a supervisor

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
So if someone steals my car I can call Jeep and get a discount on a new one? Give XM a little break here.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
The lack of information was mainly because the XM rep was some variety of foreigner...
NO FUCKING WAY! a customer service rep for an american company that is hard to understand?

thats just crazy talk mister!

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
The guy probably would have sent him an orange in the mail and enjoyed his CC.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Sounds like that Myradiostore.com commercial.

"It's off because it was stolen......
Well whitey..."

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
So if someone steals my car I can call Jeep and get a discount on a new one? Give XM a little break here.
Come on, Don.

The purpose of his call wasn't to get a deal on a replacement. It was just to get the thing turned off. He placed the call while he was waiting for Philly's finest to show up to fill out the incident report. The rep went into the high-pressure push for this "deal" for a new unit.

He's got his original Roady XT that can get reactivated. The unit that was stolen was a Nexus (the better model).

Imagine this scenario:

Customer: Yes, a dozen balloons broke into my house last night, murdered my family, and stole everything I have including my XM unit. I just want to report it stolen and in case someone tries to reactivate it, you are aware and can notify law enforcement due to the other factors involved.

XM Rep: Ok, that's fine. We can give you a deal on a new unit. All you have to do is prepay the next X number of months and we'll give you a new unit. But, you have to do it now. This offer is only valid for the duration of this phone call.

My point is the high-pressure "pitch" stinks given the circumstances.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'll agree that XM has HORRID customer service. And the whole "take the deal now" gimmick is cheap. However, the savage on the other end of the line probably just didn't know about the deal more than didn't want to disclose details.

I wouldn't wanna buy directly from XM anyway. You can get better deals from Myradiostore or even Wal Mart.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Would be nice if XM could send a signal to the stolen unit that would make the perp think long and hard about stealing another one.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
Would be nice if XM could send a signal to the stolen unit that would make the perp think long and hard about stealing another one.
really?

what would they say?

shame on you! shame! shame! for stealing this mans XM radio

sniper2323

The true north Idaho P.O.W.
Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
How about a signal that would trigger a small amount of C4, but only when a button is pushed..

It would display "wrong button assh0le"

Just a thought.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
How about a signal that would trigger a small amount of C4, but only when a button is pushed..

It would display "wrong button assh0le"
The 0 makes it edgy.

Reporting you for getting past the curse filter.