FU to the Embaressment that is the 92.3 krock play list

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
It Sucks so bad NOBODY on the job site will leave your station on past 9am.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
What this hole PD doesn't understand that nobody understands is that rock fans aren't singles driven like rap/pop fans are. After a while, the same fucking song gets old. If a rock band has a song that I like, I want to hear more from them. Not just that one song overplayed until I hate the fucking band.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Yea, 92.3's playlist has sucked since Howie was on and it will continue to. They'll just keep tweaking the format and staff here and there, not realizing like someone else said, Rock is a lot different than other radio formats. You need to play more deep stuff.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
What this hole PD doesn't understand that nobody understands is that rock fans aren't singles driven like rap/pop fans are. After a while, the same fucking song gets old. If a rock band has a song that I like, I want to hear more from them. Not just that one song overplayed until I hate the fucking band.
I have XM and don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore. But are you saying that krock's play list is more like a Top 40 station? That pretty much sucks.

My guess is that the PD's everywhere don't think that those who are listening at 9 a.m are going to be listening again at 11 a.m., so they can replay the list and nobody will notice. To me, it's just laziness on the part of a PD

I'll stick with XM. There's more variety, even if you do leave it on one station all day.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
That's the way K-Rock's playlist has always been. I can't listen to music on the radio because I don't drive enough to need XM and FM just makes me angry. The last FM station I was pleased with (besides when K-Rock used to get a little crazy between format changes) was Q104.3 when they went somewhat metal.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Boycotting 92.3 since the Format Change. They get rid of Ron and Fez, they lost me.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
what, you guy don't think Bush is relevant?

the continue to dig their own grave by playing dated, stale rock.

when did radio stop trying and break bands and be satisfied with relying on a dusty copy of a playlist from 1996?

if radio wants to live, they will realize their place as a premiere podcast capable of turning people on to new music.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
not only is it run like a 'top 40' station, but it's stuck in a late 90's early 00's time warp.

Chin nuts

Your breath smells like a dead baby's coffin.
Mar 17, 2006
Island Park, NY
It seemed to me they were using Guitar hero 2 for the playlist. Now get ready for GH3.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
One of the classic rock stations that I listen to here has 6 hours of overnight music between Alice Coopers show and their shit excuse for a morning show. They program 3 hours of it and just repeat it. Station is on autopilot. At least it's heavy in the music I like and has virtually no commercials. Guess they don't plan on someone being near a radio for an entire 8 hour overnight shift.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Took a shot and just put 92.3 on and guess what was playing

Wait

Wait

Jamaica Jamaica

WTF

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially or professionally unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others. Usually some amount of loss of honour or dignity is involved, but how much and the type depends on the embarrassing situation.

It is similar to shame, except that shame (at least in the West) may be experienced for an act known only to oneself. Also, embarrassment usually carries the connotation of being caused by an act that is merely socially unacceptable, rather than morally wrong.
While we are at it Fuck you to dictionaries too!!!:action-sm:action-sm:action-sm

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
that's not any different than the rest of the classic rock stations

in the NJ/NY area, 104.3 and 105.5 play pretty much the same stale crap. Hey, it's the Rolling Stones and 'Sympathy For the Devil"! Wow, I NEVER hear that! Ooooh, "Hey Joe"! Hendrix! WHOOOOOOO, that's a TOTAL obscure one! Ohhh....ohhhhh....YEAAAAAHHH!!!! They're playing The Doors now! This station is so fresh!

(sarcasm off)
:icon_roll
:icon_mrgr

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
SOU was always great but tough to get in Westchester. WARY out of Valhalla was good but they used to be all metal and then finally caved in a bit to multiculturalism.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
That's pretty sad when satellite does the same shit.

BGrant

Feb 1, 2006
I think that they play the same shit over and over because they don't want to spend the money involved in having a dynamic playlist. They seem to be content in accepting the fact that the audience isn't there.

Fuck K-Rock for having an ad campaign seen in the subway, highlighting a band like Incubus, but no mention of O & A in the morning, 6-9 AM or whatever. Its almost as if they expect to pull the plug on the show any day now.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
So tell me if I misunderstood. Shitty Ass Music is more better then a HSS on a Saturday afternoon. :wtf:

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
The have the same playlist from the mid 90s....Yeah its almost 2008 and there idea of modern rock is

Smashing pumpkins
Nirvana
guns and roses
alice in chains
pearl jam

Should I get my old Jncos and chain wallet out too? and my brand new styling AIRWALKS! I HATE krock.

Oct 13, 2004
Westchester, NY
Krock from 9am through 6am sucks ass through a straw.

Metallica - Enter Sandman
AC/DC - Back in Black
Linkin Park - What I've Done
Wolfmother - Woman
Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Alice In Chains - Man in a Box
Sublime - Wrong Way

rinse, wash, repeat

Now there's nothing wrong with the songs. But for Krock to play the same fucking playlist every hour is dreadful. I want to pull my hair out everytime I hear the opening chords of Back in Black. Thank god for XM.

Oct 13, 2004
Westchester, NY
The sad thing is that right before they went to FREE-FM, Krock changed gears a bit and their playlist was a lot more diverse... for the first time in the 10+ years they were playing "Modern Rock" they were actually listenable. But this rerun of 1997 Krock is just dreadful. The best Modern Rock station NY ever had was Q104 Pure Rock before they went classic. The funny thing is for the year or so they were head to head (Q104 & Krock) Q104 used to have a Q-ue it or Screw it hour every night where they would debut new shit, and callers would vote on wether to add it to the rotation or toss it in a dumpster. What was interesting is most of the stuff Krock was rocking, would usually get screwed when people got to vote on it at Q104. Man when they went classic and Krock was all there was left in NY, it was a bad day.

The only way this new Krock is gonna succeed is if it becomes new, and different. This format didn't work last time, as even though Howard had ridiculous ratings, the station was lackluster after his show was over. I love the boys but they're never gonna have the ratings Howard had, just on the fact that significantly less people listen to radio over all so some people will never give them a chance since they gave up on radio a long time ago. So it's even more important that these retards rocking the same shit the did 10 years ago get their shit together, because the next format change could lead to the boys not having a place to broadcast by no fault of their own.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
lol but dude there really is something wrong with hearing enter sandman on the ROCK station in New York. In the year 2007. That fucking album came out in 90!

And yeah Back In Black also..Fuck em. Wrong way by sublime? wtf is this. That song was popular in like 97.