OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

FU to the Coen brothers....

Discussion in 'What the F??!?' started by PDX909, Mar 15, 2008.

1. PDX909

PDX909 Registered User

...and I don't give a fuck if this has already been posted...but FUCK YOU to all the people responsible for 'No Country For Old Men' I just watched this movie, and loved it all the way till the fucking end.. and then the movie fades out and I'm sitting there like I did the end of the fucking Sopranos saying you've got to be shitting me...that's it? Best picture? really? I'm not even drunk and I have no fucking clue what to make of the movie..... ah, go screw.

2. Hysterectomeal

Hysterectomeal More like "Jew York"

3. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Should they?

4. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

I must concur. I went and saw it tonight and enjoyed it immensely, until the end. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a theatre with a bunch of old people (some of who didn't shut up the entire movie). But they were all just silent at the end. I think I actually said WTF!?!

Worst ending of a movie - ever.

5. HonkeyLips

HonkeyLips Fuck the kids

Yep,.... got this movie on NETFLIX last night.. great movie, lame ending...

umm,, sparkling wiggles??

6. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

Faded? How about "cut".

Loved the movie...the ending, was "meh"

But I still haven't forgiven them for "Fargo". I don't care how many people around here loved it...that movie was a piece of shit.

7. Hey_Asshole

Hey_Asshole Man, Beer, Wild

dont rooooin it for me...netflix should have it here monday.

8. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Pretty much the same as everyone else. I haven't been this pissed off at a shit movie ending since The Lady in the Water.

I actually wondered aloud, "What the fuck did I just watch."

So much promise.....

9. izzy izkowitz

izzy izkowitz Chris Hansen is my hero

I gave up on them after O Brother Where Art Thou. now THAT was a piece of shit movie for the ages.

10. Zona992006

Zona992006 New Wackbag

there is nothing worse than when the Old Wig wogs wont shut up. Fucking Winja's.

11. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

This movie has been out in theatres for a long time. So, it wasn't playing everywhere. So, we went and saw it at a theatre we've never been to before and it worked out well because we were able to enjoy a nice dinner first at a restaurant nearby. We get to the theater, buy tickets, a drink etc... We go down the hall to the actual screening room. It's the smallest one I've ever been in, so everyone was sitting fairly close together. This one woman 2 seats away just wouldn't shut the fuck up.

12. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

You should have throat fucked her to death.

But, you're married. :action-sm

Yeah, the ending is a bit weak, but what do you expect from a couple of mental patients.

13. Kris_LTRMa

Kris_LTRMa LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Oh man, I didn't like the movie .... I LOVED it. Great soundtrack too.

14. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

I watched it last night. Pretty good. I had horrible nightmares about the guy with the terrible haircut.

As guys we like a nice neat wrapped up package. You want an ending that makes sense. Its like sports. With sports you get a pay off. there is a winner and a loser. Not as many women love sports as they love soap operas. Soap Operas can go on and on and never quite finish the stories. They leave you wanting more.

Thats the impression i got from that movie. It just left me wanting more.

15. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

The sound that shotgun made.....Boing!

Bad haircut guy was just a bad motherfucker with zero backstory.

Overall I thought it was a well shot movie, but it seems as though the last 15 pages of script were left out.

Equally well shot was The Assasination of Jesse James. It had a discernable ending too.

16. bill333

bill333 Go Screw!

I loved the movie and had no problem with the ending. I read a lot so it pretty much ended like a lot of books. I didn't read this book but every person that did said it was dead on. I also didn't like the ending...I LOVED IT!

*** Spoiler alert***

I'm more of a realist and can't stand half of the bullshit Hollywood puts out and has to have every ending work out perfect and wrapped up nice and tidy...the good guy wins, get's the girl, everyone is happy. Yech!

Tommy's character retires because he can't deal with the way life is anymore, although his uncle tells him it's always been that way. The bad guy wins (imagine that) and walks away and the good guy and the woman dies. Finally, no cheesy lines or a woman being all tough and kickass or birds chirping and butterflies fluttering by with a beautiful sunset.

Chigurh was badass and how fucking cool was that silencer for the shotgun? I liked the use of the compressed air tank too. I wish I would have read the book first.

17. bill333

bill333 Go Screw!

I liked that movie too. I had it on DVD and lost it to my ex girlfriend. I liked a couple of songs from the soundtrack "Man of Constant Sorrow" and after hearing the Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss duet, I found out she wrote the song from the scene with the three sirens, down by the river. "Down in the River to Pray". For some odd reason she kind of reminds me of Stevie Nicks.

18. PDX909

PDX909 Registered User

Totally agree with you.

But with this movie man, I really thought it was going to take a strange twist or there was going to be a big 'ah ha' moment or something I could consider for a while after I saw it. I'll watch it again though.. great performances all round and yeah, that hardware the crazy bastard was carrying around was insane.

19. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

I got into the Stanley bros. cuz of that movie. I was all set not to like it and ended up a fan.

20. WonkaVision

WonkaVision To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!

The ending reminded me of "Broken Flowers"

21. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of happy endings, either....but at least it's an ending. It would've been better had they just taken the last scene out.

22. GoatAss

GoatAss "Girls Like a Man With a Sharp Hairdo"

the ending is typical of a Cormac McCarthy story. the man just does not write happy endings. i've read about 4 of his books and they are all broken up type of endings. i believe the Coen brothers did nothing more than stay true to the book. i loved this movie and the ending. Chigurh was such a badass.

23. TreeFortRichard

i thought it was a great ending.
    Ole pete rose haircut kept his word and offed the chick...in her state of disbelief she didn't care and gave up.I really had no problem with the ending. I think it was just a slice of life demonstartated on film. Nothing wacky, no saves the day moment, everyone just goes on their merry way, mission completed. WHen moe hair gets hit in the car...that was great. He pays the boy for his shirt to hold his compound fracture, and walsk off into the sunset ..what a psycho!

24. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

Agreed. I had to let it soak in for a few days, cause i was kinda drunk watching it and kinda got lost at the end, but it was still an amazing flick. Well done. Ill have to rewatch it.

25. LZMF1

LZMF1 Semi-Eviscerated

bought the movie 2 days ago. watched it last night. loved it. what a grade-a, 1st class psycho that dude was!