FU to the Coen brothers....

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
...and I don't give a fuck if this has already been posted...but FUCK YOU to all the people responsible for 'No Country For Old Men' I just watched this movie, and loved it all the way till the fucking end.. and then the movie fades out and I'm sitting there like I did the end of the fucking Sopranos saying you've got to be shitting me...that's it? Best picture? really? I'm not even drunk and I have no fucking clue what to make of the movie..... ah, go screw.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Should they?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I must concur. I went and saw it tonight and enjoyed it immensely, until the end. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a theatre with a bunch of old people (some of who didn't shut up the entire movie). But they were all just silent at the end. I think I actually said WTF!?!

Worst ending of a movie - ever.

HonkeyLips

Fuck the kids
Jan 19, 2007
Yep,.... got this movie on NETFLIX last night.. great movie, lame ending...

Unfortunately, I was stuck in a theatre with a bunch of old people (some of who didn't shut up the entire movie).
umm,, sparkling wiggles??

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Faded? How about "cut".

Loved the movie...the ending, was "meh"

But I still haven't forgiven them for "Fargo". I don't care how many people around here loved it...that movie was a piece of shit.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
dont rooooin it for me...netflix should have it here monday.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Pretty much the same as everyone else. I haven't been this pissed off at a shit movie ending since The Lady in the Water.

I actually wondered aloud, "What the fuck did I just watch."

So much promise.....

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I gave up on them after O Brother Where Art Thou. now THAT was a piece of shit movie for the ages.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
I must concur. I went and saw it tonight and enjoyed it immensely, until the end. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a theatre with a bunch of old people (some of who didn't shut up the entire movie). But they were all just silent at the end. I think I actually said WTF!?!

Worst ending of a movie - ever.
there is nothing worse than when the Old Wig wogs wont shut up. Fucking Winja's.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
This movie has been out in theatres for a long time. So, it wasn't playing everywhere. So, we went and saw it at a theatre we've never been to before and it worked out well because we were able to enjoy a nice dinner first at a restaurant nearby. We get to the theater, buy tickets, a drink etc... We go down the hall to the actual screening room. It's the smallest one I've ever been in, so everyone was sitting fairly close together. This one woman 2 seats away just wouldn't shut the fuck up.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
This one woman 2 seats away just wouldn't shut the fuck up.
You should have throat fucked her to death.

But, you're married. :action-sm

Yeah, the ending is a bit weak, but what do you expect from a couple of mental patients.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I watched it last night. Pretty good. I had horrible nightmares about the guy with the terrible haircut.

As guys we like a nice neat wrapped up package. You want an ending that makes sense. Its like sports. With sports you get a pay off. there is a winner and a loser. Not as many women love sports as they love soap operas. Soap Operas can go on and on and never quite finish the stories. They leave you wanting more.

Thats the impression i got from that movie. It just left me wanting more.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
The sound that shotgun made.....Boing!

Bad haircut guy was just a bad motherfucker with zero backstory.

Overall I thought it was a well shot movie, but it seems as though the last 15 pages of script were left out.

Equally well shot was The Assasination of Jesse James. It had a discernable ending too.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
I loved the movie and had no problem with the ending. I read a lot so it pretty much ended like a lot of books. I didn't read this book but every person that did said it was dead on. I also didn't like the ending...I LOVED IT!

*** Spoiler alert***

I'm more of a realist and can't stand half of the bullshit Hollywood puts out and has to have every ending work out perfect and wrapped up nice and tidy...the good guy wins, get's the girl, everyone is happy. Yech!

Tommy's character retires because he can't deal with the way life is anymore, although his uncle tells him it's always been that way. The bad guy wins (imagine that) and walks away and the good guy and the woman dies. Finally, no cheesy lines or a woman being all tough and kickass or birds chirping and butterflies fluttering by with a beautiful sunset.

Chigurh was badass and how fucking cool was that silencer for the shotgun? I liked the use of the compressed air tank too. I wish I would have read the book first.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Oh man, I didn't like the movie .... I LOVED it. Great soundtrack too.
I liked that movie too. I had it on DVD and lost it to my ex girlfriend. I liked a couple of songs from the soundtrack "Man of Constant Sorrow" and after hearing the Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss duet, I found out she wrote the song from the scene with the three sirens, down by the river. "Down in the River to Pray". For some odd reason she kind of reminds me of Stevie Nicks.

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
I'm more of a realist and can't stand half of the bullshit Hollywood puts out and has to have every ending work out perfect and wrapped up nice and tidy...the good guy wins, get's the girl, everyone is happy. Yech!.
Totally agree with you.

But with this movie man, I really thought it was going to take a strange twist or there was going to be a big 'ah ha' moment or something I could consider for a while after I saw it. I'll watch it again though.. great performances all round and yeah, that hardware the crazy bastard was carrying around was insane.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I
I'm more of a realist and can't stand half of the bullshit Hollywood puts out and has to have every ending work out perfect and wrapped up nice and tidy...the good guy wins, get's the girl, everyone is happy. Yech!
Yeah, I'm not a fan of happy endings, either....but at least it's an ending. It would've been better had they just taken the last scene out.

GoatAss

"Girls Like a Man With a Sharp Hairdo"
Oct 3, 2005
Pennsylvania
the ending is typical of a Cormac McCarthy story. the man just does not write happy endings. i've read about 4 of his books and they are all broken up type of endings. i believe the Coen brothers did nothing more than stay true to the book. i loved this movie and the ending. Chigurh was such a badass.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
i thought it was a great ending.
Ole pete rose haircut kept his word and offed the chick...in her state of disbelief she didn't care and gave up.I really had no problem with the ending. I think it was just a slice of life demonstartated on film. Nothing wacky, no saves the day moment, everyone just goes on their merry way, mission completed. WHen moe hair gets hit in the car...that was great. He pays the boy for his shirt to hold his compound fracture, and walsk off into the sunset ..what a psycho!

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
i thought it was a great ending.
Ole pete rose haircut kept his word and offed the chick...in her state of disbelief she didn't care and gave up.I really had no problem with the ending. I think it was just a slice of life demonstartated on film. Nothing wacky, no saves the day moment, everyone just goes on their merry way, mission completed. WHen moe hair gets hit in the car...that was great. He pays the boy for his shirt to hold his compound fracture, and walsk off into the sunset ..what a psycho!
Agreed. I had to let it soak in for a few days, cause i was kinda drunk watching it and kinda got lost at the end, but it was still an amazing flick. Well done. Ill have to rewatch it.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
bought the movie 2 days ago. watched it last night. loved it. what a grade-a, 1st class psycho that dude was!